Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maplestory

PkhBaskoPkhBasko Member UncommonPosts: 59

Maplestory: (FREE) Side Scrolling 2d MMORPG

This game has very much to offer although it is a pure hack & slash, so if you do not like hack & slash this is not the game for you.

When you begin your journey as a beginner in this vast world you will be limited to a small island, (you can leave it whenever you wish but until you reach a certain level depending on what class you will choose it would not be advised (Magician-8 Warrior-10 Rogue-10 Bowman-10) after you have reached these levels which require certain levels in skills you may leave and go to your town of which you will become a certain class. (Ellinia-Magician Level-8 Perion-Warrior Level-10 Kerning City-Rogue Level-10 Henesys-Bowman Level-10) When you have reached these levels you will be farming monsters and questing until level 21 is reached, at this point in time you can now go to Kerning City and start Party Questing. You get a group of four people from levels 21-30. And kill monsters along with doing puzzles PQing saves lots of money and you also level very quickly however it can take up to one hour or more to get into a PQ. At the end of each PQ there is a boss and after you kill the boss you get a reward. When you reach level 31 which is the level that you can no longer PQ with your character you should know what to do from there.

Free: You can spend your money on something which is Called NX CASH which allows you to buy new clothes, pets, stores, weapons, facial expressions, etc. Non of which help you with defense or damage. (Just for looks)

Population: The population of this game is very good there are always people to play with aways people to party with always people to trade with always people to talk to. Most of the community is very nice and understanding.

Classes: When you obtain a level of 30 you can go and talk to the CPU about upgrading for example as a Magician you have a choice of Cleric, Fire Poison Mage (F/P Mage) Ice Lightning Mage (I/L Mage) Not every class can become 1 of 3 only Warriors &  Magicians.

World: The MapleStory World is very large although it may not look very big, as you excel in level you can go to other Islands, you could always go to these Islands even at level one it's just that when you would encounter a monster at Ludibrium (Ludi) for example you would most likely die.

Quests: There are a few different types of quests, you have Quests, Party Quests (PQ), & Jump Quests which tend to be a tad annoying if you do not have a decent keyboard.

Thanks You! =)

PkhBasko

PS: If you have any question feel free to ask.

Comments

• PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Member Posts: 80

you forgot the weeks and weeks of pure grinding.

• PkhBaskoPkhBasko Member UncommonPosts: 59

Like I said it is a HACK & SLASH...There are countless other ways to get exp, you could quest, you could do pq's you could party with firends...Do not downsize the game because you do not like HACK & SLASH.

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

Sounds good, I think I'll give this game a try.  And pure grinding?  That's a positive! ^^

• mmrpger77mmrpger77 Member Posts: 3

For all you people who want to try the game you have to really get into the game to like it.Like  the guy said:its hack and slash.And it is if you are either:Too lazy to try and lvl up.OR.. you are too busy to play this game and believe me it takes a lot of time liking the game.It just depends on what game style you like.Still I wouldn't recommend it at all for gamers who like GW,WOW,and EQ( everquest online check it out.)But still for patient people,and people who don't care what graphic are,this is the game for you.

• intr0intr0 Member Posts: 1

I would like  to try it but i hate i can only run it in full screen mode. Is there any way to run it in window?

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

The Maplers attack.

God save our souls from these wretched carebear kiddies!

• CrAnky23CrAnky23 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by intr0

I would like  to try it but i hate i can only run it in full screen mode. Is there any way to run it in window?

The only way to get around that is by hacking. Currently in the one I play gMS you are more then likely to be caught within that day or the next couple. So really it's not possible to play the game legitimately and play in windows mode.

• PhantasmNLPhantasmNL Member Posts: 13

Not a Particulary Brilliant Review if you ask me =/

It's...well...a tad...Chaotic? and it just doesn't feel complete...there's SO much more to tell about the various Features of this game...

Characters: (Maplestory)
    Lv80 Chief bandit~ PhantasmNL
    Lv51 Sin~ UltraRebel
    Thieves for Ever ^^
    R> Guild "Fear" (Scania) PM me