Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone from Beta testing?

RoarkeRoarke Member Posts: 1
I played this game in closed beta a long time ago. I always thought it was going to be a P2P but I had to stop long before beta ended. Ran into this game again .. yesterday?

I downloaded and played it and couldn't tell any difference, beside the added video tuts and ads, from the beta. Mainly some player stability issues, and loading times.

To anyone that knows:

Did Acclaim always own this game or did they buy the rights?

Later,

Nick

Comments

• SerendiptyJoSerendiptyJo Member Posts: 3

Hi there, I also played it during Beta test when it was being run by Persistant Worlds, they went down/bust and Acclaim took over. Dec/January .Unfortunatly I have never been able to get back into the game since then as it has been one corrupted d/l after another. Where did you d/l it from? I'm a European player. Take care have fun.

• FosterFoster Member Posts: 8

Yeah, I was also in the Beta, but when Persistent worlds fell, I thought it was over for this game, and so I quit playing this. It was a couple of months ago, when I even heard, that it's back up again.

• WobblebobWobblebob Member Posts: 67

Im a Euro player and have downloaded it a few times (due to reinstalling windows and changing HDDs) with no problems with corruption.

• Num4Num4 Member Posts: 5

I am from europe too and was in some beta stage of this game, but I got sad when the game(beta) got down and I never got in to it.

Once I checked from 9dragons website I noticed "download" and i hoped it would work and it did(halelujaa!).

But I had to make a new profile  good bye my old-luohan...

But now somehow, I don´t even want to play it..

"ääh.. same old day.. same old stuff.. killing bears.. maybe those twin brutes.. nah.. I´ll go do something else.."

I want to play it but somehow I don´t... man...

As fire from hell raises and from sky falls fiery rocks to ground and earthguakes cracks the ground as fires burst to sky as pilars and heavy metal plays.

• Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

I also played the beta i was pretty high lvl and got bored then quit i was a shao lin i think that is what its called

• PsyhoMirPsyhoMir Member UncommonPosts: 23

I played PW beta too, started like 11 months ago. After all those wipes i have now a sm8 char on Acclaim version but iam too tired of this game... almoust quit 9D. WarMir.

• NigherisNigheris Member Posts: 70

I played beta for a bit, I too got bored of the game after awhile... It was interesting but just not enough to keep me intertained for long periods of time. My son loved it though (12 years old)

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors not his equals!!!

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Game is simple and somewhat fun to play but it IS a huge grind esp if you hit the FD (Five Dragons - lvl 61)  levels and getting 0.10% kills anyway most of these grind games are designed for maximum grindage in order to retain customers. I am glad Acclaim is making this free to play with in-game ad supporting it since you can never really quit it (you can stop playing of course and come back several months later and your char will still be there and you don't have to pay a cent).  One thing that concerned me though is the lack of regular official Acclaim representatives that responds to customer concerns and complaints only a bunch of forum moderators who are volunteers players themselves are the only "Acclaim presence" available. Once or twice a week an official Acclaim administrator would login and answer a few questions. There aren't any game patches or game updates for 2 months (the last one was on May) and people are hoping for a game content update soon as the korean version already has additional content and levels up for months. Some of the high level player concerns includes severe lack of high level mobs for them to XP on and a lot of high level players already quit the game due to boredom. All in all, acclaim maybe doing quite well in building their customer base and last week they announced that their games have hit over 1 million registered users. This is one of the games with friendly community as the GM enforces rules that will not tolerate any sort of abusive/antisocial behavior in and out of game (you can get your account banned for severe infractions in-game and on the forums.).

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Originally posted by Roarke

I played this game in closed beta a long time ago. I always thought it was going to be a P2P but I had to stop long before beta ended. Ran into this game again .. yesterday?

I downloaded and played it and couldn't tell any difference, beside the added video tuts and ads, from the beta. Mainly some player stability issues, and loading times.

To anyone that knows:

Did Acclaim always own this game or did they buy the rights?

Later,

Nick

Acclaim is publishing this game in the North American market, they licensed the game from Indy21 (korean developers).