Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

races/classes/skills

Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

Are there going to be different skills for the different races for example if you are a asmodian assassin are you going to have different skills then an elyos assasin.

I am also wondering if there are racial traits like an elyos since they are in the light/"holy" part of the world can they clerics heal better or have a better resist to a specific spell

Comments

• ZinraeZinrae Member Posts: 50

We don't know about either of those details yet.

• GadorianGadorian Member Posts: 87

I know few thinks about classes.

1. Warriors   --->   Fighter, Knight

2. Scouts      --->   Ranger, Scout

3. Mages      --->   Wizard, Elementalist

4. Clerics     --->   Priest, Chanter

this classes are for Elyos race. classes for Asmodians are still in developement.

• SwanSongSwanSong Member UncommonPosts: 24

That's true, but it has been mentioned that the Asmodians will have similar, if not the same classes. We don't know nay further detail though.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

It has been stated in a prior interview with the Devs that the classes are going to basically be the same in fundamentals. However, they stated that the names were going to be different for each race. Other than that they didn’t explicate any further on the subject.

I figure it’s pretty safe to assume that one race’s strength is going to be the other race’s weakness. Elyos are a “light” based race… weak to “darkness”... Asmodians are a “dark” based race... weak to “light”. There is game balance to be considered in the construction of the races and classes… neither class can be more powerful than the opposing race’s “equivalent” class, and so on.

But, one thing I’m sure they will do, considering the strong PvP base they are implementing. I’m sure they will make it such that a strong strategy will be needed in order to excel over the other race. Lone rangers will most likely be squashed in the heat of battle… those who exercise strategy and teamwork will prevail.

I’m also confidant that NCsoft will make the differences between the Elyos and the Asmodians more than apparent. You will most likely be able to watch a character in battle and say, “Yup… that’s an Asmodian” without much effort in identification.

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.