Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My city just banned smoking in public!

Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Hell yeah! The city of Columbus, Ohio just banned smoking in public places! That's great news for the ones dying by other losers hands. I f***ing hate smokers. Ohio is the biggest smoking state in the United States I have heard.

サ ー ス ベ ン

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Next is going to be no smoking in your own home...

I thought The United States was a "free" country...

I hate some laws here... no smoking in bars?  What's the point in going out then?  Have a drink, not a smoke...  I heard there's no "super size" at Mc Donalds either... that's pretty neat. :)

What will he do next?
  • ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Smoking should be outlawed anyway.  Its not a persons right to pollute the air and give other people cancer.  If you want to kill yourself borrow a gun, its cheaper, healthier and much quicker.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

It's not a person's right?

Well, tell that to all the people who drive cars... what about all those people that work with oil companies... etc etc...

If I want to light up a smoke, then let it be.  You didn't see anyone going up to a native American/Canadian and telling them to stop smoking tabacco.

It's just another stupid law in my eyes... sort of like that one city where you can sneeze in public, or spit... WTF is that kind of crap?!

What will he do next?
  • LoD254LoD254 Member Posts: 373
    Djin, by smoking your choosing to kill yourself. Thats perfectly fine with me, until your smoking is killing me too. Because of my family's bad smoking habbits, My lung are crap. I played varsity sports and it always put me on the bench a little sooner than I'd like. My muslces don't tire, my lungs give in.

Sounds neat!  Move out of your house...  Don't be around your folks when they smoke. . .

What will he do next?
    Smoking slowly kill you, but suicide is illegal... Put cigarettes in terms of guns and you find a problem.

I had no choice. They ahd done it since I was born, up until i was an early teenager.

Everything in todays world slowly kills you. Drinking, smoking, watching TV... etc etc.

Even going outside, the air is starting to become garbage...  So might as well go out with a smile on your face then being all uptight.

What will he do next?

If you want nicotene Im sure you can just inject it.  Theres no reason to force others to partake if they dont want to.  Just because you think you have a right to smoke doesnt somehow mean other people dont have a right to breathe the same air.  By your logic I should be able to shoot a gun at people who come near me in public.

You adding to the pollution doesnt help, but I see by your posts you could care less.  Selfish biznatch. image

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

Well yea, I'm all for that stuff. As long as you can manage to not smoke around me indoors, or in heavily populated areas. The smell of smoke almost puts me in a coughing fit

Originally posted by ramadin

If you want nicotene Im sure you can just inject it.  Theres no reason to force others to partake if they dont want to.  Just because you think you have a right to smoke doesnt somehow mean other people dont have a right to breathe the same air.  By your logic I should be able to shoot a gun at people who come near me in public.

People already do that! :)

There's tons of people here in the world.  There's a few things I won't do when I smoke.  I don't smoke around little kids and babies, that's just stupid.  I don't smoke around people who really don't like it... if I'm outside and there's someone who's next to me... move...

I usually only smoke when I drink, and I rarely ever drink... so that's fine with me.

What will he do next?

I meant legally, of course people do that.  But they usually go to prison, so I guess youre inferring that smokers should go to prison also.

I was saying that as a joke...

Some smokers should go to jail... I've seen people become total jerks when they don't have their cigarettes.

What will he do next?
  • TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Here where I live, smoking has been banned in public places for quite a while now. Smokers can step outside into the designated smoking area and get their fix.

As a non-smoker, I find this to be a very enjoyable night out. I know it bothers smokers, but when you are in the minority, you lose...

I don't understand "enjoyable night".

Do you walk down the road and have a million people next to you smoking?  I don't think so.  Do you live in such a small area that 2000 people can change the way the air smells?  I don't think so.

I understand your point, but shit.   I just think it's another right taken away in todays "free" world.

What will he do next?
  • zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by ramadin
    Smoking should be outlawed anyway. Its not a persons right to pollute the air and give other people cancer. If you want to kill yourself borrow a gun, its cheaper, healthier and much quicker.

Well i guess you should stop driving your car then, cars are by far the #1 cause of air pollution.

If I had the money I would buy one of those hybrid cars... they are awesome and have GPS in them. :)

Right now my 1988 Buick Century is a gas sucking hog...  I want my 1991 Ford Festiva back... image

What will he do next?
  • Amd64_FX_53Amd64_FX_53 Member Posts: 421
    I think thats just fucking wrong. America is a free country.Even know i dont smoke and hate smokers thats just taking away ur freedom.But on the other hand u shouldnt be smoking right by people.imageimageimage

intel sucks even with their 3.6

Imperium Acranum rapped me

It's not like I'm going to light up right on top of someone.  If it's at a bus stop or something where people can't get away... I don't smoke.

If I'm on the street, screw the people... they don't have to walk right next to me...

What will he do next?
  • NoraxeNoraxe Member Posts: 190

Tobacco built this country!

Smoking makes me look cool!

Everybody Smokes!

As far as my smoke bothering other people, go find a bubble to live!

These are just a few of the excuses I am currently using to rationalize my nasty vice.

lol image

What will he do next?
  • RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Tobacco built this country!

Smoking makes me look cool!

Everybody Smokes!

As far as my smoke bothering other people, go find a bubble to live!

These are just a few of the excuses I am currently using to rationalize my nasty vice.

My favorite line to use when countering someone's "Secondhand smoke kills, go smoke somewhere else" tirade is:

"If I don't give a damn about my own lungs what makes you think I give a F*&k about yours?"

As a smoker I obviously don't like laws like this. Admittedly I'm an overall polite smoker, I don't smoke in my home or our vehicles, I don't smoke around people who don't smoke and don't like smoke. I do have non-smoker friends who could care less, so naturally I smoke around them. I don't smoke in crowded places where it's going to definitely bother any non-smokers around. I don't smoke around my kids. If I go out to eat, if ANYONE in the group is a nonsmoker we sit in non-smoking. But on the flip side if I'm outside in a wide open space, or even worse walking down the street where there are thousands of cars putting out MUCH more pollution than my little cigarette, then I have NO pity for someone who feels the need to walk in my immediate vicinity and bitch about my smoking.

One day I'll quit I'm sure, it won't be easy, hell, my parents started me smoking when I was 10, gave me my first cigarette and taught me how to smoke right, how to inhale and everything, and fromt hen on supplied my habit. :P Which means I've been smoking 19 years now, so quitting won't be easy, and currently I don't really have a desire to, I enjoy smoking, but I'm sure one day I'll get around to trying to quit.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by Djin
    I don't understand "enjoyable night".
    Do you walk down the road and have a million people next to you smoking? I don't think so. Do you live in such a small area that 2000 people can change the way the air smells? I don't think so.
    I understand your point, but shit. I just think it's another right taken away in todays "free" world.image

By enjoyable night, I mean I can go to a restaurant and sit down and not have to worry about the guy in the next booth blowing smoke into my space.

I can step up to the bar and order a drink at the pub and not wory about getting a faceful of smoke. It makes the whole night that much more enjoyable.

I can see your point about it being a right taken away. I don't think the right should be taken away, just do it somewhere where I don't have to smell it. Outside, or in the smoking zone, as long as the smoking zone is well away from the non-smoking zone.

The problem is that there are so many inconsiderate people around who will just smoke and blow it in your face. Sure, you sound like a reasonable guy who is nice enough to not do it to people, but there are just too many clueless people out there, totally oblivously to other people.

But, with the prices the way they are nowadays, all your smokers are either crazy or rich!! :)

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

A free country doesnt mean everything should be legal. Although I got nothing against smokers, I'd get anyone who I knew to quit because its bad for you. But other then that. Dont really care.

That is, as long as I dont have to inhale the crap indoors, which in restaurants having a smokers area, and non-smokers area is fine with me. Let all the smokers inhale the smoke, I wanna keep my lungs healthy.

But as for it being illegal outdoors....Well....1. Its outdoors, huge enviroment, I doubt anyone but the smoker will be inhaling it. 2. There are alot more pollutionogenic things.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Djin

I heard there's no "super size" at Mc Donalds either... that's pretty neat. :)

when i went to Atlanta Georgia a couple weeks ago they still had the supersize menu..

it's all because of that movie "Super Size Me"

doens't matter..i hate mcdonalds anyway