Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been Years since I played. I have VERY Basic Questions

mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

So yah, bought the game at release. Played for a few months and then canceled. This was before the Jump To Light Speed thing. Didn't even have mounts! Ran everywhere! hehe

Anyways. I have the old SWG box in my closet somewhere and am thinking about starting it up again. A few questions.

1. I think i remember logging into a "station" everytime I played. Is that the same "station" as the "Station Pass" thing that SOE has?
  2. If I subscribe again, am I only subscribed to SWG? Or does my subscription automatically give me access to the "SOE Station Pass", with access to multiple SOE games. (I assume I still need to buy the boxes for the other games)
  3. Or, do I subscribe to a "Station Pass" as a seperate thing to get access to all the SOE games?
  4. I looked at the SOE-SWG website, but I didn't see a Beast Handler/Master, whatever. There's a Medic, Jedi, Trader, Bounty Hunter, etc. But no animal specific class. I know a lot changed with the NGE. If my character is still in the database, It seems like I won't have a class... soooo what happens?
  5. Would my original character even be in their database? Or did they wipe old accounts after a while?

Like I said, very basic stuff. Any guidance is appreciated.

Comments

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434

Ok, first off you actually had the Launchpad. That's where you started the game. I don't know about the Station Pass, so I won't say anything on that. As far as your character, it should still be there. As far as I know SOE has never done a character wipe. Upon log in you'll have the opition to "respec" your character into one of the new professions, as the old ones are gone.

You'll also get a ton of pop-up windows about Veteran rewards. It's just something they give people for staying subscribed every 90 days. You can find out about those on the SOE SWG site as well. Also JTL is free now and everyone has it, even if you didn't buy it so you'll have that opition to get used to as well.

There are two expansion planets now as well, Kashykk and Mustifar. You'll need to order the expansions to get access to those.

Any more questions?

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

I think that about covered it. Thank you very much for your help. I'll poke around SOE's site a bit to learn about the pass. Any suggestions on the new classes?

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434

Well, as far as professions, it's basically up to you. I was just thinking about it to and I'm not sure what class you'll log in as. I had an entertainer on another account that I logged back in after nearly two years of not playing myself and she was a level 90 trader. I seriously hope this doesn't happen to you, but if it does, you can not respec to a combat profession at the same level. You'd have to grind it.

If you do have to grind your combat character, check into the Legacy quests. Depending on what level your character is, they may be very easy, but just go through as much of them as you can stand to get used to the system.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by mmonkey

So yah, bought the game at release. Played for a few months and then canceled. This was before the Jump To Light Speed thing. Didn't even have mounts! Ran everywhere! hehe
    Anyways. I have the old SWG box in my closet somewhere and am thinking about starting it up again. A few questions.

I think i remember logging into a "station" everytime I played. Is that the same "station" as the "Station Pass" thing that SOE has?
    If I subscribe again, am I only subscribed to SWG? Or does my subscription automatically give me access to the "SOE Station Pass", with access to multiple SOE games. (I assume I still need to buy the boxes for the other games)
    Or, do I subscribe to a "Station Pass" as a seperate thing to get access to all the SOE games?
    I looked at the SOE-SWG website, but I didn't see a Beast Handler/Master, whatever. There's a Medic, Jedi, Trader, Bounty Hunter, etc. But no animal specific class. I know a lot changed with the NGE. If my character is still in the database, It seems like I won't have a class... soooo what happens?
    Would my original character even be in their database? Or did they wipe old accounts after a while?

1.  You used a Station account to login to Launchpad

2.  Yes, you'll only be resubbing to SWG (and you'll get JTL for free)

3. You have the option to upgrade your subscription to the Station Pass account, but I think you need to go out and buy each game individually.  Not sure since I don't have one.

4.  Beast Master is an expertise tree available to all professions.  You can choose to put your expertise points into skills specific to your main profession or you can put them intot he beast master abilities.  Of course, you can also mix it all up and have a bit in your profession and a bit in beast master.

5.  No characters have ever been deleted, so your character should still be there.

• vizaviza Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by mmonkey

I think i remember logging into a "station" everytime I played. Is that the same "station" as the "Station Pass" thing that SOE has?
    If I subscribe again, am I only subscribed to SWG? Or does my subscription automatically give me access to the "SOE Station Pass", with access to multiple SOE games. (I assume I still need to buy the boxes for the other games)
    Or, do I subscribe to a "Station Pass" as a seperate thing to get access to all the SOE games?
    I looked at the SOE-SWG website, but I didn't see a Beast Handler/Master, whatever. There's a Medic, Jedi, Trader, Bounty Hunter, etc. But no animal specific class. I know a lot changed with the NGE. If my character is still in the database, It seems like I won't have a class... soooo what happens?
    Would my original character even be in their database? Or did they wipe old accounts after a while?

I just went through this myself. I had been quit since the CU was released.

All you need to do is go to the station site, and do a reset password thing with the email you originally used. Have it remember your login id by clicking the "forgot ID/password" link. Figure out what your id is then reset the password on it. Get logged into your account at SOE's site.

Once you've established that you can log into your account, download the trial from the front page of the swg site, and log into the trial with this same account name and password. It will download all the swg software that you've paid for and you'll be good to go.

If you want rage of the wookies(Kashyyk), trials of obi-wan(Mustafar), buy the "Star Wars Complete Adventures" box from gamespot or something. Enter this code into your account under "Register Expansion" and you are good. It's the same price as any one expansion and has all of them in it as well as an AT-RT vehicle. It's a very nice vehicle. The expansions give you the mustafar bunker and lava flea for ToOW or the Veractyl, but only if you buy them separately. Trust me, get the AT-RT and all of them for $20. Mayors hate the bunkers, and the lava flea is useful only on mustafar. The Veractyl is useful because kashyyk has a no vehicles law, but you can just buy any mount for cheap.

The AT-RT is hands down the fastest vehicle in the game, which, at least to me, is a huge benefit. On one character I got the individual expansions but I am a collector 8).

Hope this helps,

Viz