Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does Alliance lose 90% of all PvP matches?

13»

Comments

• slapme7timesslapme7times Member Posts: 436

back when i played, the horde, at least in the games i played, were beating the alliance 99% of the time...

mostly it's because more children play horde...  less hardcore moms and non gamers seem to play alliance more often...

if you go to a gaming parlor, they're all horde, and they're all under 15 years of age...  i'm not saying horde are immature, i'm saying kids are much better players than adults in my experience...

also... i usually had more kills than every other player in the match combined...  that could have contributed to the reason our team won so often =)

well, i was a shadow priest =)

--people who believe in abstinence are unsurprisingly also some of the ugliest most sexually undesired people in the world.--

• PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by slapme7times

back when i played, the horde, at least in the games i played, were beating the alliance 99% of the time...

mostly it's because more children play horde...  less hardcore moms and non gamers seem to play alliance more often...

if you go to a gaming parlor, they're all horde, and they're all under 15 years of age...  i'm not saying horde are immature, i'm saying kids are much better players than adults in my experience...

also... i usually had more kills than every other player in the match combined...  that could have contributed to the reason our team won so often =)
    well, i was a shadow priest =)

Kids learn much faster as the brain is a lot more susceptible to all kinds of information in its earlier years, but some others have pointed out in this thread that "kids just want to have fun and do not necessarily have the interest of learning tactics and teamwork". The others [in this thread] may be right, but I think they are underestimating the younger population by saying so. With that in mind, and "most kids choosing Horde side" (if that really is the case), then I can clearly see that Horde has both a curse - the community - and a blessing - the skills / dedication.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

As far as I can see, age ranges seem to go:

10-14: Alliance

15-23: Horde

24+: Alliance

So alliance get the extremes of maturity and immaturity.

• LordArthasLordArthas Member Posts: 32

Yep, allys always seem to lose they lose damn near ALL the time in the pre-70 brackets. And in the 70 brackets they seem to lose a lot, but not nearly as much. Just what I've seen

• ginettiginetti Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Thorsnes

Originally posted by safwd

This is a good question. Why does the Alliance lose so much.
    I think the answer to this question is: The Paladin.
    How can you expect to win a fight if you have Paladins, they just suck so bad.
    And dont get me wrong on this WoW folks, im not busting on the WoW Paladin, im busting on all Paladins.

I will have to disagree on this. A paladin is hard to kill, a twinked paladin is an absolute nightmare to kill and two paladins at once - twinked or not - is next to impossible to kill. I don't know, maybe you were being ironic?

what does twinked mean

----
    MMORPG's I've Played: World of Warcraft: 10/10 - Rappelz: 7/10 - Ragnarok Online: 8/10 - DnD Online: 2/10 - Runescape: 6/10 - LotR Online: 5/10 - Anarchy Online: 7/10 - CoV: 8/10 - Rohan Online: 8/10 - Guild Wars: 7/10 - Flyff: 8/10 - Warhammer Online: 8/10

My HARDCORE Story

• Narcin1Narcin1 Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by ginetti

Originally posted by Thorsnes

Originally posted by safwd

This is a good question. Why does the Alliance lose so much.
    I think the answer to this question is: The Paladin.
    How can you expect to win a fight if you have Paladins, they just suck so bad.
    And dont get me wrong on this WoW folks, im not busting on the WoW Paladin, im busting on all Paladins.

I will have to disagree on this. A paladin is hard to kill, a twinked paladin is an absolute nightmare to kill and two paladins at once - twinked or not - is next to impossible to kill. I don't know, maybe you were being ironic?

what does twinked mean

Tricked out or boosted by a higher level character far beyond what an average person that level could achieve on his own (probably not exact def. but it works.). On the whole pally subject, are you talking PvP they suck? PvE they suck? Yet you give no reason why. I hope you've atleast played the class in a high level enviroment before you just saythey suck and it's all their fault alliance looses. Ofcourse, now horde has pallies, so it's ofcourse now bull shit. the whole thing sounds like saying warriors suck because it has "war" in the name and Im a hippie.

Argh

• PigflyPigfly Member Posts: 21

Nobody cheated, it just that most of those hardcore players had left the game long ago and then some went AWOL to horde's side to be cool (like killing gnome's).

I have'nt touch WoW for well over a year and I could see with my chuckle's that there is much more annoying nub's nowaday than there is good players, let alone hardcore players.

• moostownmoostown Member CommonPosts: 377

I found it depends what server your on.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Something I've noticed playing my little alliance shaman at 20-29...

She seems to win around 40-50% of the battles she participates in. I expect this to go up when she plays at higher levels with less twinks around. Then I hear another player in battleground chat at the same level say "How come alliance always lose". All I can do is smile. If the team you are on always loses at all levels, then look in the mirror for the reason. A few decent players who know how to be in the right place at the right time can make a vast difference to the outcome. Stop moaning and become one of those players.

• azgarthazgarth Member UncommonPosts: 188

Put yourself in the shoes of a child. What would you rather play, the "bad" and uggly or the pretty? The gnomes, the night elves, are sure to attract another audience, while the horde is more interesting to those that played the Warcraft strategy games. There are kids on both sides, but the zergs from alliance sure demonstrate that there are more there. A zerg is effective, but if the zerg group leaves what they conquered right after is just like you said. I think it has to do with maturity, and on alterac valley the lack of it doesn't matter that much, since some of the conquered spots can be destroyed.  This is what I believe anyway.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Originally posted by Antipathy

Then I hear another player in battleground chat at the same level say "How come alliance always lose". All I can do is smile. If the team you are on always loses at all levels, then look in the mirror for the reason. A few decent players who know how to be in the right place at the right time can make a vast difference to the outcome. Stop moaning and become one of those players.

I have to agree with this. Back in my WoW days, quite some time before BC, there was a period that I farmed Honor (yeah, it was by far the biggest mistake in my gaming years, ever). This was before Battlegroups.

You know how tiresome the grind can be and how helpless one can feel losing again and again and again. Now and then I would try to keep it together and spur the people on my side to some teamplay and coordination, but quickly give up in exasperation. As most others would.

The thing is, once in a while some player would turn up, prove determined and even stubborn in leading, in making the people work as a team... He would keep on pestering until most people listened and you would suddenly have a team.... made up of the very same people who usually run around like headless chickens! So it's just a matter of mentality.

Yes, playing leader is surely not everyone's idea of "fun", but you either need to do it or you need to bring a team of people who play with each other - or get extremely lucky and end up among teamplayers in a random BG group.

After witnessing how some players could spur a bloody mess into a team like that, whenever a friend would ask in chat "Why does Alliance always lose?"; I made a point of replying, jokingly: "Because you're in it!"... And every time I gave up in exasperation, repeating: "Because I'm in it!" :)

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

The  main reasons that I see as of late are..

Alliance always seems to have more afk than horde

Alliance do not cooperate at all.

Horde healers heal instead of trying to do dps.

Seems that most people that pvp on alliance are just doing it for gear and find no real enjoyment in it.

I hate the PvP in WoW its unbalanced at best. I just do it for the gear. You can lose AV and still pull decent honor. I used to get pissed at the afkers now I just deal with it. Blizzard with their 9 MILLION SUBS dont give a shit so why should I.

• MrTumN3sMrTumN3s Member Posts: 439

Because of all the HORDE TWINK ROGUES SHANKING YOU EVERY TIME YOU WANNA STEP OFF THE CLIFF ! hah, jk , but really. I find it that theres more players on Alliance that enter BG at lower levels , not a wrong thing, but bad for most of the situations they will be in.

----------------------------
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

I will sum it up for ya.

I have 2 accounts on a PvP server, 1 horde, 1 ally. 

On my Horde account if someone reports allies ganking, you get several "where are they?" responses from high level players followed by some impressive back-up comming your way.

On my Ally account if someone reports Horde ganking, you get.................. *crickets* 

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Over the past few nights I've noticed horde mainly stick together in groups in AV. Alliance tend to assault a flag, capture it, and run all over the place spreading themselves thin leaving flags open for attack.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

In the 60-69 bracket Horde seem to be losing a lot. And more specificially i've noticed that the more blood elves, the faster we (being Horde) lose. The less blood elves we have, we win, or win faster.

Led me to the conclusion that most BEs are Alliance alts.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Horde here and my expirience is that less typing = more winning, some groups just work soo good together and all you here is inc here or help here pls and it's pure pleasure playing and then there are those... "YOU ARE ALL FUCKING N00BZ" matches where no matter howmuch you try or tra to coordiante or whatever... it just blows

Do Horde win more, yes, but doing nothing more complicated then just simple teamwork, when there's no teamwork, no racials or anything similar can help

Is there more kiddies on Alli side, from few alts I rolled there... yes

Do BloodElves bring destruction to horde BG score, yes