Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a good mmorpg

CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119

Hiya people, its just that i want a good mmorpg to play with...I dont want fancy graphics cause my computer is just enough to handle something like ragnarok online...

i'm looking for mmorpg with this:

BIG, LARGE world

various hunting grounds

team working(parties that can share exp maybe?)

Various choices of classes(race,vocation, etc)

guilds/clans

Not all empty-headed action, i want some peace and quiet time too, chatting with my friends

maybe some pvp action, looting, thieving

just MAYBE not losing so much when i die..i hate that

this is enough for me, i just want a nice mmorpg to settle down with, get some friends and a clan, go hunting with them...thx

o yea, i like fantasy mmorpg if it doesnt ask for too muchimage

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    DAoC would be my best guess concerning your criteria. It ran fairly well with low GFX settings on my old 733mhz. And PvP is optional. Lots of guilds to choose from. Fairly big world, many mobs.

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    I'd also recommend DAoC, that is a really great game! But if your computer can just barely run Ragnarok I don't know if you can run DAoC, cause it does need at least a half decent graphics card...  Unfortunately there aren't a huge number of good MMORPGs out there that don't need at least a decent video card...

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119
    not barely...it can run ragnarok smoothly, but i think it'll have trouble with games with very fancy graphics that everyone's talking about in this site

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458
    I'd have to offer Lineage. It meets probably only about 75% of the criteria you want, but it's still a great game nonetheless, and has the 2.5D graphics of Ragnarok.

-Machiavelli

• crazytncrazytn Member Posts: 19

I would check out Mir3 if u are starting a new game. Because u will be behind if u join all the other games. Mir 3 will prob go open beta in a month or 2.

+ its the game u are looking for.

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119
    you mean mir as in legend of mir?

• cerebrate3cerebrate3 Member Posts: 11

I use to play game called runescape thats pretty fun. The fun thing about it is its economy. There some quests to do that are sort of fun.

• super_mesuper_me Member Posts: 18
    can sum1 tell me of a free mmorpg just like discribed at the top

that is the same as dicribed on the first post

thxsimage

• Wicked_EdgeWicked_Edge Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by super_me
    can sum1 tell me of a free mmorpg just like discribed at the top
    that is the same as dicribed on the first post
    thxsimage

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/15858/setstart/1/loadclass/35

::::28::

---------------------------------
    UO - 4 years
    AC - 2 years
    AC2 - 6 months
    DaOC - 1 month
    FFXI - 6 months
    Diablo2 - 6 months
    Shadowbane - Beta tested
    Lineage2 - Beta tested
    mmoRPG'er since October 1997

---------------------------------
    UO - 4 years
    AC - 2 years
    AC2 - 6 months
    DAoC - 1 month
    FFXI - 7 months
    Diablo2 - 9 months
    Shadowbane - Beta Tested
    Lineage2 - Beta Tested
    Saga of Ryzom - Beta Tested
    Risk Your Life - Beta Tested
    World of Warcraft - Currently Playing
    mmoRPG'er since October 1997

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    SoR (Saga of ryzom)
    This weekend all the servers are open for public..

• codecode Member Posts: 95

yea he does mean Legend of mir 3

http://www.totalformat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127--------> the official forums for now

• acdc546acdc546 Member Posts: 6

hey could you give me the site for DAoC ?

you make it sound like a kinda good game.

thnx

• maileezmaileez Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Celdain

Hiya people, its just that i want a good mmorpg to play with...I dont want fancy graphics cause my computer is just enough to handle something like ragnarok online...
    i'm looking for mmorpg with this:
    BIG, LARGE world
    various hunting grounds
    team working(parties that can share exp maybe?)
    Various choices of classes(race,vocation, etc)
    guilds/clans
    Not all empty-headed action, i want some peace and quiet time too, chatting with my friends
    maybe some pvp action, looting, thieving
    just MAYBE not losing so much when i die..i hate that
    this is enough for me, i just want a nice mmorpg to settle down with, get some friends and a clan, go hunting with them...thx
    o yea, i like fantasy mmorpg if it doesnt ask for too muchimage

OMG.. all that you have said is right here in this game..www.ryl.netimageimageimage

its called RYL: Path of the Emperor. it's a pvp online game with BIG world, various hunting grounds, team workings(parties that can share exp maybe?), various choices of classes(race,vocation, etc), guilds/clans & not all empty-headed action! you could also chat with your friends & revive to this game easily..imageimageimage

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by acdc546

thnx

You realize the last person to post before you did it 9 months ago...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by Anofalye
    thnxYou realize the last person to post before you did it 9 months ago...

Lol............how did he manage to find a post so old by the way? ::::03::

lol i didnt even notice that

<-------it does say novice member though and its not lyin

• Robot-SRobot-S Member Posts: 3
    I would recomend World of Warcraft. I know alot of people have been beating it sensless but it has all the criteria your looking for. The world is expansive and is filled with quest that involve grouping up with other players. I'd personally recomend the PVP servers but if thats not what your looking for then i guess PVE is good too. I just cant immagine the game without PVP though image.  As for lossing items when you die, in this game you wont. The only thing you can lose is durability on your items which can easily be repaired. Another great factor is when you die from a player of the oposite faction you do not lose durability on your items. image From one player to another I'd highly recomend this game.
  • robin2d0robin2d0 Member Posts: 7

well, runescape has the most of those things, except that you lose much, but it is FREE!!! and who doesnt want that!

• blazekblazek Member Posts: 10
    Try The 4th coming the only thing it dose'nt have is classes try it out plus its free

xrated

• KrimBladeKrimBlade Member Posts: 27

I'm gonna say Lineage 2 on this one.  If you don't mind the grind you could find this game quite enjoyable.  There is some grieving in the beggining but that stops after you lvl.  Also the castle sieges offer large scale clan/alliance PvP and can be very fun.

A word of advise...stay away from WoW.  That game has almost no content after after a month and the PvP is horrible.

• Scarface77Scarface77 Member Posts: 2
    ya play runescape... the ecnomy is fasanating i dont know how it runs so smoothly and it is free unless u wanna be a mebmer that cost 5bucks a month.it has constant updates and very friendly ppl.. the graphics arent the best but its very good

runescape sux you cant do anything you just sit around and levelin up is dumb and the quests are gay

overall it is PoInTlEsS
    ::::07::

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

runescape sux you cant do anything you just sit around and levelin up is dumb and the quests are gay
    overall it is PoInTlEsS
    ::::07::

The question is... What isn't pointless?

• Dark_MageDark_Mage Member Posts: 35
    I can recommend The Matrix Online and RYL: Path of the Emperor (www.ryl.net) Im new in playing RYL but im having a blast and really enjoying playing this game... imageimage Matrix.. well it's for you to see... thats all..

Been there, Done that!!!

::::37::::::37::that is a good question

but runescape is the worst of the pointless games