Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weapon Upgrade questions

KryogenicKryogenic Member Posts: 663

I read that lvl 1 weapons are safe up to +7.

What happens if you try to upgrade a weapon past +7 and you fail?

I went through alot of stuff to become a Gunslinger and get my Six Shooters. I don't want them to be broken or screwed up so I can't use them.

What happens?

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

The weapon is destroyed forever.  I have lost lots of weapons to overupgrading.  Luckily its about a 25% success rate each try passed the safe limit..

Making a +10 level 1 weapon is completely feasible, but for rarer weapons and armor I usually won't increase them passed the safe limit.

Whatever you do, don't try to upgrade passed its safe limits if you cannot replace the weapon.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Originally posted by Kryogenic

I read that lvl 1 weapons are safe up to +7.
    What happens if you try to upgrade a weapon past +7 and you fail?
    I went through alot of stuff to become a Gunslinger and get my Six Shooters. I don't want them to be broken or screwed up so I can't use them.
    What happens?

Weapon gets destroyed along with all the ingredients you used to upgrade the weapon (no you don't get any refunds of anything). An overupgraded weapon is rare indeed and a Tier 1 +10 weapon can sell for several hundreds of thousands of zeny. A tier 3 +10 is almost unheard of and if ever any are up for sale they probably go for about 50 million or more zeny (this is based on iRO price). People who posses such rare weapons would most likely trade for other rare goods/weapon instead of money. A safer and less expensive approach is to buy "elemental" weapons instead and then upgrade it to their safety limit... use a mob's elemental weakness to your advantage.

Also note that +7 safety limit is for Tier 1 weapons, For Tier 2 weapons the safety is around +6 for Tier 3 and Tier 4 is about +5. Armor can also be upgraded which improves its armor class rating..the safety limit for armor is +3 I think if I remember (I haven't played RO for like 3 years).

http://iro.snipah.com/ can give you an idea of the pricing of items. This database is updated pretty frequently (once every few hours).