Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To: Blizzard, From: Grateful MMO'er

13»

Comments

• aleiphoaleipho Member Posts: 6

wow ,  you can just go on and on and on cant yas?

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Had there only been a decent balance between PvE and PvP, I woulkd've signed here.
    But I will say I'm thankful for what Blizzard has done to the market,
    nowadays devs don't get away with half-arsed excuses and solutions.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• LilianeLiliane Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Shiineko

People will usually get bored with PvE much faster than they would with PvP.

Just trying to correct this wrong information.

You should write PvP people will usually get bored with PvE faster than they would with PvP. I'm pretty sure people who are more about being PvE player will get bored to PvP faster than PvE. So it's more about what You like to do,  than the playing style. Also way too many mmorps starts with PvE first and then PvP style, what could make it look like it too.

PS: Example I'm pure PvE player, so I don't get bored to PvE faster, because I'm bored to PvP even before I start it. Simply sayed as in my case, I don't even understand why someone would want to PvP. Maybe it's because I don't  understand reason why people need to be competive or have adrenalin rush. Of cause this is just me and I'm pretty rare case as most players like both playing styles.

MMORPG.COM has worst forum editor ever exists

• dcb7774dcb7774 Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Recant

I suppose it's funnier to believe that, so by all means, believe it.   If you're having trouble or silly stuff like 'fact' (lolz) is getting in the way, here's something to make it easier: link

HAHA!  Now that was truly amusing, especially the sponsor.

Oh and as for pointing out your typo, let me explain as you may have missed that one too.  If you're going to get on your high horse, you best be sure it's a stallion, not some flea-bitten nag.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

Originally posted by dcb7774

Originally posted by Recant

I suppose it's funnier to believe that, so by all means, believe it.   If you're having trouble or silly stuff like 'fact' (lolz) is getting in the way, here's something to make it easier: link

HAHA!  Now that was truly amusing, especially the sponsor.

Oh and as for pointing out your typo, let me explain as you may have missed that one too.  If you're going to get on your high horse, you best be sure it's a stallion, not some flea-bitten nag.

I believe it was the OP that, by belittling WoW players, thanking Blizzard for keeping them out of his game, and feigning concern that WoW was losing players was on a high horse.  Though it might have been a donkey, or maybe a soon-to-be-cancelled car from Auto Assault, or some poncey form transporation anyway...

Lets call it a horse for simplicity's sake.  Perhaps I am on a high horse, but only after pushing the owner off into a pile of horsesh*t, and riding off into the sunset, whistling the Stormwind City music.

Neiiihhghh!!

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• dcb7774dcb7774 Member Posts: 78

Now that brought a smile to my face!  Cheers Recant, have one on me.  

• LucifrankLucifrank Member Posts: 355

If these people are enjoying the games they are playing so much, you'd think they'd have better things to do than try to put down other people's good time, whether it's WoW, LoTRO, or pinochle. At the end of the day if you're enjoying your personal experience, why the hell would you care how many subs a game has and all that goofy stuff? It just reeks of severe immaturity and insecurity, the old "my dad can beat up your dad" syndrome that kids act out on kindergarten playgrounds. It's childish and accomplishes nothing.

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

Even though it seems that WOW is an idiot-sponge for the whole genre, that's really not the case. I don't have numbers to back this up, but my guess is that most WOW players are long time Blizzard fans. Blizzard didn't absorb idiots from other MMOs, they brought their own

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130

OMFG, price reduction...$10? Where?! This cannot be hapening! 

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

tell me this.  what do you do when you reach lvl 70?  the SAME THING you do at lvl 60 minus the quests. raiding and pvp are the only thing you do at lvl 70. raiding takes 5 hours to complete which is ridiculous. i could watch a movie, go bowling, eat some lunch or dinner depending on the time, then go chill at one of my friends house in the same amount of time one person can do a raid on wow. what else is there to do pvp? too bad pvp is the worst in wow. everyone jumps around like retards hoping there random swings of their weapons will hit. and to top it all up you can already know who won the match before the match even starts. whoever has the better equipment (which requires you to spend a great deal of time to get) will win. oh wait i forgot about crafting. all this does is make some things so you can sell them to other players.  but once you have all the good stuff its pointless to keep selling so it looses its use.

now on to your points (what there is more? why yes).  its addictive because it sucks the life right out of you. you have to spenda great deal of time on the game to get the most out of it. the graphics are cartoony which in my opinion isnt good. you still have the monthly fee to worry about. wow has a really bad community.  half the conversations come from how random the kids on the game can be (either somethign sexual or somthing stupid). the other half is about either arguin about the game or gloating about the game.

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by ASmith84
    everyone jumps around like retards hoping there random swings of their weapons will hit.

omg finally someone who agrees.

This is my biggest complaint with not just wow but all wasd games. Combat involves jumping around swinging wildly and landing crazy hits even though your target wasn't anywhere near your swing and you were doing a backwards double reverse 180-degree somersault at the time, EVERY TIME.

It looks unrealistic, stupid, corny, fake, lame, outlandish, cartoonish, ridiculous, laughable, etc. and so immediately severs your anchor of immersion. And it is frustrating because there is little to no connection between where your target is and where to swing your sword. You're too busy running around bouncing off walls like a manic mental patient even when wearing enough full plate to weigh down an elephant because otherwise you'll be killed by those who do.