Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow is in 19th place

1235»

Comments

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105

You have to remember.  This site reeks of people that thinks playing games should be a second job.  And since WoW brings a lot of fun to the table, they despise it

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130

WoW will go down in history, thats it. I was amazed, drooling on my keyboard even when I played Warcraft III. The lore was very rich and the in-game graphics were a bit cartoony, but very colourful and pleasant to look at.

Most people hate WoW because their parents won't let them subscribe, and the people who claim that WoW is a complete copy off other games are narrow-minded MMORPG nubs.

Wtf? It's simply absurb to say that WoW isn't at least 75% original. Sure, it may have a few elements copied from other games, but tell me, what game doesn't? Blizzard was indeed wise, they observed the common mistakes in game development, so as not to do them themselves.

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Originally posted by Warblaze

Originally posted by ASmith84

voting on this site is a joke.

I have to agree with Asmith84...  the charts on this site are absolutely not representative.  These forums are full of people who hate wow with a passion, hence the 19th place. Yet, the game has the most subscribers of any mmo out there.

Lol, even auto assault gets a whopping 8.1 here while AU is shutting down next month. Not to mention all the free games who are sharing top positions in those list.

It's a joke.

Numbers do not make a good game.

I agree that the voting system it not the best on this site, but I also think that WoW should be in the top 10 games, games like EVE, EQ2, even DAOC deserve to be up there, WoW is just too cookie cutter, the graphics a lowered so they can bring in big numbers, the PvP is pointless with no REAL gain for winning or losing making it feel like something they stuck on at the last miniute, it was fairly addictive for about 9month to a year then it just got to be a grind, no end game, no thought to the players at the end game.

WoW is not in any shape a bad game, but it needs more and people want more, you can only eat burger and Fries for so long then you need something else.

This is not a Flame WoW players but I know it will be taken that way.

• miatakamiataka Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by Kalmarth

Originally posted by Warblaze

Originally posted by ASmith84

voting on this site is a joke.

I have to agree with Asmith84... 

Numbers do not make a good game.

I agree that the voting system it not the best on this site, but I also think that WoW should be in the top 10 games, games like EVE, EQ2, even DAOC deserve to be up there, WoW is just too cookie cutter, the graphics a lowered so they can bring in big numbers, the PvP is pointless with no REAL gain for winning or losing making it feel like something they stuck on at the last miniute, it was fairly addictive for about 9month to a year then it just got to be a grind, no end game, no thought to the players at the end game.

WoW is not in any shape a bad game, but it needs more and people want more, you can only eat burger and Fries for so long then you need something else.

This is not a Flame WoW players but I know it will be taken that way.

Im a wow fan and dont see your post as a flame at all, maybe passionate in what you think but non flamy .

I think its good to express passion and opinon together with out obscenities, good job.

On that note your right not that wow is right for everyone, it is what it is, fun and simple for wide range of ppl most of whom were RTS players and new too MMOs.

and yes the hard core serious MMO players grow bored fast, WOW is not challenging, is not suppose to be, they never advertised it as such , never said its a PVP game either. its a fantasy setting you get to live in during the warcraft story line. ppl lose sight of that is all

Miataka (+many sub variation of that)
    ~WoW (Kael'Thas, USA)
    MiaTaka
    ~ RF On-line (Fire Server)
    -Mia- takahashi
    ~SWG (Europe-chimaera)
    Miataki Valeinca
    ~EQ 2 (everfrost)
    MiaTaka Soyinka
    ~Second Life

• muahahamuahaha Member Posts: 1

Just wanted to state that i got banned for posting in this topic for flaming/trolling in response to one of the posters flaming/trolling , and i recieved no warning like stated in the mmorpg.com's forum rules for the minor offenses before a ban is to take place, i am sorry if i offended anyone, but i was not treated fairly, especially compared to the other party involved

• mokonamokona Member Posts: 51

I played Wow when it was in beta and quit one month befor BC. So i can say this with knowlage of the players, the player base and game play. And yes I had a lvl 60 Gnome Rouge in tear one and tear two.

WoW is the easest MMO to lvl and get to the end game with. It only toke me 5 months to get a lvl 60 rogue and lvl 55 mage and get the rouge tear one and tear two gear. In other MMOs it may take some ppl five months to reach the half way point in a game. The only real grind in the game is faction and by my understanding in BC that grind is now gone. So thats what I have to say about the lvling, moving on.

WoW has some of the MOST closed minded jerks in any MMO I have ever played. All the ppl do in the general chat is call each other names talk like there in a high school gym locker room and generaly being assholes to one another. You cant do anything with out ten ppl pming you on how your toons gay looking or stupid or how that person would never get that gear and how your gay for getting that. And I will not even start on the gold framers spaming you to buy there gold.

As far as children in the game yes there are TONS of kids in the game some play so they can hang out with there parents who have become addics of the game and the kids play so momy or dady can cook while they make sure momy or dadys toon dosnt loss some gear or dies. Or they play becouse they need some thing in there lifes that let them talk to other who will not know they are kids and have fun with ppl they will never meet in real life.

As for the game being rated number 19 it have something to do with the lack of customer suport or the servers AWAYS going down, or some of the formenchend reasons I just stated about the game. Remeamber MMORPG.com is not EVERYONELOVESWOW.com or LETSALLHATEWOW.com it is a website for alll MMOs and if you go to the other board other that WoWs you will read tons of ppl picking and whing about those games too. Its just not Wow.

Thanks  

If god loves the fools ,and god loves every one, dose that mean we are all fools.

• miatakamiataka Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by mokona

I played Wow when it was in beta and quit one month befor BC. So i can say this with knowlage of the players, the player base and game play. And yes I had a lvl 60 Gnome Rouge in tear one and tear two.
    WoW is the easest MMO to lvl and get to the end game with. It only toke me 5 months to get a lvl 60 rogue and lvl 55 mage and get the rouge tear one and tear two gear. In other MMOs it may take some ppl five months to reach the half way point in a game. The only real grind in the game is faction and by my understanding in BC that grind is now gone. So thats what I have to say about the lvling, moving on.
    WoW has some of the MOST closed minded jerks in any MMO I have ever played. All the ppl do in the general chat is call each other names talk like there in a high school gym locker room and generaly being assholes to one another. You cant do anything with out ten ppl pming you on how your toons gay looking or stupid or how that person would never get that gear and how your gay for getting that. And I will not even start on the gold framers spaming you to buy there gold.
    As far as children in the game yes there are TONS of kids in the game some play so they can hang out with there parents who have become addics of the game and the kids play so momy or dady can cook while they make sure momy or dadys toon dosnt loss some gear or dies. Or they play becouse they need some thing in there lifes that let them talk to other who will not know they are kids and have fun with ppl they will never meet in real life.
    As for the game being rated number 19 it have something to do with the lack of customer suport or the servers AWAYS going down, or some of the formenchend reasons I just stated about the game. Remeamber MMORPG.com is not EVERYONELOVESWOW.com or LETSALLHATEWOW.com it is a website for alll MMOs and if you go to the other board other that WoWs you will read tons of ppl picking and whing about those games too. Its just not Wow.
                              Thanks  

sounds like you had a really horrible experiance in WOW. I have neve rencountered anything you have said. Maybe all the really messed up ppl left the game when they removed raiding? and balanced PVP. Maybe, ppl just lightened up?

Not to flame ...but..maybe you said or did things to incite ppl acting tword you like that?  I play on Kael'thas and Proudmoore and HAVE NEVER...EVER..EVER had anything close to what your talking about happen in the last 6 months since I started WOW. granted i didnt play before TBC, so I can only assume that some mass exodus of griefers and leet kiddies must have quit with TBC, cause I dont see any of that stuff in game.

I have never seen server go down outside of maintence,  and since 2.1.1 patch they stopped 99% of all gold spam.

out fo 16 character on both alliance and horde, on 2 servers, of every class, I have never ONCE been told my character looks gay or is gay for having a item.... Its amazing how drastically differnt 2 peoples experiance in supposdly the same game can be.

Leaves me wondering how thats possible...

Miataka (+many sub variation of that)
    ~WoW (Kael'Thas, USA)
    MiaTaka
    ~ RF On-line (Fire Server)
    -Mia- takahashi
    ~SWG (Europe-chimaera)
    Miataki Valeinca
    ~EQ 2 (everfrost)
    MiaTaka Soyinka
    ~Second Life