Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it too late?

daqkodaqko Member Posts: 6

Is it too late to start playing EVE Online?

Will it take me too long to catch up?

Will I feel left out?

Did I miss too many events that give special novelty items?

Will I be the only noob?

Comments

• jaharjahar Member Posts: 234

its never too late to try the trial at least.. i did a few months ago, and there were plenty of newer players.. id say give it a go

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by daqko

Is it too late to start playing EVE Online? Never plenty of other new peple to be friends with.
    Will it take me too long to catch up? Will take about 2 months before you are viable
    Will I feel left out? Not really there are plenty of corps formed by those who can still be considered new and the community is generally friendly.
    Did I miss too many events that give special novelty items? No you dont get those in eve you do get events but no novelty items you cant buy off market anyway.
    Will I be the only noob? Hardly we get planty in every month so you will have company.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

I almost forgot to say try the free trial and have a look for yourself.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

It's not too late. Here are some tips:

1. Start playing and focus on isk making (mining, missions)

2. Buy a PVP competetive char with isk made

Problem solved

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

Originally posted by Spiider

It's not too late. Here are some tips:
    1. Start playing and focus on isk making (mining, missions)
    2. Buy a PVP competetive char with isk made
    Problem solved

HAHA witty...not

-- Jean Rostand

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

I started a month ago.

I had an old account but I wanted to start new, with new friends and a new char. I have to say, I do not regret my decision and my character is turning out great.

After completing the Tutorial for a quick memory refresh, I was out doing missions and working some money. By asking good questions, I received solid help and someone even gave me a few millions to jump start my char. (Don't beg though, just do the effort and someone will notice it)

After two weeks, I was able to fit a Cruiser with few a medium drones and 250MM railguns or blasters. This is when I decided to join a corp :)

This is when the real fun begun!

If you do like the game then keep this in mind... the first month, things will be slow and you will have to work on your learning skills. The second month, your character will move from rookie to seasoned and you'll have a good ship.  As soon as you have passed the noob phase, the game will skyu rocket you pretty high.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

I would venture to say that the more seasoned the players are, the more likely they are operating out in the fringe areas (deep 0.0) - when I played most of the empire corps were 'newb' corps (compared to what was out in 0.0).

As they said.. grind out isk.  Grind grind grind grind.  Ground out asteroids.  Grind grind grind.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by daqko

Is it too late to start playing EVE Online?

no

Will it take me too long to catch up?

no

Will I feel left out?

depends on you. 

Did I miss too many events that give special novelty items?

no

Will I be the only noob?

no

Sorry to be so brief... at work

And all these questions have been discussed ad-nauseum in the past... we really need a FAQ

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• solesole Member Posts: 78

It's never to late to start play "EVE-Online"  better late then ever as my Grandma always say.

Contra some belives " skills aint every thing in EVE and you will be able to compete with the veterans

after a while in eve.  If you concentrate on one thing its going to go faster  O in EVE it's your own brain

who deside's if you going to be a good player not skills and the time spend in ingame.

Have fun take a Trial of EVE Online.