Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG - How to Say It? - 3rd Gen MMO.

2»

Comments

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by area84

Seriously the Vets need to chill out, im sick of listening to people bash games that others like, yea I'm a vet my self, yea I liked the game better the way it was before, but if people love the game now good for them, they should if they are playing it and paying for it. Seriously Vets get a grip of your self, its over it has been theres no need to keep bashing SWG anymore about how much NGE sucks, theres a million posts about it and honestly everyone is fed up with it, but some people who cant let go, its game it was fun leave it that way and move on to something different. No one is in a position to tell people what they should like, you like what I dont like and vice versa, there is no way to convince someone why they shouldnt like a game just because you dont.
    This is sad the SWG forum has become a place for bashing and acting like total clowns, grow up and let people enjoy what they are paying for.

Just a quick question for you...

If you are enjoying the NGE so much why are you spending your time posting on the forums and not playing in-game?  Serious question actually...

• TNT123TNT123 Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by AveBethos

Seriously the Vets need to chill out, im sick of listening to people bash games that others like, yea I'm a vet my self, yea I liked the game better the way it was before, but if people love the game now good for them, they should if they are playing it and paying for it. Seriously Vets get a grip of your self, its over it has been theres no need to keep bashing SWG anymore about how much NGE sucks, theres a million posts about it and honestly everyone is fed up with it, but some people who cant let go, its game it was fun leave it that way and move on to something different. No one is in a position to tell people what they should like, you like what I dont like and vice versa, there is no way to convince someone why they shouldnt like a game just because you dont.
    This is sad the SWG forum has become a place for bashing and acting like total clowns, grow up and let people enjoy what they are paying for.

If you are enjoying the NGE so much why are you spending your time posting on the forums and not playing in-game?  Serious question actually...

haha they have you hook,line and sinker

• area84area84 Member Posts: 335

I havent played SWG in years and if you read my post I did mention that I didnt like NGE but this bitching and moaning has to stop. And even if I am playing a game im not going to just play a game and not check the forums, your logic is flawed. 

SWG was my first MMO and I do come to check the forums to see how the game is, and all i see is old SWG this old SWG that and when I first joined these forums it made sense and im not against talking about it but seriously this isnt even the vet part of the forum and all the posts get bashed by vets. It is disrespectful and thats what I think.

If the OP is enjoying the game fine let him have it no need to come and talk about how it USED to be, guess what it isnt going to change and all the crying isnt going to bring back anything and even if they did bring back everything and made it like it used to be I bet not even half of those hardcore Vets would go back because they are playing something else.

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

SWG NGE is a reversion back to 2nd Gen MMO.

SWG PreCU was the dawning of the 3rd Gen MMO.

Right now, MMOs are stuck in 2nd Gen.  As long as there are levels, as long as loot drops rule, you're stuck in 2nd Gen.

Skill based character progression, player driven economies, vast worlds to explore with quests, instances/dungeons, and freeform hunting/harvesting are the hallmarks of the dreaded sandbox, which IS 3rd Gen MMO.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Oireg

I'll not put a number on it, but pre cu swg was closer to a 'next gen' mmo than anything out or in development. 
    Seemless worlds, full player economy, tons of classes, even more options when building a template, non instanced player housing, player cities, player crafted/owned pvp bases that would be destoryed (a real reason to pvp, you defended something that was YOURS).  The PvP and PvE camps working together, they supplied our gear and we defeneded their cities/bases from attack.  I've never has as much fun in a pvp game than I did in SWG
    SWG had issues, it had no real pve content and doc buffs that allowed pretty much any class to solo anything in the game really hurt pve. But all in all the game was really ahead of it's time.  I'm shocked that newer mmo's have not picked up on some of the many things SWG did right. 

/agreed.

It seems most MMO developers are copying a dumbed-down system that WoW has made popular instead of having a creative thought themselves.

Koster and Co. were truly ahead of their time with SWG back in 2002-2003.

Koster was ahead of his time.

MMOs are about money now, exclusively, which is why the WoW formula is the baseline.

Those companies that are run by marketing asshats will be stuck in the 2nd Gen forever.  As long as the money flows in, there will be little change, because the people calling the shots care about NOTHING but money.  Nothing.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi