Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LIfe time subs

hgavin9hgavin9 Member UncommonPosts: 5

Hi all

I'm a former Eve player and am constantly considering whether to pick up my old character.  I must admit i do miss the complexities of the game. 

I'm just Curious to know if CCP have or may eventually have any plans to create a life time subscription as codemasters have done with LOTRO.

IF this option was available i think i would most definately purchase it  Rather than paying subs on a monthly basis.

Cheers

Comments

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Lifetime not at the moment, Yearly is the best you can do.

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733

The reason you get lifetime subs in LOTRO is largly because of the very real chance that it will die out.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by JADEDRAG0N

The reason you get lifetime subs in LOTRO is largly because of the very real chance that it will die out.

1) Only way to get a lifetime sub in LOTRO is if you were a FOUNDER (Pre-Order).  You can't get one anymore the pre-order program is over.

2) LOTRO is showing no signs of dying out.  They are actually talking about opening more servers.  Not a sign of a dying game.

Just FYI

And no, you can't get a lifetime sub for EVE.  Annual sub works out to $10/month equivalent though ($120 for 1year sub).

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• frijolesfrijoles Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Taram

1) Only way to get a lifetime sub in LOTRO is if you were a FOUNDER (Pre-Order).  You can't get one anymore the pre-order program is over. 

Actually, you can. It's $300 now instead of the $200 for founders. I just signed up last week and it was an option.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

EVE is a game that lives and thirives on the subs. Actually EVE has longer player retention than most of MMOs - giving lifetime sub would be either stupid move on their part, or they would charge it very expensively....

And as for LOTRO , it may not be your cup of tea, but it is not dying out -in fact it is one of most sucessful mmos in last two years , and i am sure actually makes more money than EvE (at this moment)

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by frijoles

Originally posted by Taram

Actually, you can. It's $300 now instead of the $200 for founders. I just signed up last week and it was an option.

AHH that I didn't know...

$300 is sick expensive though... hope whoever pays that is intending to play for at least 2.5 years to get their money out of the game.  I chose the $9.95 option when I got my founder price.  I'm still playing as well.  It's my 'fantasy fix' MMORPG and does a great job at that :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• frijolesfrijoles Member Posts: 26

I stop and start my EVE subscription all the time, so something like a lifetime would tempt me. Mainly it'd be nice to let my skills just advance even when I'm not interested in playing. I ran one of the skill programs last week to see how long it would take to get just two groups of skills to 5 and it said it would take 604 days. That's not even counting skills I don't own yet, or skills I won't use (like capital ship stuff). That's hella long.

I doubt I'd ever do that, though, since I'd still suck after that much time. :)

• solesole Member Posts: 78

Well CCP wont implent that in near future or any future what I seen or hear.

Options you got is:

Subs Options EVE Online:

3 month

6 month

12 month