Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For people thinking about getting this!

2»

Comments

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Originally posted by SBC3

Ok...

lol... I guess you haven't "met" gameloading yet in these forums. What SteveIrwin says is 100% true - though I think gl only pounces on those who criticize the game. He never questions positive feedback.

That said... I and some friends from Lineage II played Archlord for a time. I got to around level 40 before I was bored to tears. They lasted a bit longer and got closer to 60 before they, too, got bored with the game and left.

It's got a nice combination of elements ... It's a little closer to what I wish Lineage II was - PvP with some more emphasis on PvE/Quests. I know that's heresy to some of the more "hardcore PvP", but really, some people do enjoy PvP but also enjoy doing something other than level grinding non-stop, and L2's sparse quests just didn't deliver on that. Sad thing is L2 has some incredibly deep lore to draw from. It was good to see that Archlord went a little more in that direction. But, for us it wasn't enough to keep us there.

One of the major turn-offs to me was just how - to me - ridiculously placed the mobs were. You'd have one type of mob all massed together in a small area... run a little farther, and a completely new kind of mob is all massed together... a little farther beyond that, yet another new type of mob all massed together. It was the most ridiculous arrangement of fauna I've ever seen in a game. It just cried out "I'm a grind game!"

So.. I don't know.. since it's free to play and I've already bought the box, I'll probably check it out again at some point in the future to see how it's progressed, but for what was there when I was playing, it just got too boring for me.

I played L2 my self. From C1 to C4 PTS. I never could keep up with the grind to be in the better sieges. I did enjoy the game until the grind got me down. I'm leaving WOW soon and we are moving. I want cheap entertainment. Eye candy graphics and Lineage 2 style PVP. I'm thinking about trying this one out. So for casual entertainment for about 2-3 months do you think this would be a good choice?

• jerrybluejerryblue Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I will be short - SUX not coz game, coz management. Should be f2p with gameshop. These game goin down same  like Rf-online. Is a good game to test, try few weeks or spend some free time. If you will spend some money on these game  you will realise  that money  ar lost. The publisher keep  these game  out of date, is another comercial game, nothng more. There ar beter games wiht gamepack or f2p with gameshop much beter, and some more coming out these summer: 2Moons, Guild Wars-eye of the north, Pirates of Burning sea...

• eSupporteSupport Member Posts: 36

Hello,

ArchLord is going to be 100% free soon. Maybe more players will start to take a greater interest in this game during the next large patch.

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by eSupport

Hello,
    ArchLord is going to be 100% free soon. Maybe more players will start to take a greater interest in this game during the next large patch.

So you seem to know about the future of AL when will the bugs we have had since Beta be fixed...like the background noise...or the loss of emote sounds.?

Greetings,

They are doing their best to fix the bugs. Thanks to the public who have reported these bugs it will decrease the time needed to fix these bugs. Please, wait for the next large patch that will clear a lot of those bugs. If you still have problems with bugs, please report them with all the details you can provide about them directly to codemasters.

Greetings,
    We are doing our best to fix the bugs. Thanks to the public who have reported these bugs it will increase the time needed to fix these bugs. Please, wait for the next large patch that will clear a lot of those bugs. If you still have problems with bugs, please report them with all the details you can provide about them directly to codemasters.

So the more we report a bug..the longer it takes to fix....that appears to be true...players have been reporting the background noise and lack of emote sound bug for 8+ months. 

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by RyuukoGo

Greetings,
    We are doing our best to fix the bugs. Thanks to the public who have reported these bugs it will increase the time needed to fix these bugs. Please, wait for the next large patch that will clear a lot of those bugs. If you still have problems with bugs, please report them with all the details you can provide about them directly to codemasters.

So the more we report a bug..the longer it takes to fix....that appears to be true...players have been reporting the background noise and lack of emote sound bug for 8+ months. 

Heh, that's why the game's going totally free.

They couldn't dupe enough people to pay the subscriptions when it first came out buggy and it's main feature (the ability to be an Archlord) missing and many other bugs.

Then they couldn't convince enough people to buy the box only with the IT"S FREE!!! (but you have to buy it) campaign.

Now it will be totally free. How many bugs do you really think they're going to fix as a free game that they wouldn't fix when it was a paid game?

• KrymsonSykkeKrymsonSykke Member Posts: 45

This game is not that bad, granted it is not as good as FFXI.  But I will say this it is a good game for being free to play and it helps past the time....

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

esupport is just here for viral marketing thats all. So how much does codemaster pay you to say how good archlord is esupport?

So why dont you tell them what they should look for at upper levels? Oh wait there isnt!!!! Its just grind grind grind and more grind.

My opinion? Ok, well im stating facts. Tell the public here that there is an archlord system already in place and all the features that the gamebox says it have and already in game? Answer me that?

Hello,

Sorry, to see that you are upset. These forums are made for the help of the public and their opinions with the game. Please, keep all posts on topic or they will be deleted.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Greetings,
    This yahoo has just been exposed as a fraud, trying to impersonate Codemasters support.

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1521154#1521154

Hello,

Sorry, for the mistake I did correct my spelling. I never did say I worked for codemasters. All my mistakes are now fixed, so please stop going off topic.

Hello,
    Sorry, for the mistake I did correct my spelling. I never did say I worked for codemasters. All my mistakes are now fixed, so please stop going off topic.

Your first edit you stated us going off topic that our posts will be deleted?

You never did say you worked for CM....but you claim AL will be free to DL?

Do you even play AL?

• KayakoKayako Member Posts: 133

Hello,

Your first edit you stated us going off topic that our posts will be deleted?

You never did say you worked for CM....but you claim AL will be free to DL?

Do you even play AL?

RyuukoGo, there are many download links to get the ArchLord client, however that does not make it free to play the game. You do need to register your CD key with cog accounts in order to play the game.

|ArchLord|
    |Brumhart|
    |Berserker|
    |LvL 7X|

I know it is free to play,I started playing in Beta,I just wonder where is eSupport getting his information from.

I know it is free to play,I started playing in Beta,I just wonder where is eSupport getting his information from.

I strongly think that eSupport was guessing that this one was going to become free in time, because the Korean version became free over time.

|ArchLord|
    |Brumhart|
    |Berserker|
    |LvL 7X|

I want to say this game is a good game besides the fact on how the heck do you kill someone, for some reason I can't get the pk started...I click the player twice so I can attack and nothing...Help anyone out there...Thanks...

In order to fight other players there are a few easy things you have to make sure of

1) You and the player you wish to fight are both over level 15 since you can not fight other players below that level

2) You have to be outside of towns or safe zones(green)

3) In order to fight other players you must hold the ctrl key and double click on the player you wish to fight

4) Killing players who are 4+ levels below you will result in rougue points google that up for ArchLord if you don't know what those are

5) If you do hit the player first and they have no skull by their name you will obtain a purple skull by your name which means anyone can kill you even a level 70 could kill you at level 15 and get away with it. ( Purple skulls last 20 minutes after you hit someone first)

|ArchLord|
    |Brumhart|
    |Berserker|
    |LvL 7X|

Now that makes more sense thank you for the information....

Originally posted by KrymsonSykke

Now that makes more sense thank you for the information....

=)

|ArchLord|
    |Brumhart|
    |Berserker|
    |LvL 7X|