Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone tell me what a good class for pwning is

elderadoelderado Member Posts: 21

im a mage...in azgalor

Frost mage

and i usauuly get pwned by ppl

mostly Warriors/Shadow priest/Paladins

so whats a good class to be can someone help me out

party with me or something

Comments

• miatakamiataka Member Posts: 232

It will break your heart but, there is no Pwn class in WOW, that is something you find in othe rgames, no matter what class you play any other class will be able to take you in PVP if you have a decent geared player that has a template that matchs there playstyle.

Its one of the saving graces of WOW. there is no I win button, no JEDI class... everyone DIES in pvp

Miataka (+many sub variation of that)
    ~WoW (Kael'Thas, USA)
    MiaTaka
    ~ RF On-line (Fire Server)
    -Mia- takahashi
    ~SWG (Europe-chimaera)
    Miataki Valeinca
    ~EQ 2 (everfrost)
    MiaTaka Soyinka
    ~Second Life

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Frost mage is mostly a PvE spec.

It has great surviviability and lot of tricks to escape and get distance. none of which matters in a pvp fight as you can freeze one guy and get blasted by the next.

To be succesful in pvp as a mage, you need to do the most anount of damage in the least possible time and I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, that a Fire spec will do way faster than a frost one.

As for other classes, WoW is not immune to the "Flavof of the month" syndrome as changes are made to the classes and the balance shifts... however, I've still to find one class that can beat all others. Every class has counters and it is stronger against some and weaker against others.

If then you take in consideration factors as gear and talent specs, the combinations become quite big and it becomes quite impossible to find THE class that would always win in pvp... and that's because they ain't one.

Current FOTM classes seems to be Warlocks, hunters (beast master with the new immune to every CC talent) and rogues with the new high level abilities to remove dots, debuffs and insta transport them behind you.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• miatakamiataka Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by Volkmar

It has great surviviability and lot of tricks to escape and get distance. none of which matters in a pvp fight as you can freeze one guy and get blasted by the next.
    To be succesful in pvp as a mage, you need to do the most anount of damage in the least possible time and I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, that a Fire spec will do way faster than a frost one.
    As for other classes, WoW is not immune to the "Flavof of the month" syndrome as changes are made to the classes and the balance shifts... however, I've still to find one class that can beat all others. Every class has counters and it is stronger against some and weaker against others.
    If then you take in consideration factors as gear and talent specs, the combinations become quite big and it becomes quite impossible to find THE class that would always win in pvp... and that's because they ain't one.
    Current FOTM classes seems to be Warlocks, hunters (beast master with the new immune to every CC talent) and rogues with the new high level abilities to remove dots, debuffs and insta transport them behind you.

lol yeah and it depends on what level range as well, Cause with the bracket I have the most fun with right now is the 29 bracket. Its seems the most raw level of combat. Its before hunter have Flare, before druids have travel, before ALL classes have mounts, before rogues have shadow step and blind. and cant even think of the stuff mages priests and locks are missing out at this point.

To me I see it as a really fun well rounded level. the 49 group but can be really really fast deaths LOL. Over all every class has strengths, its wiether or not a player focuses on those and uses them.

Miataka (+many sub variation of that)
    ~WoW (Kael'Thas, USA)
    MiaTaka
    ~ RF On-line (Fire Server)
    -Mia- takahashi
    ~SWG (Europe-chimaera)
    Miataki Valeinca
    ~EQ 2 (everfrost)
    MiaTaka Soyinka
    ~Second Life

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

No class pawns. Good players pawn. Good gear pawns.

And if you can't beat a pala with a frost mage, the problem isn't your class. It's you.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Completely and utterly wrong. Frost is a pvp spec - defences are absolutely essential for pvp. And if you get attacked by multiple opponents, or a stealthed class, then iceblock will save you, whilst a fire mage will just die. Frost is also great for kiting, which is essential to beat any melee opponent. It's worse against warlocks, but they'll kill you no matter what your spec is. It's also pretty good for soloing and AoE grinding.

However for group PvE, fire > frost. Most frost mages I've seen will come 3rd or fourth on damage done in a five man instance, whilst a decent fire mage should be consistently first or second. Why do you need all those defences when you have a decent tank standing in front of you and you know how to manage your aggro? Fire also works for solo pve. Instead of AoE grinding you will just one or two shot all your opponents.

• PixelzptlkPixelzptlk Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Antipathy

And if you can't beat a pala with a frost mage, the problem isn't your class. It's you.

While I agree with your post below for the most part,  I'd say if you cant beat any spec mage with a Pally, you arent playing your pally correctly. As Pally, I would much rather face a well played Frost mage than a well played 'lock or Shadow Priest...

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

What? You play frost mage and are asking this? Wow, you are playing a pwn class dude - with the right frost spec (and I hate frost being a huge raiding pve style fan)  you could own many. There is however always going to be a class that can whip ya. I imagine if I wanted to pvp a lot I would pick a warlock though.

Edit: Some frost strat - if you are loosing a pvp against a single target make sure you are summoning pet and iceblocking - the pet can usually finish em. 

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Well there is really no class thats pwn.

Tho there is one class who is above every other class, warlock and its fearing + dotting you to your death , unless you face a undead rogue, then you will have some trouble.

Else a fire mage wouldnt really hurt, its sick for single target damage.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

for world pvp and grief madness... undead rogue all teh way 

• GurtelroseGurtelrose Member Posts: 191

Rogue, no doubt. For horde pick;

• Undead Rogue
    • Will of Forsaken 
    • Cannibalize

Alliance choice would be;

• Dwarf Rogue
    • Stoneform

Spoils of War - The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.

• PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by Gurtelrose

Undead Rogue
    Will of Forsaken 
    Cannibalize

Dwarf Rogue
    Stoneform

Nah, gnomes have Escape Artist which will constantly get you out of sticky situations. In addition, gnomes have +15 to engineering which lets them use gear available only to them at specific levels [within the battlegrounds] because of this, so I would say they're the best rogue choice on the Alliance side. Plus, they're tiny - thus harder to spot!

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

frost mages are one of the best pvp class/spec there is, if you dont have enough skills with a frost mage to be effective on pvp, then i dont know what to tell you.

it does take a competent player to be good with a mage, you might want to try reading some player made guides to help you with your game.

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by miataka

It will break your heart but, there is no Pwn class in WOW, that is something you find in othe rgames, no matter what class you play any other class will be able to take you in PVP if you have a decent geared player that has a template that matchs there playstyle.

Its one of the saving graces of WOW. there is no I win button, no JEDI class... everyone DIES in pvp
      Hey, hey hey... shhh /pat

We don't speak of those things anymore... a banned word.. otherwise we get hounds from the depths of a three lettered company scratching at our doors.. /pat

Don't wake them.. lol

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

dude trust me, it takes time and effort to be good, iv come across guys in the best gear and slaughter them as if they were in greens...

instead of concentrating so much on getting gear, when u join a battleground or are doing world pvp, think of it as chess, try and determine wat move ur opponent will be making next, learn to counter there attacks and find ways to stop them from doing certain attacks, once uv achieved this u will become a worthy oponent

• RizlawRizlaw Member UncommonPosts: 150

No class pwns. But give a undead rogue a try!

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Hunter, mage, warlock.

How do you get pwned being a mage? You have like 30 ways to gain range.

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114

Seriously saying that frost mage is mostly a pve spec really says that you don't know much about the mage class!. I know someone has already really replied to this but its just  such a ludicrous statement.

• WagonerWagoner Member UncommonPosts: 92

Warlock plain and simple.

• GurtelroseGurtelrose Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by Thorsnes

Originally posted by Gurtelrose

Undead Rogue
    Will of Forsaken 
    Cannibalize

Dwarf Rogue
    Stoneform

Nah, gnomes have Escape Artist which will constantly get you out of sticky situations. In addition, gnomes have +15 to engineering which lets them use gear available only to them at specific levels [within the battlegrounds] because of this, so I would say they're the best rogue choice on the Alliance side. Plus, they're tiny - thus harder to spot!

True, I complete forgot the Gnomes "Escape Artist" ability which also is highly favour.  But I would stick with a Undead Rogue for my first choice.

Spoils of War - The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.

• maledicta777maledicta777 Member Posts: 95

I have to agree that Rogue, and Undead, is the way to go.  They gripe on the WoW forums when they can't kill two people at the same time, and then usually get their abilities buffed in each patch, while other classes get their powers hacked vs. Rogues.  It is for this reason that I am guessing that most of the people who made WoW and still code for it play an Undead Rogue. 

- Mal

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

WoW is a game of paper/rock/scissors

Certain classes are just better and killing other classes, worse at killing others

However, they game has been balanced so anything is possible, if you are a good player and well geared, you can win any one on one fight.

Frost mage is good for utility PVP, lots of slows and stuns and whatnot, but the real damage of the mage class is in the Fire tree.

• Originally posted by heerobya

WoW is a game of paper/rock/scissors
    Certain classes are just better and killing other classes, worse at killing others
    However, they game has been balanced so anything is possible, if you are a good player and well geared, you can win any one on one fight.
    Frost mage is good for utility PVP, lots of slows and stuns and whatnot, but the real damage of the mage class is in the Fire tree.

You are thinking on World of Warcraft Roguecraft - Balance (Rock, Scissors and Paper)

Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWeWMKfa3g&mode=related&search=

maybe a bit outdated now

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130

I'm a DPS Warrior. My DEF can be a bit of a bugger sometimes but then again I still need some more practice, till I get to own, but I'm not complaining about my build, always an asset in raids, and BGs.

• laleblaleb Member Posts: 215

Warlock or rogue.