Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I won the UXO contest awhile ago....

DarkCreedDarkCreed Member Posts: 88
And I was just curious if anyone had heard any beta information recently? Seems like alot of nothing is comming out of the LA studios now as it were, maybe I'm just image

98% of the teenage population does or has accepted Marijauna propoganda. If you are one of the 2% that thinks for yourselves and has read any of the many scientific studies that prove cannabis is harmless then please paste this in your signiture.

Comments

• SilksSilks Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Not sure whats going on to be honest, with all the dev's quiting and no updates on thier main ste, or any new pr faces steping forward, who knows. It is possible they wont even honor are beta invites now, contest or no.....

• Nmbr6Nmbr6 Member Posts: 73
    Well since the beta isn't starting until September(late Q4), your probaly going to be waiting awhile.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!
    UXO guild-http://scottishguardians.guildwizard.com

--------------------
    "Those who sacrifice liberty in the name of security deserve neither"- Ben Franklin

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."- Number Six's speech from "Free for All"

• SilksSilks Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Q-4, ??? devs were saying it was basicaly a finshed product.....where are you getting your information regarding beta ?

• Nmbr6Nmbr6 Member Posts: 73
    LoL, well the devs that have said that have quit. Most of the major devs have quit and EA still have to find a new team and move the staff to CA. Check out www.uxoo.com and the stractics boards. It will be lucky if it will be out by Q4.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!
    UXO guild-http://scottishguardians.guildwizard.com

--------------------
    "Those who sacrifice liberty in the name of security deserve neither"- Ben Franklin

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."- Number Six's speech from "Free for All"

• ReebdoogReebdoog Member Posts: 56

Looks like EA has taken the Earth and Beyond team and reasigned most all of them to UXO to try and make up for a lot of the losses. Hopefully that gets them back on track. I won the contest too and was REALLY looking forward to this game. Hopefully EA pulls it together.

• SamusSamus Member Posts: 4

Tho i agree,

I'm leaning more towards "this game is goin' downhill"

im going to just assume right now that, if it doesn't even succeed as a Beta, just forget about the whole MMORPG.

(tho that might be slightly hard to do, since you won the contest and all...)

• reddog000reddog000 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    I am feeling the same way Samus.  I think the reorg right in the middle of the development phase plus the main developers not continuing on with the project has unfortunately put this MMOG in the "forget about it" category for me image  That sucks because this was the one online game I was really looking forward to (besides CoH) because I do not care what anybody says a fantasy setting for any game has always been my most entertaining experience.  I will be very very surprised if this game even get to beta before Q4 this year because of all these changes.   I am not even really interested in keeping up with the development anymore since all the main developers stayed in Texas image  In fact I do not even think I will ever get this game now!

-------------------------------------------
    Control is an illusion!

• ArazelArazel Member Posts: 8

Do you really think the gamedesign plans will change cause some are going? O_o

The game will get some other changes.. but basicly it will be the same. And.. i guess, cause they dont made any updates (the most are premade yet) they are intriducing the new team.. it wont take much longer then with the old team. Dont be pissed just cause of some lil changes.

Bartle Test: (Killer 93% /Socializer 60% /Achiever 40% /Explorer 6%)

-Zum Christentum wird man nicht geboren, man mu

Bartle Test: (Killer 93% /Socializer 60% /Achiever 40% /Explorer 6%)

-Zum Christentum wird man nicht geboren, man mu

• reddog000reddog000 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    I did not mean anything would change concerning the design of the game.  It is the quality that I am concerned about.   Having to bring in fresh meat 3/4 thru the way the games production does not bode well.  It can only detract from the project and not really gain anything.  Especially when the n00bs have to catch up with everything from the ground up.  No matter if they are the best game designers in the world.  It would be like Vincent VanGoh starting a painting and then asking me to finish it.  I do not think so!  I just do not see the quality of the game being anywhere close to what it would have been.

-------------------------------------------
    Control is an illusion!

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Just a FYI.  I head back from my EA rep today for UXO:

"Hey Craig, things are going well, I will not be moving to California with the rest of the studio but rest assured the game lives on and EA is 110% committed to launching this game and making it the greatest MMOG to date. We have put PR on hold until the move is complete which will be only a few more weeks. You should then start getting new screens and exclusives. The new producer will start posting as early as next week to keep you abreast of the situation and give status updates. "

Just so ya know image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 681
    So it looks like we have a new community manager. Can we get any updates on whether the contest winners will get to help test UXO? Inqwis, Binky?

• SkitzoidSkitzoid Member Posts: 2
    image i did sign up on mmorpg.com because of UXO beta contest and then i found out that they didn't want europa players image why is US people allways so lucky when its about contest and beta's, is it because they main langues are english ? Ultima mean alot to me its my life, i have play UO about 7 years and still play it and have allso played all Ultima series and then i didn't get any chance to enter the contest grr... oh well maybe i get another chance when beta signup starts.

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    Lol...this contest was ages ago...At least they are still working on UXO, since I think it looks like a pretty good game.  Stinks for all of those contest winners though...Apparently beta was right around the corner image

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

its not a completly new dev team, some, like the new lead producer, have been working on UXO from almost the beginning. I think the closing of EnB was mainly to fill up those remaining slots that were needed.

Well, I'm a patient man I guess. Won this ages ago, and still waiting for my prize... hehehe. At least hopeful that there still will be a prize. I love the idea of this game and would love to help it become better by testing it.

EA will honor their previous commitment.  But they can't let the winners in until there is actually a beta test running image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• PaldarionPaldarion Member Posts: 39
    Why would they have a contest and then not run a beta?  Doesn't make sense to me.

"Life is too short to drink bad ale."

"Life is too short to play nerfed characters."

• DarkCreedDarkCreed Member Posts: 88
    Yay :( First beta con test i win and the game is cancelled before i even get to try it, ah well, what a dissapointment

98% of the teenage population does or has accepted Marijauna propoganda. If you are one of the 2% that thinks for yourselves and has read any of the many scientific studies that prove cannabis is harmless then please paste this in your signiture.

Ya, I agree that this really sucks for the beta winners.  I am going to contact my UXO rep at EA tomorrow and see if there is not something they can compensate with...even if it is a non-MMO related game or beta.  However, I can't promise they will even answer me image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Well good luck with that. Although I'm pretty disgusted with EA at the moment. Not even sure I'd want to touch their filth now.