Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clothes???

aphoniamuteaphoniamute Member UncommonPosts: 42
Can you change or buy new clothes? I'm level 12 now and can't seem to figure it out.

Comments

• TazenheimTazenheim Member Posts: 7

Yes and no, to the extent of changing your appearance, you can get new costumes, but at lower levels I don't think they do anything, but at higher levels they can give you bonus stats, at level 16 you can get a variety of hats from Andre , but they don't have stats, in my opinion this game is more revolved around your weapons, and the stats they provide.

• aphoniamuteaphoniamute Member UncommonPosts: 42

I just want to look different.  And don't want to have to recreate my characters.  Don't really care about armor.  I thought I was reading how every few levels you could buy new clothes to change your characters look.  Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong game.

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

You seriously mean that you can't even buy new clothes to change your looks? Does not sound like an AAA title I thought it was supposed to be...

I am thinking of trying this game out, but really that is just poor. How is gameplay, I hear some people compare it to Diablo, would that be somewhat accurate?

• boommer99boommer99 Member UncommonPosts: 309

Originally posted by OBK1

You seriously mean that you can't even buy new clothes to change your looks? Does not sound like an AAA title I thought it was supposed to be...
    I am thinking of trying this game out, but really that is just poor. How is gameplay, I hear some people compare it to Diablo, would that be somewhat accurate?
    ZOMGWTFBBQ THE GMAE DEOS LET ME CHANGE CLOTHES AT LEVL 1 OMGWTFBBQ THE WURLD IZ UNDING!!!!SHIFTONE!!!11!!!!

SO... in reality, as you level you can get new costumes from quests, crafting, AM events, the cash shop and item drops.  They are there, you just cannot change costumes until after like 50 or something... Unless you win a AM event in which case you can get one sooner.

As far as gameplay... It's a cross between FF and WoW to me.  Just with a MUCH faster spawn rate  I enjoy it a lot.  But to be honest the game is not for everyone.  It is an awesome break from other games and the price is just unbeatable.

---
    Bartle Test Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 66.67%

Originally posted by boommer99

SO... in reality, as you level you can get new costumes from quests, crafting, AM events, the cash shop and item drops.  They are there, you just cannot change costumes until after like 50 or something... Unless you win a AM event in which case you can get one sooner.
    As far as gameplay... It's a cross between FF and WoW to me.  Just with a MUCH faster spawn rate  I enjoy it a lot.  But to be honest the game is not for everyone.  It is an awesome break from other games and the price is just unbeatable.

Ok, so until Level 50, I'm just kind of stuck with the look I have.  I can't change or buy any of the other starter sets of clothes unless I delete and re-create my character.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Actually its beyond 50 now.  The clothes Andre Sells no longer change your appearance either.  The only way in-game to get new outfits is by high-level raiding.

Its not IMC games who did this either, it was all K2Networks idea.  The IMC Games version has it so changing armor changes your appearance in addition to costumes you can buy.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by CleffyII

Actually its beyond 50 now.  The clothes Andre Sells no longer change your appearance either.  The only way in-game to get new outfits is by high-level raiding.
    Its not IMC games who did this either, it was all K2Networks idea.  The IMC Games version has it so changing armor changes your appearance in addition to costumes you can buy.
    Thanks for the info.

I am not touching that game, not even with a stick.  

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

Not that apperance is the most important thing in a game, at lest not to me, but it worries me that they overlook things like this. It gets me thinking what else they don't care about implementing.

I wish some sites could throw up some quick reviews...

Originally posted by CleffyII

This is just not true.  I had a costume piece drop in Porto Bello off a level 36 mob.  A clan mate had the same thing happen.  They are dropping. soo...

---
    Bartle Test Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 66.67%

This is just not true.  I had a costume piece drop in Porto Bello off a level 36 mob.  A clan mate had the same thing happen.  They are dropping. soo...

Ok so I'm a little confused again.  When costume pieces drop, do you equip them like armor or do you use them like stance books or exp cards (use them and they disappear and just add to your costume).  What type of costume piece dropped for you?

My character is now level 15, but I really don't like the look of my character's costume now, so I'm contemplating starting another character just so I don't have to look at my old one.  I just kind of picked a costume right off the bat to get going but didn't realize there were more costumes to choose from in the beginning.  Just wish they had something for the lower levels buy or change into the other default starter costumes.

Originally posted by aphoniamute

Ok so I'm a little confused again.  When costume pieces drop, do you equip them like armor or do you use them like stance books or exp cards (use them and they disappear and just add to your costume).  What type of costume piece dropped for you?

My character is now level 15, but I really don't like the look of my character's costume now, so I'm contemplating starting another character just so I don't have to look at my old one.  I just kind of picked a costume right off the bat to get going but didn't realize there were more costumes to choose from in the beginning.  Just wish they had something for the lower levels buy or change into the other default starter costumes.

They equip like armor but don't take up your armor slot.  In your charcter information window, there is a slot to the left of your armor slot.  That is where costumes go.  So you can wear whatever costume you want and whatever armor you want at the same time.

---

• monkeyspymonkeyspy Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by aphoniamute

Can you change or buy new clothes? I'm level 12 now and can't seem to figure it out.

I just talked to a GM in the game (Vartigus AM-Vartigus) and got some information for ya.  This is a yes and no answer.  If you're talking about finding anything in the shops to buy or rare enemy drops, you won't find any clothes until like level 50.  You might find some level 20 hats but that's about it.  Sounds like you want a new set of clothes though.

The only way to get some clothes is either to buy them from the shop (high levels only) and from in Game Events.  A GM just held one today if you found a GM in a specific zone in the game.  Those clothes have no level restriction to them.  But only one person can win those type of events.  So basically if you're gonna pick some clothes, you better be ready to stick with them for awhile.  Either delete and restart a new character.

• LeJohnLeJohn Member Posts: 313

well you can also craft clothes but the requirements are also lvl35 and up.

Now the probles is finding the mats, for some reasion the mats required for crafting are located in areas higher then the item requiremnets dictate. For example, I have crafter hand guns and rifles and thos mats are easly found in lvl 20 and down areas but the weapons have a lvl restriction of lvl24.  On the flipside the main mats required to craft blades are found in lvl30 and up zones but the sword lvl req is lvl18

I have not gotten high enough to craft clothing but I do have several recipies, some bought but also several random boss drops. I got an outfit recipie from the hill giant at the logging company in the corners (lvl 7) area. But the recipie calls for leather and I have yet to be in a high enough area to see any leather drops. the lvl restriction on the costume is lvl 35, but what it looks like  or will do i will not know until I craft it.