Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why should you return to Wow?

It's August and I quit Wow in March- "Burn out" was the reason I quit, but I didn't know it was called that then.

So I tried, Guild wars, didnt grab me, Titan Quest too lonely, Oblivion the same, Dungeon Runners- what the hell is the point of that game, and LOTRO, which succeeded in making me home sick for Wow.

A friend and former guildy actually paid for a months subscription and I had a free 10 days TBC trial. I set up a Warlock, which I had never played b4 and became a Bloodelf and Jewel Crafter. I play a little evry now and then, haven't joined a Guild, so I can please myself what I do. I am on a RP server and so far the ppl I have met have been pleasant.

If you have left but can't find a replacement, that's because there isn't one. That's why you should go back to Wow.

Blizzard have apparently recently said they will never delete an account- so there is no time limit.

If like me not playing left some kinda gap, destress, detox, get your priorities rite and have fun when you go back.

Comments

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I went back to WoW after being gone for awhile for no other reason than boredom. Is WoW great..I dont think so. Its good enough until something new comes out. TBC added very little that was actually new. Its just more WoW.  There really is only 3 things to do.. farm instances, Farm for Gold or farm for honor (hell I dont really even want to call it PvP)  For how much money Blizz makes off of us Id like to see something new. Not just open another instance or make me farm rep for some new useless faction. Since blizz is on top they could start taking some risks and do something new. Oh well 8.5 million people love it just the way it is so I must be wrong.

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

In WoW, are RP servers for people who act like they are actually the character?

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

I sometimes get tired, and take a break for a couple of weeks.  Then I'll come back, and begin to think that maybe I'm not ready, and suddenly realize I've been playing the game the whole weekend and I have work in 6 hours.

I'm on a break now with the new Civ 4 expansion, but I'll be back.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• Fyhre343Fyhre343 Member Posts: 5

The way I look at it, WoW is a great game for up to three months, but then I just get bored.  There's nothing wrong with that (I don't think), and when I get bored, I take a break for a few months.  You don't have to play it every day of every year to love it.

I know it's tough because you really wanna be consumed by it again, but make sure you'll commit yourself to playing regularly for at least a month.  I think the reason for that is obvious.

That's all I have to say about that.

• area84area84 Member Posts: 335

Originally posted by Aguy

That would be the definition for a RP server

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).

• shadowcat555shadowcat555 Member Posts: 11

I feel the same, nothing can really replace WoW  giggity. Though I am trying out new games but none interest me, because WoW was really the first mmorpg I played (I have quit WoW but returning to it) and hopefully my friend will give me his 70 epic warrior giggity. I also go outside and go to my friend's house playing football  to take my mind off of missing WoW goo. Dungeon runners is lame =P giggity giggity goo. 

• Exnor009Exnor009 Member Posts: 154

I havent been on this site in the longest time =P but I would agree that im home sick of WoW, im deciding to go back and play it but im just wondering, whats a good RP server that would have a decent ammount of people?

• JudgemanxJudgemanx Member Posts: 32

I played WoW for about 3 months and never got hooked. Nothing in in was new and I found the quests boring and repetative.  I play Dungeon runners for maybe an hour a week its a fill in game not ment to be played like an MMO. The designers even said its a game ment to be played while your server resets or while your waiting for a raid to begin in your other game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Well, I played WOW from open beta until about 9 months after release...got fed-up with raiding MC/BWL and took a 4 month break (playing COV/GW in the interim)   Then I came back, played about 10 more months...until I got fed up with raiding BWL/AQ40 and quit again last November. (once I found out what TBC was going to bring... more of the same)

So I've been WOW free for about 8 months now...and despite the fact that my son has been playing religiously all this time... the game still has no appeal anymore.

I had fun while I was there... but all games come to an end....  currently playing EVE until WAR comes out.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007
    Originally posted by Aguy

No. If I acted like I was my character, I'd be drinking heavily and shooting wild animals for the hell of it.  Role-playing servers are for players who act out the role of their character. There's a few more words in there, and they make a world of difference. Acting like your character is usually a bad idea. Making your character act like your character is the idea behind role-playing.

• valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Looks like WoW will live forever.First mmorpg is always best and WoW is first to millions of players.Its nostalgy..

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219

i tried wow the first time about.. 2 years ago maybe because my friends played so i decided why not. i hated it. i couldnt stand the gameplay for some reason so i quit. then 5 months ago i got the expansion and behold. it was more of the same. im sorry but i cant do the same endgame content over and over its jus not fun. i have other things to take my mind off of mmos until AoC comes out :) css ftw and fiance lol

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by valun

Looks like WoW will live forever.First mmorpg is always best and WoW is first to millions of players.Its nostalgy..

Oh yea very nostalgy so nostalgy that its graphics are 7 years in the past almost.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• AlayftonAlayfton Member Posts: 7

WoW's combat system is so archaic that I am amazed it still has the number of subscribers that it does.

"I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived."

• davidw123davidw123 Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Focus*Bankai

i tried wow the first time about.. 2 years ago maybe because my friends played so i decided why not. i hated it. i couldnt stand the gameplay for some reason so i quit. then 5 months ago i got the expansion and behold. it was more of the same. im sorry but i cant do the same endgame content over and over its jus not fun. i have other things to take my mind off of mmos until AoC comes out :) css ftw and fiance lol

I've just got to ask: why did you buy the expansion when you hated the original game?

• dominitdominit Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by Recant

I sometimes get tired, and take a break for a couple of weeks.  Then I'll come back, and begin to think that maybe I'm not ready, and suddenly realize I've been playing the game the whole weekend and I have work in 6 hours.

Sounds like me. Some times you miss it and then when you actually play it for a while you get sick of it. I do agree its the first MMO millions have played so it will live on in peoples hearts. Blizzard must be doing domething right.

Ever herd the term 'World of War-Crack'!!!