Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks cool but i have some questions

butters88butters88 Member Posts: 379

I've been looking at videos and screenshots and i must say this game looks to be alright. I have a few questions to ask before i buy this though...

1. What's the lvl cap and approximatly how long does it take to reach?

2. How is the PvP in this game? Are there different scenarios or is it all world PvP?

3. Is there a wide variety of armors and weapons? What about skills and abilities?

4. Is this game fun and meaningful, or does it just get boring fast and end up being a big waste of time in the end?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. I need something to do until WAR releases so im looking up different games that seem interesting. 

Comments

• Damge53074Damge53074 Member Posts: 95

1. The level cap is level 99. Even tho the game was released in 06 no one is level 99 yet. Training at those high levels takes very  long about .10 percent a kill on a higher level enemy.

2. The pvp is world wide, however you can have guild wars in the middle of towns.

3. The armors are so amazing in this game and look great, it will make you want to level all day just to obtain awesome new armor. There are a lot of armors and even better the expansion pack is coming out soon which is free. The skills are awesome as well have a look on youtube search archlord game play

4. The game is very meaningful. The best player in the best guild will have a contest to become the archlord. With an amazing pet dragon and dragon scaled armor you will also have more powers than anyone else. I heard you can change the weather and charge taxes on land as the Archlord. No one is ArchLord yet so hurry up and level =)

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

Originally posted by Damge53074

1. The level cap is level 99. Even tho the game was released in 06 no one is level 99 yet. Training at those high levels takes very  long about .10 percent a kill on a higher level enemy.

2. The pvp is world wide, however you can have guild wars in the middle of towns.

3. The armors are so amazing in this game and look great, it will make you want to level all day just to obtain awesome new armor. There are a lot of armors and even better the expansion pack is coming out soon which is free. The skills are awesome as well have a look on youtube search archlord game play

4. The game is very meaningful. The best player in the best guild will have a contest to become the archlord. With an amazing pet dragon and dragon scaled armor you will also have more powers than anyone else. I heard you can change the weather and charge taxes on land as the Archlord. No one is ArchLord yet so hurry up and level =)
    1. He is right about the level cap.

2. Pvp system sucks, its worldwide, but of course you get to bounty someone inreturn for gold. Andthe pker gets a penalty of -10% in exp when killed. Pvp is worthless in this game.

3. He is lying about the armour part. The armour stinks in this game. It makes you puke grinding the mobs with no real goal in this game.

4. The game is not meaningful, archlord system is not in game, and castle siege on the gamebox is not in game false advertisement.

Pointless in leveling once you reach level 60+ , why spend money for archlord cd key when you can get sword of the new world?

• nikkimondnikkimond Member Posts: 40

swotnw fanboy swotnw sucks bad, have to buy the game, pay monthly fees and theres an item shop.

level cap is 99 normal, archlord can go up to 100

There is worldwide PvP, Gladiatorstyle arenas, GvG's and Siege Battles comming soon. Asia is thinking about adding RvRvR.

The armours look pretty nice in the game, they have this dark age asia look

Grinding for hours on end takes up alot of patience, there are some quests to do and events to take part in to help with this. The ArchLord recieves, the ArchLord Armour, Mount (Dragon), ArchLord Skills, can raise taxes, change the weather and call apon his Guards. His Bodyguards recieve a special armour and all live in a castle.

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by nikkimond

swotnw fanboy swotnw sucks bad, have to buy the game, pay monthly fees and theres an item shop.
    level cap is 99 normal, archlord can go up to 100
    There is worldwide PvP, Gladiatorstyle arenas, GvG's and Siege Battles comming soon. Asia is thinking about adding RvRvR.
    The armours look pretty nice in the game, they have this dark age asia look
    Grinding for hours on end takes up alot of patience, there are some quests to do and events to take part in to help with this. The ArchLord recieves, the ArchLord Armour, Mount (Dragon), ArchLord Skills, can raise taxes, change the weather and call apon his Guards. His Bodyguards recieve a special armour and all live in a castle.

dont listen to this poster about archlord whatever you read on the archlord gamebox features they are missing in game. False advertisement. Archlord my ass the feature is not implmented.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

swords of the new world is a much better game IMO

• nikkimondnikkimond Member Posts: 40

it appears you havn't played the game this is whats on the box

8 different classes - yes

3 different races - yes

Hundreds of different weapons, armours and skills - yes

GvG battles - yes

Mounted Combat - yes

ArchLord - yes (Beta)

Siege Battles - yes (Beta)

it appears as if everything on the box is in the game, even if two features are still not fully integrated.

• KayakoKayako Member Posts: 133

The best way to fully try out the game is to use a trial key. I happen to have over 50 trial keys if anyone is interested.

|ArchLord|
    |Brumhart|
    |Berserker|
    |LvL 7X|