Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only pvp at endgame ???

I copy and pasted this comment made from somone on the hype meter comment list

''I was looking forward to AoC. But the PvE until endgame turned me off. I want PvP right away please thank you.''

Is this true?? i have been following this game for some time now and ive never seen anything about only pve till endgame.

Im not saying this is a reliable sorce and i dont know where they got this injformation from im just quoting what they said

Thanks

Comments

• RadiationStormRadiationStorm Member Posts: 120

To my knowledge that isn't correct. Afaik there will be PvE servers with a sort of 'battleground' revolving around the Border Kingdom. But there will also be RP-PvP servers with ffa PvP. At least that what's I've heard and come to expect.

• DefiledFDefiledF Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by sposocke

To my knowledge that isn't correct. Afaik there will be PvE servers with a sort of 'battleground' revolving around the Border Kingdom. But there will also be RP-PvP servers with ffa PvP. At least that what's I've heard and come to expect.
    Correct, dev confirmed. Although the 'battleground' will really be a FFA area or similiar.

Also, don't use these forums to try and get proper info on a game, they're awful.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Borderkingdoms are LARGE zone where guilds can build/conquer/defend keeps that gives them some sort of bonuses.

and there is PvE Raiding as endgame too but you're not forced to participate.

and yes, there will be FFA servers where you can pvp from lvl1.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

A.) One can dive into PvP almost immediately. In fact the only barrier is the need to get to level 20 and get off of the noob isle.

B.) The endgame revolves around player city sieges. This includes both PvE and PvP battles. In fact, PvP siege cities are limited in number while PvE ones are not.

C.) The quoted person is likely unaware of the fact that PvE levels and PvP levels are seperate, and thinks that one needs to reach PvE level 80 before being an effective force in the massive siege battles. This is simply not true.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

I have a strong believe that this game won't rely as heavily on level as much as player skill.   Hopefully we'll be able to get into the fray quicker. 

• oblivionateoblivionate Member Posts: 224

As already stated, the FFA servers will allow you to PVP very early. The game's strong points seem to be built around the exciting PVP system - siege PVP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently Waiting For: Nothing, found my addiction for awhile

Currently Playing: Warhammer Online - Oblivion, Warrior Priest, Averheim; Team Fortress 2

• anubisssanubisss Member Posts: 325

Originally posted by dominit

''I was looking forward to AoC. But the PvE until endgame turned me off. I want PvP right away please thank you.''
    Is this true?? i have been following this game for some time now and ive never seen anything about only pve till endgame.
    Im not saying this is a reliable sorce and i dont know where they got this injformation from im just quoting what they said
    Thanks

People here will try to convince you that AOC is a PVP game and its just not true.PVP- BK is a GVG zone with nothing really to gain other than bragging rights and taking another guild fort.

AOC is a PVE game with Optional PVP-GVG gaming or you can go to a FFA server from the start.There is nothing to gain from PVP-GVG in this game,i mean your PVP actions don't effect the main game in any way shape or form.

If  you are not in the BK you will be PVE with the rest of the crowd.Unlike another game i wont mention AOC was not made with PVP-RVR as its main concept no matter how many people try to make out it was.

I am sure it will be a good game but how many Guild forts can you take without getting bored of the same monotinous thing.There are no realm points and nothing that rewards you for defending your realm.Epic battles in AOC will be GVG,Epic battle in that other game will be 200v200+ trying to stop there whole realm being taken over.

I cant see why anyone with serious PVP on their mind  see AOC which is primarily an PVE game as there PVP saviour.

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765

Originally posted by anubisss

People here will try to convince you that AOC is a PVP game and its just not true.PVP- BK is a GVG zone with nothing really to gain other than bragging rights and taking another guild fort.
     You gain resources (as in income) for taking keeps. It is a perfect PvP mechanic, since it is dynamic and non-scripted. It is a great opportunity for the manifestation of player relations. Alliances, conflicts ... the works. A good power-meter as well.

AOC is a PVE game with Optional PVP-GVG gaming or you can go to a FFA server from the start.There is nothing to gain from PVP-GVG in this game,i mean your PVP actions don't effect the main game in any way shape or form.
    Your actions DO shape the game world. Everything in the BK is prone to change, and guilds make that happen. yes, PvP is optional, and it should be optional, I mean, I hate being ganked while I'm killing mobs with my mates, the only good PvP is by choice PvP. If you don't want to be flagged, stay outside BK. The choice is what matters, and that's what AoC gives.
    If  you are not in the BK you will be PVE with the rest of the crowd.Unlike another game i wont mention AOC was not made with PVP-RVR as its main concept no matter how many people try to make out it was.
    Pure lies.
    I am sure it will be a good game but how many Guild forts can you take without getting bored of the same monotinous thing.There are no realm points and nothing that rewards you for defending your realm.Epic battles in AOC will be GVG,Epic battle in that other game will be 200v200+ trying to stop there whole realm being taken over.
    Epic battles here are not limited, as the devs confirmed. There is no upper limit on how many people may take place in it. Also it's not purely GvG, outsiders will be able to join sides in a war one way or another.
    I cant see why anyone with serious PVP on their mind  see AOC which is primarily an PVE game as there PVP saviour.
    Right, serious PvP. Let's get back to the very first PvP root, shall we? UO. Coin loot and item loot. Blood money looting is confirmed, and they are working on implementing some sort of item loot, as confirmed by devs. Item loot can swing either way at the moment, but money loot is in.

Not only is there 3 types of pvp : drunken brawling, arenas, world pvp(BK), but you mustn't be a top PvE player to be able to be a first line PvP-er. Separate PvP levels (with feats and the works) are in place, so a lowbie good pvp-er can beat a high level raider no problems. Also there are separate equipment modifiers for PvE and PvP situations. Yes, you got it, having raided 500 hours means close to nothing, cause all you got was PvE gear there, and the PvP gear is gained/crafted differently.

So like I said, PvP is a separate universe within Conan, one that is clearly given a lot of thought and finesse. This is a PvP game, among others.

And about you, anubiss, well, you act like you don't know too much about AoC. However, those who don't know ask things, don't make strong statements like you do, so that leaves me with one option. You are here to bash the reputation of AoC as a PvP game, and advertise that "other" game.

• RadiationStormRadiationStorm Member Posts: 120

I'm not trying to convince him of anything, merely telling him what I've heard and come to expect myself. As for taking an influence on him, you seem to be going a long way in that regard yourself. He didn't ask about the relevance of BK battleground warfare, he asked about the pvp and this question you pretty much avoided in your reply. I haven't quite understood the BK system myself and believe it will be somewhat similar to Arathi in WoW just on a broader scale (I'm a world pvp type, so not really my thing), but as for pvp itself that should be available right from the onset via ffa (RP-?)PvP servers. Yes, it's not faction/RvR based, but even if it evolves via gameplay into GvG or mere random combat, it's still pvp and that's what he asked about. Personally I think they will have some 'reason' implemented to kill other players (bloodmoney?) but naturally I'd like more info on that myself. All the same, claiming there is no pvp apart from the BKs is simply not correct.

Thanks

You gain resources from holding a battlekeep...resources that are very much essential for guilds. Some say Battlekeeps will give a buff for guild holding it as well.

Why must you lie so much? ..see to my last answer.

That other game you wont mention doesnt have completely dynamic battle keeps and 20 levels that you can only gain by pvping and large number of PvP feats.

There is blood money, blood money will be essential for PvP gear (What will be only accuired by either crafting from materials aquired through pvp or by buying them with blood money, notice raiders wont always overpower you like in that other game you wont mention)

I wouldnt praise game where you autoattack and press nine buttons over and over and over against game with completely dynamic combat system.

I'm not trying to convince him of anything, merely telling him what I've heard and come to expect myself. As for taking an influence on him, you seem to be going a long way in that regard yourself. He didn't ask about the relevance of BK battleground warfare, he asked about the pvp and this question you pretty much avoided in your reply. I haven't quite understood the BK system myself and believe it will be somewhat similar to Arathi in WoW just on a broader scale (I'm a world pvp type, so not really my thing), but as for pvp itself that should be available right from the onset via ffa (RP-?)PvP servers. Yes, it's not faction/RvR based, but even if it evolves via gameplay into GvG or mere random combat, it's still pvp and that's what he asked about. Personally I think they will have some 'reason' implemented to kill other players (bloodmoney?) but naturally I'd like more info on that myself. All the same, claiming there is no pvp apart from the BKs is simply not correct.
    I do not know what arathi is in WoW, nor do I really want to, however if it's a simple battleground, then it is as far as can get from the Border Kingdoms.

BK is a HUGE area filled with PvP specific resources. People can control certain parts of it by building and defending a keep! Keeps bring in resources that are essential to crafting siege weapons, upgrading the keep, and probably raw craft material. Guilds will want to have keeps for the power it means. There is a limited ammount of resources in the BK though, so by taking other's keeps, you practiacally gain their resource income. This is not a scripted battleground, there is no stupid predetermined faction war, there is only you, your guild and your diplomatic relations with others. Relations that you forge or destroy, enemies which you chose, and alliances that fit you well. It is all your choice, all your policy. It's pure open ended PvP.

That is high scale PvP. Also in the BK there is ffa pvp. Group up, gank, kill gankers, or just slash away at everyone you see. And of course loot their cold dead bodies to become stronger and richer!

AoC is about choice! There are no factions, thus no silly faction grind. Nothing is predetermined, PvP is what you make of it. If you chose to PvE you get stronger in a PvE sense, if you put time in PvP you get stronger versus real opponents. The game gives you rewards specific to the choices you made. It's not like in that "other game" where you grind mobs all day to get sword of ubereness, that can slaughter in PvP, no, if you PvE a lot, you will only get stronger in a PvE sense.

All in all, AoC is a very nice PvP concept, I would like to see how it fares in practice. One thing is for sure though, anyone who looks in to AoC info knows this. Those who don't, ask! Those who come here claiming they know it all, and speak lies, are here for a reason. Yes, Anubisss, this is you. I didn't look through your post history, but I would bet my house, if I did, I'd find you to be a huge WAR fanatic.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Sorry for being a bit off topic.. does any one have a map of the Border Kingdoms?

Originally posted by random11

You gain resources (as in income) for taking keeps. It is a perfect PvP mechanic, since it is dynamic and non-scripted. It is a great opportunity for the manifestation of player relations. Alliances, conflicts ... the works. A good power-meter as well.

Your actions DO shape the game world. Everything in the BK is prone to change, and guilds make that happen. yes, PvP is optional, and it should be optional, I mean, I hate being ganked while I'm killing mobs with my mates, the only good PvP is by choice PvP. If you don't want to be flagged, stay outside BK. The choice is what matters, and that's what AoC gives.
    Pure lies.
    Epic battles here are not limited, as the devs confirmed. There is no upper limit on how many people may take place in it. Also it's not purely GvG, outsiders will be able to join sides in a war one way or another.
    Right, serious PvP. Let's get back to the very first PvP root, shall we? UO. Coin loot and item loot. Blood money looting is confirmed, and they are working on implementing some sort of item loot, as confirmed by devs. Item loot can swing either way at the moment, but money loot is in.

Not only is there 3 types of pvp : drunken brawling, arenas, world pvp(BK), but you mustn't be a top PvE player to be able to be a first line PvP-er. Separate PvP levels (with feats and the works) are in place, so a lowbie good pvp-er can beat a high level raider no problems. Also there are separate equipment modifiers for PvE and PvP situations. Yes, you got it, having raided 500 hours means close to nothing, cause all you got was PvE gear there, and the PvP gear is gained/crafted differently.

So like I said, PvP is a separate universe within Conan, one that is clearly given a lot of thought and finesse. This is a PvP game, among others.

And about you, anubiss, well, you act like you don't know too much about AoC. However, those who don't know ask things, don't make strong statements like you do, so that leaves me with one option. You are here to bash the reputation of AoC as a PvP game, and advertise that "other" game.

Hmm.. i would like to see the evidence on what you are saying? Everything you speak off has not been seen in this game even though its 3 MONTHS from going gold.

Show me in a vid all this PVP action you claim AOC has.You seem pretty sure of the things you are claiming so PLEASE SHOW ME SOME GAME PLAY VIDS WITH EVERYTHING YOU DISCRIBE.

I will hang here while you find the in-game  PVP VIDS  to prove everything you are saying.

Hmm.. i would like to see the evidence on what you are saying? Everything you speak off has not been seen in this game even though its 3 MONTHS from going gold.

Show me in a vid all this PVP action you claim AOC has.You seem pretty sure of the things you are claiming so PLEASE SHOW ME SOME GAME PLAY VIDS WITH EVERYTHING YOU DISCRIBE.
    I will hang here while you find the in-game  PVP VIDS  to prove everything you are saying.
    Everything I have said has been confirmed by developers. You can find it on the official forums. As for the videos about it, you have to wait until august 23. to find out, namely at the Leipzig Game Convention. It will be shown there first.

I don't need gameplay vids right now, I have the word of a reknown and trustworthy developer. They have a different marketing strategy than WAR, they are not so transparent, but this is just a different way of building up hype.

And as for you, Anubisss: you claimed AoC was a PvE game mainly, and called it's PvP part neglectable, you backed them up with no proof whatsoever, I brought dev confirmation to the table. Your behavior is clearly one of a typical WAR fan, that in itself is not a bad thing, so long as you make valid points, but since you don't, please read more before you post.

I do not know what arathi is in WoW, nor do I really want to, however if it's a simple battleground, then it is as far as can get from the Border Kingdoms.

BK is a HUGE area filled with PvP specific resources. People can control certain parts of it by building and defending a keep! Keeps bring in resources that are essential to crafting siege weapons, upgrading the keep, and probably raw craft material. Guilds will want to have keeps for the power it means. There is a limited ammount of resources in the BK though, so by taking other's keeps, you practiacally gain their resource income. This is not a scripted battleground, there is no stupid predetermined faction war, there is only you, your guild and your diplomatic relations with others. Relations that you forge or destroy, enemies which you chose, and alliances that fit you well. It is all your choice, all your policy. It's pure open ended PvP.

That is high scale PvP. Also in the BK there is ffa pvp. Group up, gank, kill gankers, or just slash away at everyone you see. And of course loot their cold dead bodies to become stronger and richer!

AoC is about choice! There are no factions, thus no silly faction grind. Nothing is predetermined, PvP is what you make of it. If you chose to PvE you get stronger in a PvE sense, if you put time in PvP you get stronger versus real opponents. The game gives you rewards specific to the choices you made. It's not like in that "other game" where you grind mobs all day to get sword of ubereness, that can slaughter in PvP, no, if you PvE a lot, you will only get stronger in a PvE sense.

All in all, AoC is a very nice PvP concept, I would like to see how it fares in practice. One thing is for sure though, anyone who looks in to AoC info knows this. Those who don't, ask! Those who come here claiming they know it all, and speak lies, are here for a reason. Yes, Anubisss, this is you. I didn't look through your post history, but I would bet my house, if I did, I'd find you to be a huge WAR fanatic.

I am still waiting for these in-game GVG-PVP BK footage.You do have these vids don't you?surly with 3 months to go there must be tons of vids backing up everything you have said about the game.

Prove me a liar by showing me all that you claim AOC to have please.I wait in anticipation for these VIDs showing everything you claim.Dont show me a VID of the dev spouting the same stuff you are talking about...SHOW ME THE FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM PLESE.

Everything I have said has been confirmed by developers. You can find it on the official forums. As for the videos about it, you have to wait until august 23. to find out, namely at the Leipzig Game Convention. It will be shown there first.

I don't need gameplay vids right now, I have the word of a reknown and trustworthy developer. They have a different marketing strategy than WAR, they are not so transparent, but this is just a different way of building up hype.

And as for you, Anubisss: you claimed AoC was a PvE game mainly, and called it's PvP part neglectable, you backed them up with no proof whatsoever, I brought dev confirmation to the table. Your behavior is clearly one of a typical WAR fan, that in itself is not a bad thing, so long as you make valid points, but since you don't, please read more before you post.

Hmm the word of the developer lol.You are certainly easy to please and if people like you are going to PAY for a game on the words of  the devs WITHOUT any visual proof  whatsoever then perhaps i should make a mmorpg myself.

How hard can it be to say all these things but  SHOW no proof of what i am claiming.Think i might anounce a Wheel Of Time mmorpg and keep you guessing until you have payed your money.

Again SHOW ME THE VIDS.....

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

The problem is that a dev's confirmations means zilch with only 3 months left until release.  That's when you are watching the game take it's final form, not getting information about PvP for the first time.

If you want proof as to this game being a PvE game, look through the (perhaps hundreds) of videos.  What do you see in every single one of these videos? PvE.  Nothing but PvE.  Even the short vid a loooong time ago of a player city being attacked by NPCs was PvE, and it didn't even show the attack, just the buildup to the attack and a trebuchet firing a few times.

What did we get showcased just recently?  A 24-man raid dungeon.  For a game that's as based on PvP as you say, they sure are showcasing the PvE aspects of the game instead of the PvP.

I guess we'll have to wait until Leipzig and see just how much PvP they're going to show us.  According to them there's going to be tons shown.  Hopefully we'll actually get to see the blood money system in action, formations in action, and sieges in action.

If they show us that, THEN we can say our opinions about how good or bad the PvP is, until then from what they've shown us so far, this game is 90% PvE.  When they show us those PvP vids we can hopefully change that number.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

I am still waiting for these in-game GVG-PVP BK footage.You do have these vids don't you?surly with 3 months to go there must be tons of vids backing up everything you have said about the game.

Prove me a liar by showing me all that you claim AOC to have please.I wait in anticipation for these VIDs showing everything you claim.Dont show me a VID of the dev spouting the same stuff you are talking about...SHOW ME THE FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM PLESE.
    Read my post above. Funcom is a respectable company, and what they have told thus far about AoC turned out to be true.

It is obvious, that by your rules I cannot win this argument at this time (because your rules suck). However I will be here october the 30th, and the whole november, and I shall be waiting for your post, where you admit you were a mindless troll... if you have the courage to do it. I dare you!

So by your rules, by what you just said, if VIDs surface backing what I said here today, then it is proven you are a liar! Your rules, what you said. And if you are anything close to a fair man, you will be here posting you were wrong, before I will. And thus, time shall prove one of us right, another a filthy liar.

Having shown the PvE side of the game extensively is in no logical relation to the PvP side's existence (for the logically challenged, this means PvP could exist, or it could not). If you don't agree to that, I have nothing to talk about with you.

But the devs said it existed, and painted their clear idea of how it works, so favor tilts towards the existence of the PvP side.

Think of it this way:

I take a camera, and make a vid about your arse. I post only that vid about you on the internet. Does that mean you have no face at all? Does that mean your are nothing but an arse-hole, cause no vids of your face surfaced? Well, apply your rule now!

Read my post above. Funcom is a respectable company, and what they have told thus far about AoC turned out to be true.

It is obvious, that by your rules I cannot win this argument at this time (because your rules suck). However I will be here october the 30th, and the whole november, and I shall be waiting for your post, where you admit you were a mindless troll... if you have the courage to do it. I dare you!

So by your rules, by what you just said, if VIDs surface backing what I said here today, then it is proven you are a liar! Your rules, what you said. And if you are anything close to a fair man, you will be here posting you were wrong, before I will. And thus, time shall prove one of us right, another a filthy liar.

Prove me wrong with in-game footage of all the things you claim and i will gladly post here how wrong i was .So now is your chance to prove i am a TROLL or  have VALID points about a game that is going GOLD in 3 months but  has  shown nothing of  what they are claiming.

Why must you wait till november lol. After all these years of development  are you saying that you cant  find what i am asking for.

• vizaviza Member Posts: 204

Thanks
    The first stage of the game will be played locally on your computer. This is where you get your first levels and get to know the game. At a certain point you connect to the server and join the world. That's when the PvP is open and can start. This happens pretty early in the character development. It's definitely _not_ PvE until the end game.

I think the info you got was incorrect in a subtle way. You'll be able to tavern brawl and join a faction for pvp as soon as you exit the solo player stage of the game, based on what I've read. All indications are the game can be very focused on PvP for most of the character's life cycle if that's what you like.

You should go to the age of conan site and read about the game. It's all there. Here's a link to the PvP faq.

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?session=clbtj3b0qg40to11mi7lh6ezl5t8bt&func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=1331&sort=PRIORITY&table=CONTENT

Prove me wrong with in-game footage of all the things you claim and i will gladly post here how wrong i was .So now is your chance to prove i am a TROLL or  have VALID points about a game that is going GOLD in 3 months but  has  shown nothing of  what they are claiming.

Why must you wait till november lol. After all these years of development  are you saying that you cant  find what i am asking for.

Be ready to post how wrong you were 28th of August when they have LIVE PvP raid event in German game convention in Leipzig.

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419

Thanks

Noone can talk about "endgame", because the game, isnt released... you, me, noone (even the designers) know what, at last, will be, in end, the game because it will be defined by its comunity of players, they will update/modify/adapt the game to what people that reaches "endgame" wants.

Think is a lost of time talking about "endgame" of a game that isnt released

I shall not repeat myself, it is beneath me. However, Anubisss, I shall state one thing. This conversation is over, because I am able to patiently wait, before I make up my mind (and no, it won't cost me any money), and because I am not a troll. Both qualities are opposing yours'.

I won't die before I am proven right, I shall live to see august the 28th, and then, my friend, you will most probably disappear, for a troll lacks courage and sportsmanship.

I shall not repeat myself, it is beneath me. However, Anubisss, I shall state one thing. This conversation is over, because I am able to patiently wait, before I make up my mind (and no, it won't cost me any money), and because I am not a troll. Both qualities are opposing yours'.

I won't die before I am proven right, I shall live to see august the 28th, and then, my friend, you will most probably disappear, for a troll lacks courage and sportsmanship.

I can tell  you that IF i am wrong i will be here to take it in the back.So you have not seen this stuff  you claim or have you? I tell you why  this conversation is over for you because you SAID all that stuff on the strength of a DEV word.

You cant prove anything and like you said the conversation is over.Next time you decide to accused me of  lieing come with the FACTS that prove me to be a troll.

Oh just to let you no.....

WAR IS COMING.......Real RVR-PVP

Ghost Squad