Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have SWG patching trouble!!

CoraithCoraith Member Posts: 311

About 4 months ago i played swg, then i quit for 2 months uninstalling the game, but now i want to go back. Problem is im on 56k and SOE isnt kind to us 56k'ers. I have freshly re-installed SWG and paid for 1 months acount time to find that i have to spend 2 days patching. I thought ok, this wont be so bad really ill just get it chunk by chunk. Well, that was the plan. My ISP dissconnects me every 2 hours for some unbeknown reason which as you can imagine really hampers the patching progress. I have got to patch6 but it just wont download in 2 hours. So im stuck, ive paid for play time which i cant use and there is no way possible to log in, i tried to get this on the SOE SWG forums but it wont let me log in. Would it be possible for someone to upload some of the patches onto an ftp server or even burn them onto a disc and send it to me, becuase otherwise, im pretty much in the shit.
Thanks

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

ouch!

I had to start from scratch too....but only took me 6 minutes image to update everything

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    took me about 10 but i have brodband im not sure about u though since u have 56k sorry i can't be of any helpimage

• Originally posted by Coraith

My ISP dissconnects me every 2 hours for some unbeknown reason which as you can imagine really hampers the patching progress. Thanks

You are the customer! Call up your ISP and demand to know why they always keep disconnecting you every 2 hours. Hey you are paying htem for a service, and you are not getting served. Not right.

The entire SWG patches took 1 hour for one of my friends to get  after he signed up for the 14 day free trial. (The 2 GIG game took 3 hours for him to download.) He left his computer on at night while he slept.

No ISP should be disconnecting their paying customer every 2 hours, or any time at all without any explanation.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Lo mukka....sounds like a throwback to my old BT days....hang on...check you bio....guessed it your a brit :). I had similar probs back in my BT 56k days.

Some games used to have site where you could DL patches via the out of game site so you could DL the patch via gozilla or something...

does SWG have this option?? Or mate phone them up and change your subscription. Those sort of free isp's are for infrequent users and not gamers. 

Pan

Pan

• DustyBallzDustyBallz Member Posts: 152

Yeah, good point, panache! Is the initial poster's ISP going to disconnect him every two hours while playing?!? Buzz kill for sure if so! ::::03::

MMORPG -- Where's the RP?

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Originally posted by DustyBallz

Yeah, good point, panache! Is the initial poster's ISP going to disconnect him every two hours while playing?!? Buzz kill for sure if so! ::::03::

Heh....back in the days when a quid would buy me 10 fag's and a pint less that a quid, i used to play in a UT clan.....used to have a hour praccy before match and then the match. I had to remember to relog on my isp after praccy so i would be sure i didn't get disconnected 15 mins before the end of match :)

change isp mate

Pan

Pan

• CoraithCoraith Member Posts: 311
    You say change ISP but thats quite unpractical does nobody have these files that they could write on a cd?