Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth playing, don't expect to be transfixed

I played VC for a week or so.  I enjoyed the overall feel of the game and the innovative concept.  I will likely not play much more as I feel I have done all that I am interested in doing but don't let that stop you from trying it.  I made the mistake of setting myself up with a battleship.  While fun in fights the battleship class is a money sink and you will end up broke and regretting it.   The merchant is the way to go for big cash.

The good:

Fairly straight forward interface

Great fight mechanics, feels like a real sea battle

Decent community, willing to help a noob with a minimum of elitism

Pretty world with low end friendly graphics

Free

The bad:

Serious lack of depth

Translations are abhorrent and the quest system leaves a lot to be desired

Steep learning curve (this is due to both bad translations and a general lack of labeling)

Repitition can get boring quickly.

Travel is slow, expensive, and boring

Verdict:  GREAT game for free but don't expect to play for hours at a time and love it.  It's nice as a change of pace but it's not the kind of game you become a hermit for.

My computer's on button doesn't work

Comments

• pirateerpirateer Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by BobbyShaftoe

I played VC for a week or so.  I enjoyed the overall feel of the game and the innovative concept.  I will likely not play much more as I feel I have done all that I am interested in doing but don't let that stop you from trying it.  I made the mistake of setting myself up with a battleship.  While fun in fights the battleship class is a money sink and you will end up broke and regretting it.   The merchant is the way to go for big cash.

The good:

Fairly straight forward interface

Great fight mechanics, feels like a real sea battle

Decent community, willing to help a noob with a minimum of elitism

Pretty world with low end friendly graphics

Free

The bad:

Serious lack of depth

Translations are abhorrent and the quest system leaves a lot to be desired

Steep learning curve (this is due to both bad translations and a general lack of labeling)

Repitition can get boring quickly.

Travel is slow, expensive, and boring

Verdict:  GREAT game for free but don't expect to play for hours at a time and love it.  It's nice as a change of pace but it's not the kind of game you become a hermit for.
    Well  you can change jobs at anytime. You are not obliged to do just one guild's jobs. You can be with the Ares, Merchant, Adventurer and be a Pirate at the same time. Continue playing. You will enjoy it.
  • kionaykionay Member Posts: 4

well you guys ranting bout this game have almost put me out of playing it                                                                                                                  except for one thing                                                                                                                                                                                                                      im not big on quests

sure i like it every once in a while                                                                                                                                                                                             but mostly the quests for MOST games i dun like so i just dont do all together

so im going to start playing this game                                                                                                                                                                                    and hope my RADEON 9000 SERIES graphics card dont cause crappy-ness in any way

cause i'd hate to have to go through with replacing it for a better one(dun wanna spend the money or do the work)

so im oging to start playing it and do what i want and try to have fun (thats the whole perpouse)

so i hope the ppl that like quests and hate the forums for bieng forums (and i say this cause i hate NEVER ONCE seen a forum that dont act EXACTLY like some of you are explaining)

so...ya

KiOnAy

• SkullmuffinSkullmuffin Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by kionay

well you guys ranting bout this game have almost put me out of playing it                                                                                                                  except for one thing                                                                                                                                                                                                                      im not big on quests
    sure i like it every once in a while                                                                                                                                                                                             but mostly the quests for MOST games i dun like so i just dont do all together
    so im going to start playing this game                                                                                                                                                                                    and hope my RADEON 9000 SERIES graphics card dont cause crappy-ness in any way
    cause i'd hate to have to go through with replacing it for a better one(dun wanna spend the money or do the work)
     so im oging to start playing it and do what i want and try to have fun (thats the whole perpouse)
     so i hope the ppl that like quests and hate the forums for bieng forums (and i say this cause i hate NEVER ONCE seen a forum that dont act EXACTLY like some of you are explaining)
    so...ya

This game looks good very good and please work on your spelling

Your Death Will Be A Long And Painful One!