Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Work. Be Young. Game. The ONLY Best Advice You Will EVER Get

Look at older people you know.

Miserable.  Unhappy.  Often married.  Unfortunately, with kids.

Do NOT do that.  I am revealing something so PROFOUND to YOU that people that have made mistakes might reject it.

Simply, do not get married.  Do not get a dead-end job.  It is not worth it. It is all BULL SHIT.  Remain young. Keep gaming.  Have fun. 

Boycott EA Games. RIP Sim City.

Comments

• ixontesixontes Member UncommonPosts: 317

And live with your parents until you are 50 while being laughed at!!!

So where do you get money?

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

so im guessing your miserable, married, with kids, and in a dead end job?

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by ixontes

The last guy who was laughing at me, we never found it corpse again.  

As to the OP...hehe, you are a bit extreme.

I want most of my time free...and if possible I would like to waste this time either with a girl (+ kids?) or with a game.  A job is a tool, not a purpose.  If you enjoy your job and consider it a game, be my guess...enjoy all you want.  Me, I rather just have a good time...and I NEVER actually enjoys a job enought to want to go to work instead of playing a game.  The less inconvenient the tool is, the better I am.  5 days a week?  )_*(&%$?*%$  No.

But see...most peoples work and they forget why they are working...they just try to work more and more and more...and they eventually awaken, at 60, realizing they didn't live their life...that they didn't do what they want to...that they waste it.

Is having a wife better then a game?  Most certainly, if it is the right gal.  But if you end in a nightmare with the wrong gal...you rather be playing a video game instead and be in the basement of mom and dad then in this living hell.  Finding the right gal is something hard...finding the right job is even harder...losing all in a divorce?  

But finding the right game is a lot easier... and it is always fun to try to, and to experience new games...as long as they remain games!    A raiding experience may turn to be nightmarish and out of place, in the FUN and gaming world, but then you get to trash it endlessly, until the point is understood!  Raiding AFTER grouping is NOT fun.  Don't want it.  I dunno what is so freaking hard to understand, what is it that they are missing.  Raiding dynamic: A minority enjoys shafting a majority of players, see open FFA PvP for any referrence and as to why to remove it...to a lesser extand granted, but still the same.  Yet, for some obscure reason, some devs are unable to get this point.  If something is life threatening or only threatening to injure you, we remove it in life.  For some reason, in a gaming system, some devs don't get the point that raiding-enforcement is bad and hurt the gaming experience of the majority.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Wives are wonderful.  I know because I am one! 

• asupermaneasupermane Member Posts: 682

Originally posted by Signe

DEBO!

• gpettgpett Member Posts: 1,105

Commitment is only a bad thing if that is not what you want.  Be honest with yourself and others around you and it will all work out in the long run.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Damn!  I am too late!  I was about to ask your hand over the Internet!  

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Originally posted by CharslesT

Do NOT do that.  I am revealing something so PROFOUND to YOU that people that have made mistakes might reject it.

Simply, do not get married.  Do not get a dead-end job.  It is not worth it. It is all BULL SHIT.  Remain young. Keep gaming.  Have fun. 
    Hell ya kids!

Drop out of school, take up a good recreational drug that augments your games. Don't forget welfare, that should help you through the hell you are about to endeavor on.

Most of all, avoid the opposite sex like the plague. Who needs sex anyhow, just game until you are level 99+, and when you are done just turn that game into a job, sell that <insert game currency>, trust me it gets those bills paid.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Look at older people you know. Seem to living longer and healthy'r

Miserable.  Unhappy.  Often married.  Unfortunately, with kids. Hmm sure there are some but pretty narrowminded
    Do NOT do that.  I am revealing something so PROFOUND to YOU that people that have made mistakes might reject it. Its like you read on these forums someone does not like a game so no one should like it LOL

Simply, do not get married. Its a choice people can make, you don't have to get married to have a wonderfull wife/girlfriend. Do not get a dead-end job. Good advice, get a job you gonna know its intresting for lots of years to come or get selfemployed. It is not worth it. A dead-end job will never be worth it, making the right choices is what is important.  It is all BULL SHIT.  Remain young. Keep gaming.  Have fun. People are already much younger sort of speak then if you look at the same ages 10/20 and more years ago, i recall remembering my grandma at 65 to be like a reall grandma(You know old/sweet), now i'm seeing my own ma reaching that age and i can not see her like old as i saw my grandma, nothing to do with because its my Ma, it has to do with this day and time as people simply remain younger in many way's but only if they enjoy life itself afcourse. But to achieve that one needs to find pleasure in live,socialy  and proffesionaly live, without those 2, and meaning some have a very limited view in how to enjoy live will most likely end up with topics like made here 

I was hoping this topic actualy was sarcastic meant

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Look at older people you know. Miserable.  Unhappy.  Often married.  Unfortunately, with kids.
    I have, and they tell me that make friends and  enjoy youth, don't play games all your life and become an old gaming fart.
    My mum always tell me one day you'll be married an have kids, great job blah blah blah, I know it's all BS but it's one of those things that has to be done.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

I think you just won the topic 

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Some of the jobs I have done have been immensley fun and amongst the most rewarding experiences in my life.

Live out your fantasies.

• BahkBahk Member Posts: 259

How about.... who the frick cares? Live how you want to.

• ndpunchndpunch Member Posts: 208

I think they already tried this back in the 60's, teh hippies. For some reason, it didn't work.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Live a selfish life and die alone and disgruntled that you never made any contribution to society.

Yeah, that is what I would choose as the "best advice you will ever get."

• ixontesixontes Member UncommonPosts: 317

Originally posted by Anofalye

Originally posted by ixontes

The last guy who was laughing at me, we never found it corpse again.  

Ooo, it's been almost 20 hours and I am still laughing!!!

• malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221

Why does everyone assume that "dont get a dead end job" means being broke?

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Well, lets see!

I am 40, married, have two daughters,a good job, and a gamer. The OP does not have a clue! Sounds to me like someone who does not want to grow up. These type of individuals usually do not realize the mistakes they make til they are older(my age). By then its usually too late. Usually that same type of person is a selfish leech. Who if it was the 1800's would find themselves hung off a tree or shot with a sign that uses a epithet of"no value".

I have been a gamer since a child. regardless of circumstance ill remain a gamer til im old with no mind left(dementia related). Which then I wont care. But i do profess hatred for people who are leeches. These types usually need a good A$$beating, well perhaps more than one to set them on the right course. The sad thing is i see some people like this into there early 30ies. Usually they are loners on there 3rd-5th marriage and homeless at least once a year. They have nothing to look foward to, nor do they have anything that will better themselves. Most of the time they end up suicidal. Not a bad thing from my point of view. Saves us taxpayers some money and not many resources necessary to cremate someone.

So yeah, listen to the OP..uhh huh..

• OpticaleyeOpticaleye Member Posts: 498

Hmmm,

I think when you hit 30 and realize in the darkness of your parents basement(i know i know you pay rent)that the rest of your friends have moved on without you how "profound" it will be to realize what a loser you are.Especially when the teens your hangin with stop seeing you as cool and think your creepy.

Of course you could just simply take control of your life and do EXACTLY what you want.

Most jobs are bs ill give you that much.

Remain young?You call that profound?

You could just stop being miserable and take control.

What is your physical limit?

• CharslesTCharslesT Member Posts: 366

Dyslexia is a serious problem, and I see it among the many who are married.

I was somewhat kidding and somewhat speaking the truth in what I say.  I will try to summarize what I was saying on a third-grade level:  if you are young, do not try to grow up so fast. 

• CharslesTCharslesT Member Posts: 366

Originally posted by b0rderline99

so im guessing your miserable, married, with kids, and in a dead end job?

Jumping to conclusions.  Not miserable. Not married. I do not have kids. I do not have a dead-end job.

I am warning young people about getting married, having kids, and getting stuck in dead-end jobs.

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

Originally posted by Anofalye

A job is a tool, not a purpose. 

That's one of the most profound things I've read in a long time!

I try so hard to tell my friends this that are complaining about their life being boring.

When someone's on their death bed do you think they look back and remember those times they were successful at work, got that big contract, took care of that important call that the boss was shoving on you?  

OR do you think think they remember that cool time they had with their buddies rock climbing, relaxing with their friends on the beach over some beers, that drive down Pacific Coast Highway with all your cool roommates, or that kayaking trip that you took with your buds, etc, etc, etc... 

I know exactly what I'm going to remember!  Those good times with my friends.  And I'm going to smile deeply as I take my last breath and hold all of them with me as a pass. 

===============================