Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: June Asset Update

MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

EA/Mythic has sent out their June Asset Update for WAR. We've put up 4 articles included in the update for you to check out:

• Click here to read the class overview for the Knight of the Blazing Sun.
  • Click here to check out an overview of the player armies in WAR.
  • A short beta journal taken from the beta forums can be read here.
  • And finally you can check out an overview of a zone in the game called "Praag".

Thanks to EA/Mythic for supplying us with all of this amazing content for their upcoming game Warhammer Online!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

Can those pictures be confirm as actual in game graphics? If they are wow..

• LeociferLeocifer Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by uoplayer123

Can those pictures be confirm as actual in game graphics? If they are wow..

yeah they're in-game, they released this info awhile ago. You should sign up for the newsletter.. as well as the beeta.

• efrench9efrench9 Member Posts: 10

This game is gonna rule my world, please send my wife some flowers for her long lost husband! lol.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

If I hadn't known better, I would have thought that was Mordheim itself. They got the architecture down BEAUTIFULLY.

• TrentHTrentH Member Posts: 44

My only problem with the graphics are they all seem to make it look like a bunch of short, fat, stubby characters and misc objects (those canons look horrible)... But the architecture I will admit is VERY nice.

• trubbeltrubbel Member Posts: 9

I think the graphics are a bit disappointing actually. Let's not compare it to the graphics of Age of Conan, but even on it's own ground this is just not impressive at all.

Try to keep in mind how the other games look that will be released in 2008!

• gpettgpett Member Posts: 1,105

Looks great! Keep up the good work Mythic!

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736
    Originally posted by trubbel

I think the graphics are a bit disappointing actually. Let's not compare it to the graphics of Age of Conan, but even on it's own ground this is just not impressive at all.

ye if you compare to other games, sure u might be disappointed. But maybe this is your first Warhammer encounter? Imo they are staying true to the warhammer look while not looking too cartoony.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

When they say a short beta story they do mean short...and I don't refer to the dwarves. Oh well. Maybe someday I'll get into the beta too.

• AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726
    Originally posted by Digna

When they say a short beta story they do mean short...and I don't refer to the dwarves. Oh well. Maybe someday I'll get into the beta too.

It's just a small snippet from someone's Beta journal. Anything like that has to be approved by Mythic to be released to the public.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

One thing to notice about the graphics is that there's no environmental shadows, and the proper lighting tool isn't in place.  I really like the idea of putting people's experiences from beta out there.  It really lets you know what people actually have to say about the beta.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Originally posted by Kane

If I hadn't known better, I would have thought that was Mordheim itself. They got the architecture down BEAUTIFULLY.

Yeah the Empire architecture is gorgeous.  I like this example too:

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/images/screenshots/SS0507_03.jpg

The look of  WAR is certainly something new for people who haven't previously seen the Warhammer world.  Some people have a little trouble grasping it at first because it's such a unique mix of grim medieval with epic fantasy with humorous strangeness. 

Also these graphics have to be able to be supported during the large-scale battles that Mythic has planned.    I'm looking forward to seeing a line of Empire Knights charging up a hill - then getting annihilated by a WAAAGH! of greenskins :)

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

This is the architecture I can't wait to see.  Hopefully soon.

If this is just a small sample of the Chaos Architecture, that's going to be a seriously messed up place to walk around in.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• PoldanoPoldano Member Posts: 244

(Troll warning!)

So, if they are mounted, will Knights of the Blazing Sun be called Knights of the Blazing Saddle?

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Originally posted by trubbel

Err Talk about a Noobish post 

That was PRE ALPHA footage  Nextt ime learn reading comprehension before you post.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand