Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asheron's Call 2: Crafting 2.0 Coming Soon!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Turbine has once again made a major upgrade to the Asheron's Call 2 world.  They have completely re-vamped their crafting system to what will now be known as "Crafting 2.0".

Just a small sample of the new features:

• There are now 6 "crafting towns" - Cavendo, Ikeras, Hakata, Linvak Tukal, and Ondekodo
  • You no longer need to put fuel into forges - however they have also lost their bonuses
  • You are now required to be near a forge - no more crafting in the woods
  • New crafting experience points (CXP)
  • No more "tiers" in the crafting skill system
  • New learning levels that cause a character to "tire" after crafting excessively long
  • New crafting titles

There is a TON more to list, but you will have to visit the official Crafting 2.0 page to read them all!  Nice work Turbine, this really looks impressive!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• gorgethgorgeth Member Posts: 6

This is probably one of the single largest changes overall to an online game in history (outside of an expansion pack)

Virtually every aspect of AC2 (loot, questing etc) has been "touched" by the vast changes to the crafting system.. When coupled with the massive refinement effort underway over the last year by turbine .. AC2 is clearly at its best.. and is currently my favorite MMO of them all..

The real shame with this game is the lack of marketing/players.. more players should give her a try! its free 2 week trial and only 12.95 to convert to a fully paid account.. As of june 30th.. even if you tried it at any point in the past.. its a "whole new game"

No i do not work for turbine, i am simply a very happy customer!

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    I agree, this is going to be a great change in the game. Now all that's left is adding some merchants and/or auction house of some sort, and we're set. image Been looking forward to this update for a while now, it's gonna be sweet. To anyone that's been thinking about trying out the free trial to give this game a spin, now's the best time. You'll get to see a few days of game play before this patch, so you will notice the change too.image

Currently Playing:
    SWG, AC2, WW2Online

Retired:
    Everquest, DAoC

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• speculativespeculative Member Posts: 6

I just reactivated my account last week, and now crafting 2.0 is set to come out!  After trying a number of mmo's, I will stick with AC2 until something better comes out.  Currently, there is no better mmo on the market...

-speculative

• ShaleighShaleigh Member Posts: 1

Wow! The guide to this is HUGE!!! Lots of exciting new changes coming though. I can't wait! The new armor stats look awesome, and spellbinding sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Roll on Wednesday! I am gonna have to take the day off work :)

Shaleigh

• SeifferSeiffer Member Posts: 17
    I've been waiting a long time for this patch... It seems the waiting has paid off :D

• JutulJutul Member Posts: 14

The constantly changing world and the communicative developers is my #1 reason for playing AC2. And the crafting changes look freaking great! ::::02::

• kcdosseykcdossey Member Posts: 1

Crafting 2.0 is gonna add alot of need interaction to the comunity along with all of the content and upgrades to the gamescence release has made this by far the best mmorpg on the market if you havent tried pleasse do the only thing we are lacking is the comunity due to a premature launch that was a hugh turn off.

Their 15 free trial with noobligation to show a credit card is a great no strings attached way to try out the new crafting sys and see how fun this game really is.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    I'm about 50% done with the download.  We'll see if it's any better.

What will he do next?
  • PiwacketPiwacket Member Posts: 4

How long since you played Djin?  You should be presently surprised. :)  AC2 is loaded with new quests and lore. I'm chomping at the bit for Crafting v2.0.... a major update to the game changing a lot of aspects of the game, with more to come down the road.  I've tried them all and for this genre this is the best there is.

It's been over a year... almost close to 1.5 years.

What will he do next?
    Oh wow! You will have 3 entirely new dynamics to wet your whistle on, Hero, KvK and Carfting v2.0. And literally dozens and dozens of quests that have been added. You are in for a real treat. My in game name  is Piwacket, feel free to give me a holler if you want a hand. :) 

Which server are you on?  64% done. :)

What will he do next?
  • GreyloopGreyloop Member Posts: 41

You cant go wrong here!

They offer you a Free 15 day trial (No credit card required I may add)

A world that is changing on a monthly bases and a very tight community.

I personally feel this is one of the best MMORPG's out on the market and the only thing it is suffering from nowadays is populations.

Allot of people gave up on this game when it was first released because of some issues the game has. Turbine has really plugged away and fixed allot of the issues. With this new Crafting 2.0 it brings in allot of new and fresh ideas and excitment.

The great thing about this new 2.0 crafting is a new player could start with this game TODAY and be right up there with all the long time players. EVERYONE is starting fresh.

This is a great time to try this game out.

See ya in game!!

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

This sounds much better than the old crappy crafting system in AC2.

Betatesting: Unknown game coming soon! :D :P
    Betatested: AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.
    Playing: Horizons; AC1
    Retired: EQ; DAoC; SWG; Shadowbane; UO free shards, Ashen Empires
    Attempt to test or play: Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light, WoW, Mourning

77%.

What will he do next?
    I'm on the Thistledown server. :)

BTW, I would like to suggest you pop over to http://www.ac2hq.com or to http://ac2.turbinegames.com/?page_id=40 to get up to snuff on the monthly episodes and see where the dynamics of the game have taken us all.

• MonserMMonserM Member Posts: 3

If turbine manage to pull off Crafting 2.0 this game has one of the brightest futures of any out there.

Can't play the game... go figure.

What will he do next?
  • GreyloopGreyloop Member Posts: 41

You can't play right now because the servers are down because they are applying the BIG crafting 2.0 patch as we speak.

The window for the patch is 4 hours so it should be up and running later this afternoon and boy is it going to be fun to log into the new crafting.

DAMN it why do I have to be stuck at work....ahhhhhhhh

No, it's another reason.  I try to load the game and it goes right to the "serial" input page.

It thinks I tried the 15 day trial, but I didn't even get that far. :)

What will he do next?

its prolly the shortcut on desktop

Instead of pointing at "C:GamesAC2Launcher.exe"

You need to change it to say "C:gamesac2launcher.exe" /trial

The C:gamesac2 part of course should point to wherever your game is actually installed.

It sounds like you have installed from a cd and not a "trial" installer.. once the shortcut is in "trial" mode you can keep making new trial accounts for as many hotmail accounts as you can get.

• JutulJutul Member Posts: 14

Djin, if you used the free trial download, two icons appear on your desktop. Use the one labeled Free Trial. If you want to purchase the game later on, you use the other one.

And crafting is freaking awesome! Woot! ::::02::

I guess you didn't read what I posted... I already tried clicking on the "free trial", it just brings me to "Please put in your Serial number... bla bla bla"

What will he do next?

Then you have a buggered .net passport from the beta of ac2 (whether you took part or not it can happen)

Simply whip up a new .net passport (sign up for an alternate hotmail addess) and use that one..

Thing is.. the "trial" link should only give 1 of 2 choices.. login, or "we are sorry the account you are trying to login with has already used up its trial you can buy the game and click the other link" etc..

The cdkey/create billing account nonsense should ONLY be coming up if you have a missing /trial at the end of the shortcut.. give her a try and report back..

I've setup several new hotmail accounts... all the same bullshit.

What will he do next?