Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just plain and simple

TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

#1 reason why you want to play Age of Conan; no detailed explainations just short n sweet. 

My reason:  Gore, sex and druken brawlin (the things MMOs have been crying for)

Comments

• jizzlesjizzles Member Posts: 39

BOOBS. http://community.ageofconan.com/conan/frontend/files/CONTENT/blackring1.jpg

lol. seriously though. It seems this game is going to have everything I will enjoy in a MMORPG; player cities, good crafting system. Good pvp system.

Human evolution and advancement has never been measured in terms of our ability to grapple one-on-one with bears.

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Because it's the only one doing ANYTHING different with combat.

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

The combat system.  It's not senseless button mashing.  Its not SUPER fast paced,  Timed LEARNED combos.   If your SMART you can compensate for the lack of charactor level.  This gives me a stiffy.

• ModiusModius Member Posts: 10

My #1 reason is no more "whack a mole" as a healer!     About 'effin time!!

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

what stands out to me is the gore and the combat. i really like the attitude of the game visuals, setting, etc .

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Great graphics and a really cool combat system.

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498

Graphics yes - but ore than that I want something different than the scripted bubblegum MMOs that WoW and LotRO represent.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• TrinitarianTrinitarian Member Posts: 169

My reason: A mature themed MMO with great graphics and innovative combat systems. Oh yeah, not to mention the Conan universe - Howard's writing kicks ass!

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

My #1: It's Funcom, so you just know the game will be original, innovative, and fun as hell.

#2: The combat system combined with the mature rating means bloody warfare, cutting off heads, etc.

#3: The siege system looks fantastic. I hope they show more about it at E3 (tonight is the big update) and we know already that they are going to show it off in august at the german conference.

#4: Skills > Gear!

#4: Everything else that will make this game unique, bloody and fun as hell.

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Originally posted by Tibbz
    #1 reason why you want to play Age of Conan; no detailed explainations just short n sweet. 

Neocron's had that for YEARS
    Also includes barfights, sewer escapes, big guns and religious fanatics.
    Top it off with mutants, mech cops and flying vehicles and, well, conan just ain't got nothing

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• LashersLashers Member Posts: 186

Badass caster classes!

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Originally posted by Sramota

Neocron's had that for YEARS

Also includes barfights, sewer escapes, big guns and religious fanatics.

Top it off with mutants, mech cops and flying vehicles and, well, conan just ain't got nothing

Accept a fanbase thats already about 10x as large as neocrons player base.

Neocron was innovative, thats for sure. But the bugs, the problems, the really crappy 'design' about things. It never went off big simply because it was to 'b quality'. Besides, everything you mentioned there, was done in Anarchy Online first. ;) So Funcom knows their shit.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

1. The books

2. American Character and developed by europeans the way it should be ( american politicans like violence over sex)

3.DX10

I know Conan will be difficult at first or maybe a little differant and i will have grippes but in the end i know i will enjoy this game over the long haul and love it.

• SlaySteeleSlaySteele Member Posts: 53

Innovation.

• SickpupSickpup Member Posts: 382

It's the best of the worst atm.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

For the first time the opertunity to go to taverns get drunk ahve a brawl visit naked ladies to say to them "shake it baby".

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

#1. Mature rated mmorpg with lush sexy men and woman characters

#2. The innovative combat system

#3. The game is based off the books of author Robert E Howard

#4. It's made by Funcom and they know what they are doing

-Manaia

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Gameplay- lore- combat-player based structures- over all designbased - 

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340

Unlike alot of us here.. the bare breasts isn't what gets me into the game.

Its Barbarianism that gets me going. I'm tired of all these fantasy MMOs that revolve around a perfect little world, that revolves around a perfect little war..

I want to be a Barbarian.. a savage in a video game. Run around with a giant axe and severe the limbs from my opponents.. then head off to the tavern and spend the evening with good friends.. have a drink or two... maul some more enemies in unarmed.. drunken combat.. and then head back out after i sober up for some more dismemberment and slaughter.. all so i can be called a savage!

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

Yeah the mature rating only makes me want this game more...

• I miss playing a MMORPG, and this is right up my ally. Big bulging barbarians with big swords. Oh yeah!
  • ElgarethElgareth Member Posts: 588

Sadly, all 10 year old idiots, whose Parents are also Idiots and buy them the Game will say the same thing.

To me, the #1 reason would be gameplay, but from what I've seen so far, I doubt it will be able to fulfill the high hopes.

I'll just stay clear until I'm sure that I am wrong with my asumption, that AoC will have the worst and most immature Community ever.

• LinuxxxLinuxxx Member Posts: 102

It's hard to pick the #1 reason really,  but the guild content is something i look forward too. Siege battles,guild citys etc.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

#1 Mature rating

#2 Innovative combat system

#3 to 4897565  not a complete WoW clone (LOTRO,WAR)....

• ThefonzThefonz Member Posts: 280

my hats off to this fanboy post.