Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Screenshots, Concept Art & Fansite Kit

RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Several updates have landed on the official Everquest II site for our enjoyment:

Twelve new screenshots have been added to the screenshot gallery, you can check them out by clicking here.

To give us a taste of things to come twelve new pieces of concept art have also been added here.

And if you're interested in starting up an Everquest II fansite you can give your site an official look with the new Everquest II fan site kit!  Add goodies that include logos, gorgeous in-game screenshots, artist concept work, wallpapers and more!

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Comments

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

What the hell is this thing in the bottom left picture of this page?

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/#mediaConceptArt

Looks like a giant turd with spikes and a mouth. image

Testing Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: Saga of Ryzom + Risk Your Life
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• VITAMADNESSVITAMADNESS Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by Ominis

What the hell is this thing in the bottom left picture of this page?
    http://everquest2.station.sony.com/#mediaConceptArt
    Looks like a giant turd with spikes and a mouth. image

Testing Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: Saga of Ryzom + Risk Your Life
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Hehe good question!  Maybe the new mobs for those "floating sperm with teeth" things from Everquest in Skyfire?  I forget the name of them off the top of my head...but they were strange to me and others in EQ and that is the only mob I remember in everquest that they remind me of ..image

On a side note, I am glad they finally got the fansite kit done, but wish it was a bit earlier as I finally got my EQ 2 guild site done just over a week ago (ie before the fansite kit), though looking at the kit, the only thing I may have used anyway is the news feed which is pretty nice and I am workng on finding a spot for it on my site image 

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond

Playing: City of Heros, EQ

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, WoW Stress Test

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond, City of Heros, EQ

Playing: WAITING FOR WOW and EQ 2

• HammerfelHammerfel Member Posts: 9
    What else would you like in the Fan Site Kit?

Nathan Pearce
    Director of Web Presence
    Sony Online Entertainment

Nathan Pearce
    Director of Skunkworks

Originally posted by Hammerfel
    What else would you like in the Fan Site Kit?

Nathan Pearce
    Director of Web Presence

Wow cool...didn't think someone from SoE would see this!

I think the fansite kit is great for someone that hasn't made a site yet. It has some great items in it. I am personally going to see if I can fit the newsfeed in somewhere.

I do have suggestions for some additions image

Most all of us hobby web-admins use a php based website. Me personally, I use www.phpbb.com. I would think a polished theme would be great for fansite kits. There just are not many fantasy based theme out there for these and creating / manipulating graphics for these sites is not real easy and I know most people just use some fairly generic theme. Maybe included in the them could be a header pic with a matching fantasy font which people could use put their name on using any generic graphics program. I just think a nice fantasy/EQ 2 based theme would be great IMO image

Being someone that already made a site, I used logos and screenshots off the official EQ 2 site prior to the fansite kit release. I hope that for a non-profit EQ2-based site this is ok. I tried to find copyright info but came up dry. I know my biggest problem is always finding artwork for the site. Usually there are enough screenshot for the headers and backgrounds but the major problem for me is always the border artwork around the php "blocks". Right now my site just has colored borders...it is ok but not nearly as nice as I would like.

I know I had more ideas...will try to post them later when they come to me hehe

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, WoW Stress Test

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond, City of Heros, EQ

• HammerfelHammerfel Member Posts: 9

:) I subscribe to several game & category news alerts here.

Borders are a cool idea. I'll get on that.

And I'll look into the PHPbb styles.

Nathan Pearce
    Director of Web Presence

Nathan Pearce
    Director of Skunkworks

Borders would be great ... making (even finding) repeating patterns and matching corner artwork that fits well into a fantasy site is very tough.

I had 2 other thoughts:

I think that artwork for icons for such forums would also be a great help and could be used on any PHP forum not just PHPbb. But you could always grab them out of a full theme and use them on any php based site.

Some nice EQ 2 avatars would be great also image