Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Since they are cancelling it anyway...

ParapsychoParapsycho Member UncommonPosts: 108

Why not open it up for free play until the end of August?

On the one hand, enough people might take a look at it to show that it's viable as a FtP game to make NCsoft consider that an option.

On the other hand, since it's marked for termination, some people arent going to want to play it.

Edit:This is probably not going to happen since neither NCsoft nor NetDevil will be able to run the game in it's current incarnation. Since NCsoft owns the intellectual rights, ND cant do it. Since ND owns the client/server code, NCsoft cant do it.

----------------------------
Currently Playing:
DarkWind: War on Wheels

Games Played/Beta Tested

Matrix Online
Auto Assault
Anarchy Online
Everquest 1 & 2
EVE
DarkWind: War on Wheels

Comments

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

You can't even reactivate your account now either.

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

im sure it will pop up else where...

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

I hear Hell is in need of an mmorpg.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Originally posted by Bhazir

Hmmm really? I have an unused copy that I've been planning on activating on Aug 1st, I wonder if I'll even be able to now.

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

Hmmm really? I have an unused copy that I've been planning on activating on Aug 1st, I wonder if I'll even be able to now.

Not on 8/1 you won't, but if you activate it before 7/31 you will be fine.  The announcement from the game's producer went up today or yesterday on their forums (I only read it a few hours ago).

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Originally posted by Snipehunter

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

Not on 8/1 you won't, but if you activate it before 7/31 you will be fine.  The announcement from the game's producer went up today or yesterday on their forums (I only read it a few hours ago).

Well, a day early certainly doesn't hurt. I just want to make sure I get to go down with the ship.

• SkrankenSkranken Member UncommonPosts: 100

Doh, I just purchased the Collectors edition from play.com

Ohh well, I got a keyring, cardholder, bumpersticker and some post cards :p

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Skranken

Doh, I just purchased the Collectors edition from play.com

Ohh well, I got a keyring, cardholder, bumpersticker and some post cards :p

If they haven't sent it yet, just cancel the order and explain why. They should refund you. If not, tell the credit card company you bought the game without realizing it was being shut down.

• bufmufrbufmufr Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Parapsycho

Why not open it up for free play until the end of August?
    On the one hand, enough people might take a look at it to show that it's viable as a FtP game to make NCsoft consider that an option.

On the other hand, since it's marked for termination, some people arent going to want to play it.
    Edit:This is probably not going to happen since neither NCsoft nor NetDevil will be able to run the game in it's current incarnation. Since NCsoft owns the intellectual rights, ND cant do it. Since ND owns the client/server code, NCsoft cant do it.
    Reason why not? 

Money.  Plain and simple. 

They don't have it.  They can't afford to spend it. 

If they made everyone free, they would have to deal with petitions to "fix account".  "Can't remember my login name"  blah blah blah.

And yes, any one who has a code, box, whatever can activate it, but not after July 31st.  I would assume that all people who sign up between then and now will have their account stay active until the very end.  (most of us have deadline dates of sept. 30th)

PS one other thing, they are upping the loot drops and lowering the token time for pvp kills.  Means more loot and more tokens. 

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

It is such a shame. I played through its beta and I was a daily poster on its beta boards. When it came out, it just did not make a ripple in the market. If more players took it in, I do believe it would thrive in today's market, since NCscofffff never had the initiative to patch it within its first months

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman