Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Iffy about Guild warS?

2»

Comments

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338

Thanks Tiger> You have answered my questions quiet well.

Qoute/start

You should do some more research, there are about id say 20 spells per class, the games in alpha, so with 6 classes that would make 120 spells, and with the ability to combine 2 classes that means you get 40 spells, the quick tab bar olny holds like 9, and again this is only alpha, Do the math, guild wars is more of a game were you play against other players in 2 ways, 1 missions, 2 PvP, IMHO this game will be one of the best, but i hate to say it, the last 2 games i was looking foward to sucked, (CoH and SWG) im hoping this game will be great and by the way it was made it looks sweet, I just hope the time taking to get skills isnt as long as SWG. I havent heard much complaints in PvP other then its great and they hope to see Bigger areas that can hold 30v30 or 50vs50, with and expantion every 6mounths, setting out new classes, weapons, areas, armor, etc i dont see how anyone can get tired of the game........again do your reaserch, hey i mean i could care less about grinding, but once i heard from an alpha on how guilds can have towns or halls and other guilds could siege for it i knew this game was for me...::::31::

Guild Wars.qoute/end

Can someone please post the link to this list of spells, the official and unofficial sits and review sites don't mention this and the official sites list about 4-5 spells for each class.

also what is this bballermc333 talking about, there is not level so high, infact there is a level cap of 9 from what the previos staments stated.

Also to counter-------People are entitled to any opinion of a game they may choose to have. People are only saying what game they prefer. Some, as myself venture on to say which game could be more popular and why.

Tiberiux you did not answer my question, if you state you position properly then I will not argue with you are be vexed. If you just start spewing ow guild wars is better in the wow forum I get majorly pissed as all the post was ment for was to flame or out of ignorance. Stuff like really stupid statments like a game is copying another or the games craft system is another weith out the link. I place links down to back up what I say will actaul information adn to share it with outhers so they don't have to trawl throught the jungle of the web for it.

Thanks for answer the questions thow.image

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Guardianking

You should really consider returning your brain back wherever you got it for and exchange it for one that works :)

Or maybe, you might be better off to get your 1.5 cents that you spent on it back.

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

originally posted by bballermc333
    You should do some more research, there are about id say 20 spells per class, the games in alpha, so with 6 classes that would make 120 spells, and with the ability to combine 2 classes that means you get 40 spells, the quick tab bar olny holds like 9
    this quote was taken from www.guild-hall.net which is an elite quild sponsered by GW

Each player may take only 8 Skills into a mission, and they cannot be changed after the mission begins.

Can someone please post the link to this list of spells, the official and unofficial sits and review sites don't mention this and the official sites list about 4-5 spells for each class.
    gw.stratics.com
    gwde.optionalinfo.com
    www.rpgstars.com

also what is this bballermc333 talking about, there is not level so high, infact there is a level cap of 9 from what the previos staments stated.
    No level cap as been determined yet, but it has been said that once the character reaches assention, the point at which they pick up there secondary profession, there will be no more levels after that. At what point that is has not been determined yet. No one can give sertain facts just yet because no facts upon level limit as well as assention level has been released yet because they are still testing this aspect.

Well DaShiz there really is no need for level grinding, as a matter of fact there really in no need to level at all, well there is but theres not a big difference between a level 50 and a level 30 character, the level 50 might have more skills, better armor, betterweapon, but thats just because of the amount of money he makes, if there is a level 50 that is very poor and has terrible armor/ weapon/ even a gimped out class mix they can easly be killed by a lvl 30, now im glad, i hated the fact in other games that a lvl 200 or 126 can bash a lvl 100-110, on top of that great fact, you get to challange 8 people you want, unless a tourny, so you wont have to fight people way beyond your level BE COOL< STAY IN SCHOOL >
    First of all there is always a need for grinding, it gives people the chance to learn their character to become more attuned to what they can and cannot do. It also alot of times forces the character to consume the content within the game so that the game play is not so shallow. Like I said earlier you have to provide some type of grind otherwise if you are just givin an attribute or are allowd to do something straight up instead of haveing to strive for it, that goal becomes worthless to the player and is held as being essentially useless because there was no challenge for attaining it.
    Now, if you want to argue that a lvl 50 character in GW will have no upper hand to a lvl 30 character if they are both wearing equall armor(let me interject here that no lvl cap has been put in stone yet, GaurdianKing) that is not true at all. Skill will have a very large play in this fight obviously because the GW team is trying to make it a more skill oriented game, but at every level your hp increases and as well your attribute points to spend increase.

Characters earn 5 Improvement Points per level, which are used to increase the character's Attributes (passive bonuses that enhance their abilities).
    before you try to point out that they are passive bonuses. Passive bonuses are things such as your attribute points that you put into your weapon skills,such as for a warrior, or your magic style such as curses for necromancers. The better you are at these skill sets the better chance they have of hitting and as well amount to damage they do.
    I don't feel like scowering the web for more quotes anymore for the hp increase per lvl, but I do remember in a previous post discussion I had with some alpha testers on mmorpg.com they said the increase was at 5 as well. So thus is my conclusion that if I had 100 more skill points to spent(50-30=20*5=100) I would have an edge over the lvl 30 character. that isn't even considering that I would have more hp as well. BUT, that is why they are testing as to wether or not to set the lvl cap at assention...nm, I'm tired of typing!

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Hum..that was not very nice of you Tiburex, I simply stated that you did not answer my last question and that you simply stated people have a right to there own opinions and I was simply stating that I wanted to know how I should react when peoples opinions where not justified, like simply stating stuff and a hole load of crap that I can easily disprove from facts form the company or data sheets.

Also, could you place a link or a cut and past list of the spells avalable, like I said above, I can't find such a list of 25-30 spells or skills per class online.

Tiburex, you really are a mystery, sometimes you have very valid staments then some times you avt really imaturly. I am kinda carm now so I am answering you with out swearing or insulting you.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

Look at the post above GuardianKing. There are three links I put there for you.

sorry, I was writing my reply out and you posted 3 minutes before I did. LOL Thanks.

p.s just read and thanks, the new skills will be added into the beta or the actaul game. Thanks for the links, I will read the web-pages more detah now. 

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

yeah dashiz 8 per mission but you can still hunt and stuff.....there are like 30 to each class , just cause you can only use 8 doesnt mean thats max, ill find the link and post here of all the spells so far, like 200

Guild wars..........