Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Offended Me.

KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

Someone that I know told this to me:

"An honest man fights with his fists."

I was so offended by this -I mean, c'mon, it was coming from a guy who owns like twenty knives- that I felt like punching him in the face. I didn't. He claims it's dishonest for two people to fight with knives. This is bull crap. I want people's opinions on this matter.

Comments

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

only bitchs fight with weapons, but these days i guess pretty much everyone is a bitch then

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    lol, I guess ill loose whatever fight u choose because I can hardly read a dang thing you wrote lol (too small...lol, what is it...4 size font?)image

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Just because hes got 20 knives doesnt mean he fights with them.  Or if he does hes not honest by his own standards.  But anyone can use guns and be a pussy or stab someone who has no weapon, that was prolly his point.

BTW this should prolly be in off topic discussion.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

• XennXenn Member Posts: 3

I think the only cool weapon to use is a sword, otherwise, go with the fists. ::::01::

• KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

It is in off topic.

He knew what I meant and he said that if two people both had knives it was still dishonest.

What are knives for if not for fighting or carving? And he's mostly got switchblades, which I don't think are for carving.

If you say only bitches fight with weapons then let's see you in a situation where if you lose the fight you die. You'd choose a weapon.

If any one of you were in a life or death situation, you'd fight with a weapon.

Any of you who would fight with your hands in such a situation out of "Honor" sicken me.

This font size is only on eight, you sarcastic bastard. They made the fonts bigger or something.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    Fighting with a gun is being a wuss! I say the old style fighting. Sword and shield! or spear, or halberd....Well, any medieval style. Face to face! TAKES GUTS! GIVES GLORY! VALOR! Pfft. Shooting somone from 100 yards. How wussy! Shooting anyone period! pfft!

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

YEAH i WOULD CHOOSE A WEAPON IF SOMEONES GONNA KILL ME with one.  Sorry for caps...  but thats not the point, anyone would want a weapon if they faced death.  If someone said they were gonna kill me by just kickin my ass, then no I wouldnt want a weapon.  And if the guy has 20 switchblades then he prolly collects em dontcha think?  No one needs 20 blades to fight with.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

• KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

Finwe, you share my opinion and for it I respect you.

I'm glad there's at least one other sane person.

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

I don't understand how honesty comes in to play here at all. I could see if it were fair or not, but no one is lying or not lying. I think that it is "fair" if two fight with knives, I think it is "fair" if two fight with fists. I also think that it's retarted to fight and all it gets you is in trouble no matter who you're fighting with. Unless it's a boxing match or something. But getting back to the fact that he said that it was dishonest to fight with a knive, personally I think it's unfair. If anyone got that....::::07::

サ ー ス ベ ン

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Kuzzle

Someone that I know told this to me:
     "An honest man fights with his fists."
     I was so offended by this -I mean, c'mon, it was coming from a guy who owns like twenty knives- that I felt like punching him in the face. I didn't. He claims it's dishonest for two people to fight with knives. This is bull crap. I want people's opinions on this matter.

I'm really trying to see how this is bothering you so much.  All I can say is this, if you have the skills to fight with a weapon, then fight.  Guns, yes are pussy weapons because anyone can point and shoot.  However, training to use a real weapon is extensive.  You're going into a fight with all your skills, if you don't like it, run.  Personally knives don't bother me because I've taken Jui Jitsu and Kickboxing and know how to disarm. 

But if you say that someone is "dishonorable" for going into a fight with all their skills that's just ridiculous, that's just like saying something like "Ok, I know you're a fast runner and really agile and you have all these mad football skills, but hey, can you tone it down, it's not fair to the other guys."

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

--------------------------------------------

• Bonez005Bonez005 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Honesty has nothing to do with how you fight or what you fight with, but more to do with WHY you fight... Now if your talking about Fairness, it all depends on the situation I think. Would fist on fist be fair?? Not if one is a Monk and the other is a Druid!

BTW, pointing and shooting is just as difficult as pointing and thrusting, I believe the real difference there is range, however, the further you get with a gun, the harder it is to hit, your better off befriending the guy and stabbing him in the side when he is playing a video game. Just to be honest about it, be sure to say "I'm gonna stab you in the side!" just before you do it. It'll catch him off guard but at least he cant call you a liar...

• jloverjlover Member Posts: 260

Their is no fairness in fighting.

If someone was to fight me with their bare hands I would just find something (a weapon) and beat the heck out of that person. I don't care what other people would say either. As long as I win and walk away without a scratch I am happy.

Anyways I don't want to break my hand over some stupid guys face. I would rather just break something else over their face.

wu-name=Ungrateful Dreamer

Love your enemys, it will drive them crazy.

9.523809523809523% nerd blood flows through your veins.
    NOOOOO get it out get it out!!!!

wu-name=Ungrateful Dreamer

Love your enemys, it will drive them crazy.

9.523809523809523% nerd blood flows through your veins.
    NOOOOO get it out get it out!!!!

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458
    I would have to agree. A smart man--an alive man--fights with weapons. The idea of honor should be considered a mental defect. Want to fight fair? How about we both have the ability to do whatever we want however good at it we are? Even if it is lying or cheating.

-Machiavelli

I don't think Honor is bad at all. It's a great thing. If you have no Honor, you should be ashamed. Has anyone seen The Last Samurai? That movie represents great Honor. The way the Japanese know Honor.

サ ー ス ベ ン

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Thats one problem with society. "Honor, a dated and stupid thing" alot of people think. Before people would rather die painfully and miserably then rather lose their honor. Now people would give up their honor rather then have a needle poked in their finger.

Btw Sir. No. You look in Japan. they're probably as honorless as the west. This was what. 110 years ago and before the west did take alot of control over japan? As well they were samurai, or taught samurai ways.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     An honest man fights with his fists? That doesn't make sense. A man could be honest and still use a weapon if he's a cowardly bitch.

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
    Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Originally posted by Finwe

Thats one problem with society. "Honor, a dated and stupid thing" alot of people think. Before people would rather die painfully and miserably then rather lose their honor. Now people would give up their honor rather then have a needle poked in their finger.

Btw Sir. No. You look in Japan. they're probably as honorless as the west. This was what. 110 years ago and before the west did take alot of control over japan? As well they were samurai, or taught samurai ways.

Finwe you need to be slapped for that one.  I lived in Japan for over a year, and they have more honor than any other culture I have ever seen.  The Japanese have virtually no crime, even in one of the biggest cities in the WORLD.  Why?  Because crime is looked on as shameful, not like the thuglife of the US.  I found that very very insulting, and you obviously know nothing of japan, nevertheless been there.  Japanese in general are the most honorable, polite, and meek people I have ever run across.

I agree, but we shant get into that now. We have a topic to get back to. One that I am utterly confused about and do not understand at all. Hrmm, maybe I shouldn't have come into this topic.::::07::

サ ー ス ベ ン

• AleisterAleister Member Posts: 208

i think this fighting and dieing with honour stuff is bullcrap, soldier stuff like, i died for my country and with my honour

i would only risk my life for people who i know to be good and i would not kill anyone whom i dont know that he realy deserves it, hence my avoidance of military

Shit i'm bad... I self educated myself in ways of controlling feelings, now nothing feels like it's true... gotta be an assasin or sumtin.

-----------------------
    ....must ....play .....WoWimage

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

It all depends on the situation.

You throw a punch at me and I will proceed to kick your ass.

You pull a weapon on me, and out comes my 9mm and you die.

So, think twice before you pull a weapon on somebody. You don't want to bring a knife or bat to a gun fight... That would suck for you.

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77
    Im sorry to say this, but if you want honor and glory, most of the time you will end up getting hurt. This world isnt filled with honorable people, its filled with people who hide behind others, hide behind money, hide behind guns. No one thinks about honor anymore, our society is based around where the strongest survive, so if you challenge a guy to a fist fight, he is definitly going to show up with 10 friends and baseball bats. The reason is, is because no one thinks about winning fairly anymore, they think about winning...just in general, if they hafta be cheap, then they will, because just because htey are thinking about winning, not about HOW they are winning. This also is the same about war, the people who survive are the men who shoot to kill, the ones who watch their own asses, and dont give a fuck about honor, they arent fighting for a country, or a cause, when it gets down to it, they are fighitng to get their asses the fuck out of their. Trying to be hero, or be honorable, is just going to get you killed, and that is the whole but sad truth. The world is a bunch of backstabbers, so watch your back, and play to win, because everyone else sure as hell will, "Show them no mercy, for you shall recieve none!" (Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers)

• bsherlockbsherlock Member Posts: 491

If i have no weapon, then an honest opponent will not use a weapon. i think thats what your mate meant.

However is i have a knife, then there is noting dishonest about my opponent having a knife. Same goes for a sword, gun, tank, battleship ... etc etc.

An even fight is an honest fight

However if a fight starts unarmed, then i pull a knife, then i have lost my honor and my opponent is within his rights to pull out a gauge and blow me away.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

• Amd64_FX_53Amd64_FX_53 Member Posts: 421

Fighting with ur hands is bull crap guys.........imageimageimageimageimageimage

intel sucks even with their 3.6

Imperium Acranum rapped me

• LoD254LoD254 Member Posts: 373
    An honest man would fight fair or at a disadvantage. If you get a knife then i can at most have a knife.

• zeroskaterzeroskater Member Posts: 176

you fight face to face up close and personal or dont fight at all .. long ranged fights are crap .. and both people have to have the same type of weapon .. if someone has a sword and he figts someone witha knife then the swords length is more likely to win .. have a fair fight then you know how good you are .. more test of skill when your up close and personal ..

1,2 buckle my shoe 3,4 knock on the door 5,6 pick up sticks
    7,8 GO AND SKATE !

without life we'd be dead.