Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game click ot move?

RivanwarderRivanwarder Member Posts: 8

Just wondering before i buy as i cant stand clicking to move :D

Comments

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Rivanwarder

Both mouse clicking and WASD can be used.
  • ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581

Don't worry, you can keymap your controls anyway you wish. You can completely disable click to move so you don't have to worry about clicking on the screen accidently moving you.  You can also click to move if you like that better. Guild Wars is a very solid game. Very well done. It's been my backup MMO since it released.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by Rivanwarder

I hear you...I can't really stand it either.

I use the arrow keys to move personally...and the I basically use my thumb to attack or find closest target, ring finger to tab through monsters and middle and pointer to activate skills.

As others mentioned though, map it how you want.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• brownspankbrownspank Member Posts: 247

There are times when click-to-move is a good choice of control, since pathfinding (finding the shortest distance between where you stand and where you wanna go, and taking you there automatically) works well on GW:

- When you need to hug the wall around a curve to avoid aggroing some mobs.
    - When you want to type a message while moving along.

I mainly use WASD to:

- Avoid body blocks.
    - Walk the edges of the walkable areas for cartography purposes.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by brownspank

There are times when click-to-move is a good choice of control, since pathfinding (finding the shortest distance between where you stand and where you wanna go, and taking you there automatically) works well on GW:
    - When you need to hug the wall around a curve to avoid aggroing some mobs.

- When you want to type a message while moving along.
    I mainly use WASD to:
    - Avoid body blocks.

- Walk the edges of the walkable areas for cartography purposes.

Do you have all of the cartography titles yet?

I have a 100% Elona, 90% Tyria and 86% Cantha.

I loved the fact that Elona's edges were basically smooth and I could hit "R" and basically run/walk the edge while using the arrow keys.  Tyria is much more troublesome in that regards, keep running up a face and get stuck then have to turn around.

Good Luck

edit: spelling

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• Ravens0ulRavens0ul Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Go to the Great Northen Wall(Tyria) mission and when the charr come, instead of running fight them and go to where they come.

1. You will go to The End of the World.
    2. If you have 100% Tyria, you will go over 100%.
    3. You will see the purple sea!

• brownspankbrownspank Member Posts: 247

Originally posted by Ravens0ul
    Go to the Great Northen Wall(Tyria) mission and when the charr come, instead of running fight them and go to where they come.1. You will go to The End of the World.
    2. If you have 100% Tyria, you will go over 100%.
    3. You will see the purple sea!

Huh, that's actually a neat idea! But I doubt the "purple sea" is still there, since the map update to GWEN has already been implemented. Nonetheless, a great help to cartographers!