Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help

SkaterpdtSkaterpdt Member Posts: 24

Ive lost my real life so I want to start up this game again so is there any way to get an account reactivated and still have your characters?

Comments

• SkaterpdtSkaterpdt Member Posts: 24

doesnt anyone know at all, I want to join again but if I cant get my character back its not worth my time

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

how long has it been since you quit?

its been more than 3 months

• aspiinaspiin Member Posts: 66

I dont recommend playing a mmo to drown out your "lost" life. But if you are emo its more that acceptable. Anyways  if you are a year or more from the last time you deacivated your account its near impossible to recover. Call first if anything. 1-800- PLAY-ONLINE

it hasnt been a year maybe I can get it back, and naw, Im turning to this game again to make go away, thats the strat

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

if its been less than a year then you can get your account back no problem.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Well, first...

Did you cancel your content IDs only... or did you cancel the entire PlayOnline account as well?

If it's the former, all you should have to do is reinstall the game, enter your PlayOnline ID and password when asked for it (as an existing member) and everything should be there waiting for you. From there, you go into the FFXI section and under Content IDs should be all your characters, sitting there inactive waiting to be re-activated.

Once you've done that, you're good to go.

If you cancelled the entire PlayOnline account (which you don't need to do when you want to take a break, etc - only the content IDs), then yeah... I'd try calling the number provided above.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops