Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fahrenheit 9/11

Comments

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    Makeing money off the dead. Lots of money at that. Geez. Such a nice job.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Finwe
    Makeing money off the dead. Lots of money at that. Geez. Such a nice job.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

I agree with you man. ever since 9/11 people been making money off of it, making stupid movies, t-shirts, postcards, and all this other crap just for money. It's like seeing all the Disney crap at shops and mini shops all around florida. They really don't care about it . . .they just want the money.

Besides, that movie (i beleive) is just a bunch of news footage from america and war in iraq made up into a couple of hours movie. Like they give a damn about what happned. The are just their to itch the minds of the people who lost family and lives. Is the money the movie making going to the millitary . . . .NOPE. The creators didn't put thier hard work into the movie, the news people and camera did and their making money off of that. . . . its like bootleg

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

As I am working on notes for my review, I just wanted to take a moment to remind anybody viewing this site- many of whom will be going to, or are just coming from-seeing the film, to keep just ONE THING in mind as you consider the movie.

Below, I've pasted two separate DIRECT QUOTES from a letter Michael Moore posted on his website in April of 2004- just two months ago- while he was still getting footage sent to him by his cameramen in Iraq:

"The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win."

" I'm sorry, but the majority of Americans supported this war once it began and, sadly, that majority must now sacrifice their children until enough blood has been let that maybe -- just maybe -- God and the Iraqi people will forgive us in the end. "

-Michael Moore, April 14, 2004

Yesterday, Michael Moore released a film (and updated his website with a "how can you help the troops" page) in which he claims to express sympathy for US troops. But just two months ago, he called for their opposition to beat them, and then furthermore stated that more troops should be sent over to Iraq to punish us for supporting the war. If you've seen the film, these statements should appear in stark contrast to the fake, empty sympathy Moore claims to express on behalf of our armed forces.

Michael Moore is a shamefully disgusting hypocrite who earns money from the blood of dead US soldiers while he claims to support them. As you watch his 'hilarious' polemic over this weekend, never, ever, ever forget that.

*EDIT

btw I did not see the movie, and i will NOT see the movie

that fat man doesn't need anymore money..he's getting rich off DEAD AMERICAN PEOPLE

• Nmbr6Nmbr6 Member Posts: 73

I agree with you man. ever since 9/11 people been making money off of it, making stupid movies, t-shirts, postcards, and all this other crap just for money. It's like seeing all the Disney crap at shops and mini shops all around florida. They really don't care about it . . .they just want the money.

Yea, but you have to think of it in the big picture. Bush and cheney(and their corporation buddies) are making billions and billions off iraq and many young americans and a good deal of innocent iraqis are getting killed. The t-shirt company is making very small money. The small time t-shirt company isn't making the choice to make war and kill hundreds of thousands of people. Although, I think Bush is a horrible person and a extermist, Moore is a huge extermist on the other side. Moore also makes connections between the terroists and Bush which really isn't true, although in the long run terriost attack do help Bush's cause.

Also, MurtBijani who is making more money on iraq? Bush and Cheny(and their corporation buddies) or Moore? Why the hell are we in Iraq anyway?

--------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

--------------------
    "Those who sacrifice liberty in the name of security deserve neither"- Ben Franklin

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."- Number Six's speech from "Free for All"

Originally posted by Nmbr6
    Yea, but you have to think of it in the big picture. Bush and cheney(and their corporation buddies) are making billions and billions off iraq and many young americans and a good deal of innocent iraqis are getting killed.
    --------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

no they are not, this is where you liverals go wrong.

if you would OPEN YOUR EYES and see that this isn't about getting rich

The september 11th attacks were the largest attack on american soil since 1912, WE HAD TO FIGHT  BACK

bush and cheney getting rich? HOW? how does the money go to them?

IT DOESN'T

*EDIT
    and read my previous post, read it!

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Bush and cheney(and their corporation buddies) are making billions and billions off iraq and many young americans and a good deal of innocent iraqis are getting killed.

Prove it. Show us where Bush and Cheney are making money off the Iraq invasion. Put up or shut up. That statement is as false as much of the stuff in Moore's movie.

image image

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by kptone
    How desperate are u to write that much, and who are u trying to impress anyways. If u have an opinion keep it to urself and dont write 50 paragraph article.

What the hell does that mean? ::::12::

He has as much right as anybody else does to post his opinion.

Just because he doesn't support that jackass Moore...

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

"AND READ ALL OF IT BEFORE YOU SAY THIS MOVIE IS A GOOD MOVIE AGAIN!"-Murtbijani

How does that mean it's not a good movie? I won't state my political side, but i will say that was a good movie, and it's not a matter of right and wrong, it's wether you enjoyed the movie or not. And also, Moore didn't get rich off dead American soldiers. Where the hell do you get that from? He got rich off of making documentaries, writing books, and hosting a T.V. show. How is that evil? Alot of the books and episodes he did, didn't even refer to president Bush at all.

So don't call anyone crazy for enjoying the movie. Because some people actually had a good time at the movie http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Fahrenheit911-1133649/ in fact, 84% did.

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
    Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I may injoy the movie but im not going to see footage ive seen on the news. I rather buy it on dvd.

::Playing Halo::

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680
    Hmmm....maby this movie will rise some support for my rebel<cough> errrr....i mean anti-bush faction. image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal server

Before I start, I'm not a "liveral", up until bush I was a strong republican. Tell me, where the hell do you think all the money for bush campaign comes from? Big industry. Who is Cheny? A big industry boy. Bush is also a big oil boy. By going to Iraq, Bush also gets a position in the middle east and a way to scare the american people in getting losing more rights(paritot act1-2). A nation doesn't attack another nation to "help the people". Do you honestly think that the average iraqi had anything to do with 9/11(many of which are dying)? There was a very small if any tie between saddam and al queda. Saddam in fact was not a radical muslim, he was keeping the radicals(Shiite muslims) down. There were many other middle eastern nations far far more involved then Iraq. Iran, Saudi, Syria among others were a much bigger supporter of terror. Al queda is a terroist organization not limited to one country. If we want to rid the world of al queda we would have to destroy half of europe. There are cells everywhere. Why did we pick iraq? The sad thing is the poor man is dying in iraq. I don't see Bush's daughters out there. I don't see the congressman's sons out on the front lines. Before these damn politicans go to war, they need to be ready to sacrifice. I promise you that overnight Iraq would end.

--------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

--------------------
    "Those who sacrifice liberty in the name of security deserve neither"- Ben Franklin

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."- Number Six's speech from "Free for All"

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Wow. I can't believe we have gone this far without leftie interfering. Did he get banned? Or did he fake his name and create a new account...... image

I'm going to take Murt's word for it. Screw the movie. Save myself $5.50.

サ ー ス ベ ン

I didn't log on the forums to talk about politics all night. So i'll just say i enjoyed the movie, wether Moore's views were right or wrong, and reading 50 pages of research will not make a difference.

Originally posted by MurtBijani

first off, you're canadian thus, your political side is liberal WITH MOORE!
    second, he got rich off dead american soldiers by taking what happened to them, and making a fake movie about how they "supposedly" would have been alive today if SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN OFFICE!
    that same message over and over! why won't the liberals leave bush alone!

So what now?  Your ignorant and racist?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by rathma

"AND READ ALL OF IT BEFORE YOU SAY THIS MOVIE IS A GOOD MOVIE AGAIN!"-Murtbijani
     How does that mean it's not a good movie? I won't state my political side, but i will say that was a good movie, and it's not a matter of right and wrong, it's wether you enjoyed the movie or not. And also, Moore didn't get rich off dead American soldiers. Where the hell do you get that from? He got rich off of making documentaries, writing books, and hosting a T.V. show. How is that evil? Alot of the books and episodes he did, didn't even refer to president Bush at all.
     So don't call anyone crazy for enjoying the movie. Because some people actually had a good time at the movie http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Fahrenheit911-1133649/ in fact, 84% did.

first off, you're canadian thus, your political side is liberal WITH MOORE!

second, he got rich off dead american soldiers by taking what happened to them, and making a fake movie about how they "supposedly" would have been alive today if SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN OFFICE!

that same message over and over! why won't the liberals leave bush alone!

Micheal Moore made money because people were interested in him. Do you really think millions of people saw the movie because they hated him? No, they wanted to watch the movie.

And also i'm not Liberal. But i'm sure as hell not Republican either.

wtf? how does that make me ignorant and racist?
    can't back it up hmm?
    atleast I can spell YOU'RE!
    pwnt image

You can't back up your argument either! Anyone who can post a good argument you just ignore or go off-topic about spelling. Read my last post, you can't backup your argument.

--------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

--------------------

can't back it up hmm?
    pwnt image

I wouldn't say your ignorant and racist. But i would say your stereotypical to think that i am on the Liberals side just because i'm Canadian.

God, no wonder Admin didn't want you talking about politics in the first place.

can't back it up hmm?
    pwnt image

You're ignorant because you won't accept other people's opinions as valid opinions.  You seem like a very american person, but you don't let other people have the freedoms you preach about.  Freedom of speach...lets them say what they want without you being able to stop them.  Doesn't seem like you're following that.  I can go on, but i won't right now.

You're racist becuase you asume that all becuase rathma is canadian he is a liberal.  He may be, or he may not be.  All because he is Canadian doesn't mean that he is liberal.....steroytypes.  So if i said that becuase your a republican your a red-neck/hillbilly would that be true?  It may be in true in your case, but it may not be in everyone else's.  I know some republicans and they aren't red-neck/hillbillies, and i know some Canadians that love Bush. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can't back up your argument either! Anyone who can post a good argument you just choice to ignore.

--------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

Anyone who types up 10 paragraphs trying to back up an argument which is based solely off of opinnion clearly doesn't know what they are talking about, or has absolutley no life.

Since this is an argument over people's oppinions. It will be flaming back and fourth, nothings going to get solved for the next 10 pages and will end up getting locked by the mods. I suggest you guys just quit while your behind.

Originally posted by Bobjones1303
    you asume that all becuase rathma is canadian he is a liberal.  He may be, or he may not be.  All because he is Canadian doesn't mean that he is liberal.....steroytypes.    I know some republicans and they aren't red-neck/hillbillies, and i know some Canadians that love Bush. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

point taken, I'll try and remember thatimage

I agree 100 percent with rathma. His argument is all about big opinion pieces and nothing orginal he wrote himself.

--------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

--------------------

Originally posted by Bobjones1303
    you asume that all becuase rathma is canadian he is a liberal.  He may be, or he may not be.  All because he is Canadian doesn't mean that he is liberal.....steroytypes.    I know some republicans and they aren't red-neck/hillbillies, and i know some Canadians that love Bush. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

point taken, I'll try and remember thatimage

It seems better when you don't alter someones writing when you quote them.

Because i can do the same to you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

It wasn't Admin. And anyway, you're always going to get fighting in any political environment. It's inevitable. I even started a thread called "Who is your next president?" just to get people fighting in it because they always do. I thought my rank would go up, but you don't get rank points for popular threads. I was an idiot. But I got a huge thread, and if it didn't go too far, and people wouldn't stop freaking out, then I wouldn't have deleted it.

I already hate this thread so don't respond to this post. I'm un-subscribing from it.

サ ー ス ベ ン

I think this movie is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

...perhaps there is space for you in my rebel<cough> errrr....i mean pro-Fahrenheit 9/11 faction

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree 100 percent with rathma. His argument is all about big opinion pieces and nothing orginal he wrote himself.

--------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

Yay, somebody likes me image. Basically this is going to be the same thing as the WoW vs. EQ2 battles. There's lots of arguments going on between those 2 games. In theory, you should be able to state which ever game you like without being right or wrong. It's just oppinion. And the fact that i liked this movie was oppinion based only. I will admit that some things Micheal Moore said was not correct, but maybe that was just his oppinion as well.