Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some advice for a new player please...random questions

mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

OK, so I am a HUGE MMO freak, and have played about, and maxed about, almost everything there is on the market, and Im in all big up and coming betas. That being said, I was really looking forward to Sword of the new world, but when it went live last week the community just is not there.. theres no one around! nobody talks, etc.... so, looking forward and wanting something to really give me some enjoyment, no only now, but for the next 3 months, 9 months, hell, as long as its fun! That being said...

I tried EQ2 a long time ago with some friends from work. It was OK, but the graphics didnt do it for me, the lag was bad (even on an awesome system) and the community was.. well.. childish. Sometimes even worse than WoW. I have heard that the community has gotten a lot better though. My toon is only in his 20's, so a question I pose is this: Whats the time involvement? I mena, I can play 10 hrs a day right now if I want to, but when AoC and GnH come out, Im going to be spreading that time amoung 2, 3, maybe even 4 games. Is it really worth it for me to come back and play EQ2 now? Am I going to be able to put enough time into this game AFTER the next gen MMO's release to advance appropriately and with good pace?

Also anothe rquestion I have, from mid 20's, how long realistically do I need to hit lvl cap from now? In wow, I could get to 70 in 2 weeks.. here, I have no clue. Ideas? Thanks in advance. Also, any other input you guys have would be wonderful.

Comments

• LunaniLunani Member Posts: 15

EQ2 has much improved since the early days. lag is not nearly as bad as it used to be. it's definately worth another try.

even with only 1 or 2 hours a day you'll see an advancement.

hard to say how long it takes to get to lvl 70. do you prefer solo or grouping?, do you have some higher level friend to help you?, do you prefer questing or just killing mobs?

however, you should be able to get to the level cap (or very close) before the next expansion in novmeber goes live.

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Thanks alot for the reply. I dont prefer one playstyle to anothe necessarily, I enjoy soloing as well as gouping equally. I dont really have any high lvl friends to run me through things, and quite frankly dont have many friends at all as far as this game goes. Starting over on a  new server is something I would consider doing, if I can get the support around me that would get me to where I need to be.

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

At level 20 or so you are really not that far into the game yet, so I would suggest you consider a new toon. There are new race choices  in the game, including the Fae and Froglocks (who might have not been unlocked when you played last time).

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how different the game is from release, and how far it has come.

Good luck.

user