Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmph

loooordloooord Member Posts: 19
I would actually have a comment about this, but without being accepted into beta, I'm thinking of ignoring it, besides Guild Wars will triumph.

Comments

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338
    yea, I have read your other posts, no facts just opinion. LOL! ow well another waste of my time! Ow yes, just so I don't have to start informaing you in the future, the conversation in guild wars and the thread titles wow vs eq2 preaty much sums it up. Guild War is not considered an eqaul to eq2 or wow and alot of the alpha's have posted in your forum about how bad the game is. So please before you start posting and praiseing the game, read the treads, it has been talked about and you have come out worst off. Also, go to www.worldofwarcraft and check out what they offer if you are going to argue, I have shown you the curtesy by reading and learning as much as humanly possible about guild wars and debates with your fellow fans already.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926
    Guild Wars isn't an MMORPG.

image image

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

ok people are really starting to bother me.......if GW was not an MMORPG...it would not be on this site.....

it IS a mmorpg..I mean its jsut a newer sort of mmorpg...just because it is not like EQ DAoC EQ2 WoW FFXI lineage 2 it doesn't mena it is not a mmorpg...

I mean you have the first third person views...quests..missons...task w.e.........leveling.......zones and places to adventure.....and all that stuff like in all the other mmorpgs.........I mean just because it has instance zones that doesn't make it not a mmorpg.......so please if you have like an offical boards witht he reason why iut is not an mmorpg then plkease show me...but until you do it is still an mmorpg......

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926
    Persistant world. Can you run from city to city and see people actually fighting in a persistant world?

image image

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437
    GW is more like a mmrpg lite. Personally given the choice between lite and the full thing, ill stick with the full thing.

Played: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside

LOL someone else stated this better, if you really want to go into detail with the english dictionary, the game is not an mmorpg. The guild wars members seem to be talking to this as well, I sugest you go there if you want to argue about it. There conclusion was by the english dictionary that the sentence ment a large amount of people could simply meet por bump into each other. However because the game is played like never winternights, you simply start playing the game with people you started with at the begining, it is not a mmorpg. Also they also say it's not really a mmorpg on the company web-site. As they say we prefer to call it a cmorpg or corpg or something like that. Here take alook at the faq in www.guildwars.com.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Let me sum it up from the GuildWars site.

Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?

Guild Wars has some similarities to existing MMORPGs, but it also has some key differences.

Like existing MMOs, Guild Wars is played entirely online in a secure hosted environment. Thousands of players inhabit the same virtual world. Players can meet new friends in gathering places like towns and outposts where they form parties and go questing with them. Unlike many MMOs, when players form a party and embark upon a quest in Guild Wars, they get their own private copy of the area where the quest takes place. This design eliminates some of the frustrating gameplay elements commonly associated with MMOs, such as spawn camping, kill stealing, and lines to complete a quest.

Guild Wars takes place in a large virtual world made up of many different zones, and players can walk from one end of the world to the other. But Guild Wars eliminates much of the tedium of traveling through the world. Players can instantly return to any safe area (town or outpost) that they've previously visited just by clicking on it in the world overview map.

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild. As characters progress, they acquire a diverse set of skills and items, enabling them to use new strategies in combat. Players can do battle in open arenas or compete in guild-on-guild warfare or the international tournament. But engaging in combat is always the player's choice; there is no player-killing in cooperative areas of the world.

Finally, unlike existing MMOs, all characters in Guild Wars inhabit the same virtual world -- they are not divided onto different servers or shards -- so players can always team up with or compete against any other player in the world.

What will he do next?
    ty dude or dudet

lol...

I am a guy.  image

What will he do next?
    sorry, did not read personal info, well live and learn. HEHEHEH...

Only if you knew . . . lol

What will he do next?
    LOL, I am suden;y really confused.