Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Diablo

Zech4Zech4 Member Posts: 80
Im a HUGE Diablo fan and i always will be....and i was thinking why would blizzard make World of Warcraft over World of Diablo?

Diablo 2 is their best selling game with over 15 million copies plus i think it would have been better suited for a MMO.  I mean dont get me wrong id much rather have a Diablo 3 then a WoD but im just saying i think WoD could have been better than WoW because it seems to work out better,

I know all these Warcraft fans and WoW fans will say im wrong and stuff but its all just a thought while i sit here and wait for D3.

any thought?

Comments

• Zech4Zech4 Member Posts: 80
    Also ive heard rumors that D3 Might be announced at blizzcon this year!
  • GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    Diablo was all about the players against the Demons.  This would have made for bad pvp (see LOTRO). 

Warcraft is better suited for pvp, lore wise.  That’s my guess. 
  • DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174
    it seems there is a wide spreaded rumor that blizz will present a d3 at blizzcon

what is official is that there will be a diablo movie ;)
  • PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Member Posts: 80
    dont worry they will make abother diablo.Becuase they will be absoultly rolling in it once starcraft and D3 comes out.
  • area84area84 Member Posts: 335
    I dont know if its just me but there is ALOT of Diablo in WoW, its like Diablo setting with a Warcraft theme.

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    well either way they are not regretting it since wow has made them billions

My blog: image

• CroseCrose Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by PvtCaboose

dont worry they will make abother diablo.Becuase they will be absoultly rolling in it once starcraft and D3 comes out.
    They're absolutely rolling it in right now with WoW.  They're making so much cash that when you look at how much new content they release for WoW compared to MUCH less profitable games like EQII or LOTRO, it just pisses you off.
  • RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396
    Your absolutely right WoW is the best selling MMO out right now with tons of subscribers and tons of merch out like hats and shirts and cards etc

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by area84

I dont know if its just me but there is ALOT of Diablo in WoW, its like Diablo setting with a Warcraft theme.

It's not just you ....

Originally posted by therain93

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1223483#1223483

Exactly how would a Diablo mmorpg be that different from World of Warcraft?

• The assassin class was effectlivey translated straight over to WoW as the Rogue class.
    • The Diablo skill system is WoW talents.
    • The demonic other-worldly atmosphere is largely the Undead lands in WoW.
    • Armor sets are employed in WoW.
    • Jewel/Gem socketing is now used in WoW.

At this time about the only things that are unique to the Diablo franchise are henchmen, javelins and corpse explosion.  I just don't see how they could justify translating it to an mmorpg over starcraft or creating a new IP.

• PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Member Posts: 80
    just saying starcraft 2 and D3 will probaly both sell 10 million copies, adding wow's income WOW
  • ThefonzThefonz Member Posts: 280
    I would love to see a D3 come out, but will it be the same as the first two? Since Blizzard North disbanded I don't think the regular Blizzard will have that same tuition to make it similar two the other games.  Apart from that if you want to see a game that the old devs from Blizzard North are making you should check out Hell Gate: London.
  • LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Originally posted by Zech4

Also ive heard rumors that D3 Might be announced at blizzcon this year!
    It will.

I think the reason why they made Warcraft over diablo is to see how many subs they can get with a T rated game remember they have 2 more games coming out this year a brand new game and a MMO I am sure Diablo 3 and this brand new game will be the MMO.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• Matador8Matador8 Member Posts: 11

Lol i like Diablo 1 and 2 but i just did not like how they focus more on WoW and left starcraft and diablo in the dust.

but finaly they are making Starcraft 2 and if they make a Diablo3 that would be awsome......lol World of Diablo would be fine too

lol Just no monthly fees

• thew1ckedthew1cked Member Posts: 3

I think they're just collecting as much money as they can with World of Warcraft and then they'll launch D3

Thats my opinion :D

• peacemaker41peacemaker41 Member Posts: 3

Im sure they would try making a diablo mmo but i doubt they'd call it "world of diablo" because that sounds pretty tacky. But if they're going to make such a game they really need to put alot more work into it then they did for WoW. WoW was too redundant

• TouchyTouchy Member Posts: 10

A Diablo 3 MMO would be incredible, the only thing that I would not like is the PvP.  The thing I liked about WoW so much was the alliance vs. horde good vs. evil factor.  Running into a BG against a mortal enemy was great instead of a duel against a guildmate.  I don't know how they could implement another "nation" unless they did a KOTOR type system, where the choices you make side you as either dark or light.  Good crafting, pvp,  and a good story line (How is Diablo going to come back AGAIN) will make the game for me.  Another factor, I was 7 years old when I started playing Diablo, it was my first computer game and I remember feeling like a hero and sometimes i was scared shitless when playing.  I want that feeling back.  To be the best MMO ever, I think it needs the strong diablo storyline and all the implements of a great MMO

-good combat animation, skills customization

-crafting

-PvP

-lots of item sets

-great guild system, guild or player housing

-lots of social things to create unique characters

-great cinematics

Bring on Diablo 3!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "Holy Shit...WHAT A RIDE!!"

• SolanarSolanar Member UncommonPosts: 188

starcraft 2 > diablo 3 > WoW.

older games have there places, these are just the recentest ones. (no it's a word, no i don't care)

?played: Nearly everything.
    ?waiting: *Darkfall*, Hero''s Journey

• ShinvarnShinvarn Member Posts: 13

When originally reading the WOW stuff pre launch all those years ago it was stated at one point that a MMO on a more adult theme based around the Diablo series, however since the WOW success nothing more has been mentioned about this title, who knows it may be one they are keeping in the bag for when WOW finally dips in sales.

Have looked for the link to the old sites for pre WOW launch but have never re found the original spread.

• GenoknightGenoknight Member Posts: 156

THERE making a new Diablo it's called Hellgate London(Cept London looks kicka$$ with fps)

• GenoknightGenoknight Member Posts: 156

just saying starcraft 2 and D3 will probaly both sell 10 million copies, adding wow's income WOW

I don't think that Blizzard will take all there profit from SC2 and D3 ( if they make D3) and just pour it all into WoW they'd probly use it to pay the bill get a nice coffe machine and update the games so there even better.

• GuliniasGulinias Member Posts: 18

I am of the opinion that WOW is one of the worst mmos I have played that I got interested in. My time  spent in UO and DAOC is 3 to 5 times more. It is a lot of flash and not as much dash. I am now playing LOTRO and I imagine I can get the same year out of it that i got out of WOW if not more, WoW pvp was sad after DAOC pvp or even the original UO.  I am sure LOTRO may not be awesome but it does not have that far to go to beat it. ( yes I played all the pvp in WoW and though it was fun it was not something that even compared to DAOC. The one mmo I liked that I would have spent more time with than Wow was EQ2 but that did not happen due to real life. I am never ever tempted to re install WoW and play and I mean never. I think GW  would have been fun if I had started in the beginning but it does lack some depth in y opinion.

• Spiral1Spiral1 Member Posts: 1

We need World of Starcraft. Make it a MMOFPS a la Planetside. Imagine raiding a Zerg Lair with your Terran guild and setting explosives or commanding a Protoss Carrier. Or running around as a Dragoon, driving a Siege Tank, and retaking an abandoned, Zerg-infested Battlecruiser.

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

I would love this to happen but it wont lol (atleast for a really long time)

With blizzard keeping up WOW they have will have no time or energy for a diablo mmo they want to keep updating WOW and make it fun. I ahbe heard of D3 though and im very excited.

• zoelindlezoelindle Member Posts: 1

Yeah, they've already got a lot from the previous games.

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Gulinias

I am of the opinion that WOW is one of the worst mmos I have played that I got interested in. My time  spent in UO and DAOC is 3 to 5 times more. It is a lot of flash and not as much dash. I am now playing LOTRO and I imagine I can get the same year out of it that i got out of WOW if not more, WoW pvp was sad after DAOC pvp or even the original UO.  I am sure LOTRO may not be awesome but it does not have that far to go to beat it. ( yes I played all the pvp in WoW and though it was fun it was not something that even compared to DAOC. The one mmo I liked that I would have spent more time with than Wow was EQ2 but that did not happen due to real life. I am never ever tempted to re install WoW and play and I mean never. I think GW  would have been fun if I had started in the beginning but it does lack some depth in y opinion.

I though this was a a thread about "D3" and now what you like or dislike.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.