Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best graphics card?

Which is a better 1 Ati or NVadia??on the poll i know i spelled it wrong...

intel sucks even with their 3.6

Imperium Acranum rapped me

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

You think the WoW vs EQ2 got a lot of flames... this will be even worse.

I say the 6800GT or Ultra.  I have a 5950Ultra right now and I'm loving it.  I'll sell mine for $200 to whomever. ;)

What will he do next?
  • LoD254LoD254 Member Posts: 373
    Nvidia is always at leats good if not the best. Some games gave me problems when i switched to ATI for the first time. From experience id go with Nvidia.

• Amd64_FX_53Amd64_FX_53 Member Posts: 421
    Its a fact that ati get better frames per sec and is faster...Why is NVadia so good?Right now i have a NVadia 5500le and it sucks.....image

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

First off, not only did you spell it wrong in your poll, you spelled it wrong on your post too.  Its "NVIDIA".  Secondly, ATI totally sux because they have horrible drivers.  Good cards, just terrible drivers.  They always conflict with different games, when u finally get it to work, then it dont work with other games...  I will never buy another ATI.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

I've been turned off from ATI for years.  Since their AIWs they couldn't make a decent set of drivers.

Also just because it's faster then Nvidia in some games, it's not faster in all games.  Right now Nvidia and ATI are 50/50.  If you want to see which card is better, then it's Nvidia.  They have Pixel Shading 3.0.

What does the x800 have 2.0.  So why is ATI better?  Just because it's faster in 2% of the games?

What will he do next?

Originally posted by Amd64_FX_53
    Its a fact that ati get better frames per sec and is faster...Why is NVadia so good?Right now i have a NVadia 5500le and it sucks.....image

Since you have a 5500le, I don't blame you.  That card is garbage.  It's like having an ATI 9200 and saying it's uber, it's just not going to happen.

I have a 5900 which I've modded and I can't complain at all.  It can take any game I throw at it and laughs at it... :) image

What will he do next?
  • numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Performance Wise ATI has proven to be better then Nvidia equal cards(price wise anyways). But, I have seen(and experienced) many many problems with ATI cards. Rarely do I see a problem with an Nvidia card. And for the marginal decrease in performance to the compatability problems, ill take the Nvidia card any day.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Both nvidia and ATI make great cards.

I think ATI are faster performance wise .

However ATI has been known to give people hell with drivers espically if you don't know how to switch drivers.

Personally i have never had any trouble with my R9800pro or drivers.

And have to say my R9800pro (and i did not even bother to overclock it) laughs at everything i thrown at it so far.

I'm going to be buying an eVGA GeForce 6800GT this week, when it arrives I will post my before and after benchmarks with my 5950 Ultra.  image

What will he do next?

Ati is alot better.mabye it doesnt have good drivers but u get better performance.imageDjin that wasnt a great idea buying that.....

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

I personally like ATI....I right now have a crappy one tho......Radeon 7500...only 64-bit card......

but idk.....from the looks of it there both good...i mean i have never had a problem with the ati radeons.....

but...i am currently saving money for a new comp...and i'm not sure if i should get a nvidia or ati....i am gonna play eq 2 so would the nvidia geforce **00 be any good....since it has the pixel shading?

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Yeah, ATI cards have a technical edge on NVIDIA.

However, that doesn't mean much to me when the 9800 pro I had kept putting my monitor into sleep mode every two hours or so. I tried again with a different 9800 pro some time later. I got the drivers off the disc installed, but when I tried to update to the newest drivers, it caused my system to crash when I rebooted after install. I tried getting some help from ATIs customer support, but never got a responce. I finally managed to jerry rig the updated drivers in, but in the end, I still was having the same problem with going into sleep mode, so I replaced the ATI with a 5900, and have had no problems. Never had any problems with any NVIDIA card for that matter.

-------
    They panic, so... just hold them down
    I could live like this
    I'm closing in; hate all around
    I could be like this
    Hearing them; them in my head
    How can they be so sweet... sweet?

Originally posted by tu_uilwen

I personally like ATI....I right now have a crappy one tho......Radeon 7500...only 64-bit card......
    but idk.....from the looks of it there both good...i mean i have never had a problem with the ati radeons.....
    but...i am currently saving money for a new comp...and i'm not sure if i should get a nvidia or ati....i am gonna play eq 2 so would the nvidia geforce **00 be any good....since it has the pixel shading?

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars
    Currently playing

go with Ati. it will play all those games better.(Especially with Half-Life2.)image

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Originally posted by tu_uilwen

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars
    Currently playing

Sorry but ATI totally suxorz.  Since EQ2 was made to be played on Nvidia, I'd suggest buying an Nvidia.  I guarantee ATI will have problems just like it did in EQ1.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

There's not a doubt in my mind that ATI is a very well built, very fast card... but for them not to support PS3.0, that's going to kill them in the later years.

As for Nvidia 6800, they fully support PS [Pixel Shading 3.0] which will become the standard very soon.

Has anyone seen the FarCry game with PS 3.0?  WOW! 

My point is this... stick with Nvidia...  better drivers, better hardware, better people. :)

What will he do next?
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

ATI has come a long way driver wise in the last 2 years and is a very stable card.

Remember when the old athlon processors were overheating?no one makes mention of that now despite it gave AMD a bad reputation.

In a year or 2 ,people would forget the bad rep ATI has and be buying it in drones.Alreary it has a significant rise in sales last year.

ATI are faster and are even cheaper making it a great bargain anyday.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

The Nvidea is too expensive when the ATI is much cheaper, and still has the same benchmark ratings (or close to the Nvidea).

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
    Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • hertinhertin Member Posts: 31

Well there is a lot of personal choice in this i suppose.

Personally i am sticking with ATI for a while until nvidia shows me the sort of spark they had with the Ti4 series.