Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would i still enjoy?

RockshaRocksha Member Posts: 125

Last time i played this game was about two years ago, would i still enjoy the game even if i had to start all over again? and finally i have the pc version, should i get the 360 version or just stick with pc?

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Not much *if anything?* has changed for the lower levels, the expansions have only added more content for higher levels *and new classes I suppose*

You might enjoy it if you enjoyed it 2 years ago, really just depends if its what you want to play it right now.

Still very group based after 10 lvl, and still a decent grind.

Id stick with the pc version unless you hate the UI controls for PC, well I stuck with PC anyways.

And their should be no problem starting over, theirs usually people around your level to group with.

• RockshaRocksha Member Posts: 125

do as many people still play as when it was released?

• snipergsniperg Member Posts: 863

Well not sure how the game was 2 years ago.

Anyway as for the number of people playing on each server it is pretty much stable although there are differences from server to server. For example Garuda where I play has a lot high level players on average so it's one of the toughest ones to level a low level job

Other than that. Nothing has really changed exept maybe some gameplay issues. Low level stuff is ignored in the game and most of the things all expansion add are for the high levels with a few jobs to justify starting going the "I suck" part all over again.

AH has normal prices and all is peaceful at Vanadiel at the moment. Check though the server forums to see what sticks to you best.

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

Ive heard the graphics look fuzzy for the xbox 360, is this true?

bump

• SaishyuroSaishyuro Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Not much *if anything?* has changed for the lower levels, the expansions have only added more content for higher levels *and new classes I suppose*
    You might enjoy it if you enjoyed it 2 years ago, really just depends if its what you want to play it right now.
    Still very group based after 10 lvl, and still a decent grind.
    The game is group based, but there were changes to help out lower levels. Signet is now different and has the following bonuses (taken from FFXIkopedia):
    1. Increased Healing HP
    2. No TP loss while resting
    3. Bonus experience earned in smaller parties
    4. Increased defense and evasion against attacks from your auto-attack target

It's not uncommon for players to solo, duo, or trio their way to level 37. Once players hit the TAU xp areas, the Sanction XP bonus makes leveling extremely easy since it's a straight up 15% xp bonus and the mobs repop after 5 minutes. A talented group of players can easily make 10k/hr as early as level 55.

Server populations are still quite healthy. If you go to any of the fansites, you'll see that SE has taken a very, very serious commitment to listening to the playerbase on what changes are needed. RMT and cheaters are being banned on a monthly basis, and the prices you see today are about what they were 2 years ago. There's new jobs being released this winter - a good chance to start a new job since many players will probably level the new ones.

are the towns still pretty packed full of people? i remember people being all over in town

• Reaper_EmberReaper_Ember Member Posts: 90

Now, the game is more balanced and even at times encourages solo play.

The Signet buffs are quite nice, and allows for easier soloing.

Still plenty of people around.

I just think its still a fun, deep game.

And now, not as many gilsellers! WOOHOO!

So the economy has balanced out.

RIP: Masamunex - 75PLD/37WAR Ramuh

We will rise again from the ashes. To take over Vana'Diel.

Since it has been about two years since i last played, I called SE to see if they could get my characters back, and they said my playonline ID isnt even on the server anymore and that theres nothing they can do. So i tried buying another ID, but when i put in my play online registration code, it said that it is not valid, so i had to call SE again, and they said i had to buy a whole new game. Is this right?

• Reaper_EmberReaper_Ember Member Posts: 90

Pretty much, due to the fact that when you used your registration it automatically deleted it from the registration key database.

But its only 20 bucks, no biggie...

RIP: Masamunex - 75PLD/37WAR Ramuh

We will rise again from the ashes. To take over Vana'Diel.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Reaper_Ember

Pretty much, due to the fact that when you used your registration it automatically deleted it from the registration key database.

But its only 20 bucks, no biggie...

That is... 20 bucks for the original game and all expansions up to Aht Urghan, with the "Vanadiel Collection 2007"; it comes in a silver box.

It does suck that you lost your old account though.

For future reference... if you do come back and play, keep in mind that if/when you decide to take a break, you do not have to cancel your entire PlayOnline account. You only have to cancel the Content ID's... basically rendering them inactive. The Content IDs are what you're actually paying for, not the PlayOnline account - that's free and available whether you're playing or not.

If you only cancel the content IDs.. your characters will be safe and intact for quite a while - I know of people who came back after 2 years and their characters were still there. If you cancel the entire PlayOnline account, though, then they do purge it after about a year, and you have to buy a new account.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

which servers would you guys recommend for a low level and a server that has high population?

Originally posted by Rocksha

which servers would you guys recommend for a low level and a server that has high population?

I think they all have comparable populations and, really, I think the overall total # is kinda irrelevant once you get into the thousands... It becomes an abstraction. You're never going to meet or know everyone whether there's 1500 or 2000.

A better concern might be which server has a lower economy, to make it easier to get into the game at lower levels where you can buy your gear, etc.

I play on Pandemonium and I think it's a great server... wouldn't leave there for anything.

As for starting at low level, they're all good - people are always playing new jobs and so you'll always find people leveling in the lowbie areas.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

• DoomLordDoomLord Member UncommonPosts: 124

lots of updates i would have to say yes

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

I play on Pandemonium, it's pretty much the same balance of people throughout all the servers really.

I hear Kujaja has the most people if you're looking for a high populated server.

Check out http://www.ffxiah.com and choose which one you'd like to play on...
    and just because Remora has the best Economy doesn't mean it's the best one to go to.
    Shiva was number 1 two days ago, and now it's #4.
    I say head to allakhazam and check out the server forums.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

Originally posted by Neptus

I play on Pandemonium, it's pretty much the same balance of people throughout all the servers really.
    I hear Kujaja has the most people if you're looking for a high populated server.
    Check out http://www.ffxiah.com and choose which one you'd like to play on...

and just because Remora has the best Economy doesn't mean it's the best one to go to.

Shiva was number 1 two days ago, and now it's #4.

I say head to allakhazam and check out the server forums.

Cool!

What's your character's name on Pandy?

<--- Shanree (Mithra)