Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your fav pre-NGE weapon?

2»

Comments

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383
    Originally posted by Dracis

Originally posted by Caswell

Fire spider venom enhanced mind poisons.  The amount of whining they generated in tells was hilarious.  My response: "bring a doctor".
    Remember, doctors couldn't heal mind. Only Combat Medics could do that.

As to my favorite weapon, my scythe, of course. I loved being a Master Swordsman/Master Doc. I used to spin Mokk lairs and made millions just by doing that.

It's unfortunate that more people didn't take advantage of looted damage stim packs that did heal mind. I used to loot tons of them from Dantooine and put them on a vendor. Some of them were actually quite powerful too.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Nightsister Energy Lance.  That was a sexy wep.  My LVA was more effective though.  Post-CU would be the Kashyyyk Bladestick.

I had every polearm in the game.  Even the ones you couldnt equip

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=portfolio&portfolio_id=6535

• WortexMieVaWortexMieVa Member Posts: 9

Krayt Rifle (cant remember exact spelling, but its the one where you need components from those big dragonish beasts).

Did wonders for me as a RM/CM .......damn i loved those good 'ol days when SWG was at its prime.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Personally?

My Expceptional DXR6 Rifle, with a 33% slice... I'd pup it up and go Jedi hunt'in 

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• LLCoolJDLLCoolJD Member Posts: 27

To be honest, I've forgotten the names of any of the non-CDEF pistols.  I had a pretty sweet Master Pistoleer/Smuggler hybrid, though, so whatever it was that he would've used.  I seem to recall switching out between two different pistols depending on who I faced...

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

republic blaster

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• OspekOspek Member Posts: 11

For all around effectiveness and style:

1. FWG5 - favorite pistol for looks and near the top in damage.  Heat resistance was scarce in the wild.

2. Laser Carbine - decent damage and range modifiers, AP1, looked cool too.

3. Vibro Knuckler - that sweet entertainer might at any time whip one out and smack you in the jaw for getting too fresh.  Hawt.

For looks only:

1. 2-H Cleaver - Used to have my chef  run around with one

2. Elite Carbine, stocked and scoped - coolest looking carbine, but hard to craft well

3. EE3, stocked and scoped - the pre-Mando way to be a Boba Fett wannabe

• xPaladinxPaladin Member UncommonPosts: 741

I was a big fan of the DX2 pistol. The range might've sucked on them, but if they were well crafted and sliced they could get up to 40ish meters and a bit better damage (thanks to AP1+acid damage) than the FWG5s.

-- xpaladin

[MMOz]
    AC1/2, AO, DAoC, EQ1/2, SoR, SWG, UO, WAR, WoW

• GindaccaGindacca Member Posts: 55

Recently...my posts are not being posted.  Hmm...

Anyway!  As a TKM, I loved my Katarn Knuckler.  I was also a Master Swordsman and carried a decent Power Hammer.  I loved turning on my Center of Being macro and going to work with that hammer.  I was a decent tank for grind groups...and could then TK meditate to recover from all negative stats after a battle.  I could never afford to by a Scythe Blade, but I never really found them to be that much better than Hammers.

I tried BH long long ago (pre-CU) for just a few weeks before focusing on melee.  I had a cool Scatter Pistol (?) and Electric something-or-other.  They made cool sounds.

Then before the NGE, I became a Jedi and created a decent lightsaber.  I used the curved hide-wrapped hilt.  Thought it was very fitting for a Wookiee, as it had an organic shape and used the natural hide.  (used photoshop to insert a custom story for my saber)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/6/setView/screens/display/11447

**Returned SWG player**
    IGN: Gindacca, RACE: Wookiee
    OLD GUILD: [cCc] (aka: BOC)
    NEW GUILD: -SAS-
    PROF: Light Jedi (elder)
    (pre-NGE PROF: TKM/Master Swordsman)
    SERVER: Chimaera (Euro)

• crlumpkincrlumpkin Member Posts: 52

Pre CU nothing rocked more than my combo of:

Krayt Jawa Ion Rifle:  Headshot anyone

Scythe Blade:  Headshot anyone

Zabrak Life Enchance Ability:  Restore all bars anyone

Run away, Im a rifleman, Run up to me Im a swordsman, get a little low on life, Zabrak heal.  Oh I killed so many people this way.  They couldnt get away, LOL.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

When I wasn't weilding my lightsaber pre cu I was using my scythe, I went through so many of them just grinding away on nightsisters and rancors. I also loved my executioner's hack, it was just cool looking (but wasn't as good as my scythe)

• pluzoidpluzoid Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by Chessack

My favorite pre-CUNGE weapon was... my fists. (TKA).
    C

I agree!! first proffesion I mastered! and it was awesome.

Wish i would of tried BH and commando before it all changed.

Also loved the power hammer, as i never had a synche, i was too poor 

And a decent nightsister lance with a nasty disease dot rocked too!

• littzainlittzain Member Posts: 30

My favorite weapon towards the end of my SWG career - Scatter Pistol

Beginning to middle - Laser Rifle

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

This topic brings a tear to my eye.

Skill based weapon certs were the $h!t!

Coming from console gaming, I was used to the strategy of 'go out and buy the baddest weapon you can afford', so I did delivery run after delivery run so I could afford a Launcher Pistol. The beauty of it all is a noob could equip a fricken Launcher Pistol and go hunting durnis with it. I remember blasting away at those fricken durnis with my launcher, not doing any damage AT ALL to those stupid things. A more advanced player walks up to me and politely asks 'I see you're obviously not certed for that thing'... I say 'What do you mean certed?'. Then he says 'Equip your Cdef, then shoot the Durnis and see what happens'.  My mind was blown. While I was disapointed that I couldn't be super strong right out of the box, a greater part of me appreciated the limitations imposed on me, and gave me something to strive for.

I remember the day I became certed for that damned Launcher Pistol... those durnis nearly became extinct.

• ThasriThasri Member UncommonPosts: 90

Skywalker Special 2.1 Light-saber, had 4 kryat pearls in it. hehe

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

My favorite preNGE weapon?

My gurreck and my LLC.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Suvroc

Actually, the rocket launcher and heavy laser cannon had pretty cool animations too.

Among my very favorite animations they were.

One of the many things taken away from us by the NGE that will never come back.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

loved the Xris Acid Sword and the Vibro Knucklers

• GindaccaGindacca Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Thasri

Skywalker Special 2.1 Light-saber, had 4 kryat pearls in it. hehe

Which hilt are you talking about?  Have any screenies of it?

Anakin Skywalker's original hilt is in the game....that hilt became Luke Skywalker's first, of course.  Luke later made his own hilt modeled after Obi-Wan's last hilt.

**Returned SWG player**
    IGN: Gindacca, RACE: Wookiee
    OLD GUILD: [cCc] (aka: BOC)
    NEW GUILD: -SAS-
    PROF: Light Jedi (elder)
    (pre-NGE PROF: TKM/Master Swordsman)
    SERVER: Chimaera (Euro)

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

vk knuckler

• AnobacaAnobaca Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Suvroc

Actually, the rocket launcher and heavy laser cannon had pretty cool animations too.

Ahh I remeber the first time I fired the rocket launcher while fighting a at-st. I clicked on it to fire then screen frooze up and I crashed lol.

I would say when I first started I loved useing the FWG5 pistol(I think that is what it was called). I also liked all the heavy weapons and the orginal flamethrower. Can not forget that rocket pistol I use to kill meatlimps with it just for kicks. Even though I was only a Master pikeman for 1 week I enjoyed the pike or was it called a lance I can not remeber. Was long and black with a point on top and blunt ball like thing on bottom. I think I had to many favorite..oh can not forget the lighting gun from BH that was a fun one to use. I went from BH to heavey weapons in commando thanks to it.

I guess I coudl try and narrow it,

1. FWG5

2. Heavy Weapons

3. Flamethrower

4. T21 rifle

5. Rocket Pistol 

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

My Krayt-filled FWG5. Pre-nerf. It broke in a repair tragically, and its replacement didn't come close to the same damage output.. 100DPS less.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409

Mindfire Lance and damn i cant remember what it's called, but you had to get the schem and parts for the rifle from the Corvette.

• BytoByto Member UncommonPosts: 42

swordsman with a skyte in his hand :)

• LothmoeLothmoe Member Posts: 1
    I was a BH and a commando.... oh how i miss my flamegun