Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game greeat?

diegofrgcdiegofrgc Member Posts: 451

I havent played this game yet, i know it will be free, but i have my doubts. For all testers, what do you think about this game?

I dont want a MMO Diablo, i would hate itimage

Is GW a MMORPG?

It looks coll but sounds rare.

Comments

• RomarRomar Member Posts: 15
    From what I have played of it, it is really funimage. Guild Wars is not a true MMORPG. For more info go to www.guildwars.com.

Romar

www.rowguild.tk
    www.rowguildforums.tk

Romar

www.gamer.mysticsoftware.net/ROWindex1.htm

• Rampage101Rampage101 Member Posts: 50
    What are you saying with it is not a real MMORPG?image

Mess with the best. DIE like the rest!!

Me kill you good...

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

There has been alot of controversy with GW about whether or not it's an MMORPG.

Alot of people are confused with what an MMORPG is or should be. Basically if the game is on www.mmorpg.com it means it is an mmorpg. So rest assured that the people in the industry take it to be an MMORPG.

However, there is a group of thinkers who say that MMORPG means a persistant world with hundreds of people, who can quest together in large areas together and that THAT is the true definition of mmorpg.

In that case GW would be nearly an mmorpg since the only thing it lacks is being able to run around the world in a group of 20 people and run into another group of people WHILE FIGHTING.

In other words, in any other MMORPG you can run around the countryside and it is possible to run into people, in GW however, the only time you will come across someone who didn't start off with you is in Towns or outposts.

Basically people call REAL MMORPG's games like Everquest and WOW, and to them GW isn't a REAL MMORPG.

Does this mean that GW is worse or better? Well that depends on what you're into.

For me personally, I hate paying monthly fees, and I hate having game masters walking around the game with unfair powers and the ability to ban you from the game for "playing a game you're paying for".

If I want to be in a world where there are rules that I can be banned if I break while playing normally (i.e. no hacks etc) then I'll just stick to the real world. When I go online I want to have fun, playing any way I can within the game bounds to win. I don't want to be banned for Killstealing if I choose to do so. That's just silly, especially if you're paying a monthly fee to play a game.

Monthly fees = no
    Gamemasters running around setting rules = no
    Forced to play a game in a certain way because it was badly designed = no

Guild wars is a game designed by original thinkers for original thinkers.
    Original strategies will be rewarded.
    This is what I like to see.

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338
    Umm.. which game have you been ban from for kill stealing, as most games do it like in the real world, if you get caught you get punished, must have been an area you were in.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Medevia.

Got banned for loot stealing.

I see what you main now Tiberiux. thanksimage.

Me kill you good...

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273
    ah yeah

"Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws."

(DEFAULT MMORPG PLAYER SIGNATURE, RANDOM QUOTE FROM SOME INTERNET SITE FOUND ON YAHOO SEARCH TO TRY MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK CLEVER)

What does THAT suppose to main.image

Me kill you good...

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

Originally posted by Rampage101
    What does THAT suppose to main.imageMess with the best. DIE like the rest!!
    Also:

I see what you main now Tiberiux. thanks.

I'm not trying to pick on you Rampage, please remember this.

main = Most important; principal, the chief or largest part.
    mean = To intend to convey or indicate; denote.

just got a little confused at first when I was reading your posts.

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• RomarRomar Member Posts: 15

on www.guildwars.com this is what they say

Guild Wars has some similarities to existing MMORPGs, but it also has some key differences.

Like existing MMOs, Guild Wars is played entirely online in a secure hosted environment. Thousands of players inhabit the same virtual world. Players can meet new friends in gathering places like towns and outposts where they form parties and go questing with them. Unlike many MMOs, when players form a party and embark upon a quest in Guild Wars, they get their own private copy of the area where the quest takes place. This design eliminates some of the frustrating gameplay elements commonly associated with MMOs, such as spawn camping, kill stealing, and lines to complete a quest.

Guild Wars takes place in a large virtual world made up of many different zones, and players can walk from one end of the world to the other. But Guild Wars eliminates much of the tedium of traveling through the world. Players can instantly return to any safe area (town or outpost) that they've previously visited just by clicking on it in the world overview map.

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild. As characters progress, they acquire a diverse set of skills and items, enabling them to use new strategies in combat. Players can do battle in open arenas or compete in guild-on-guild warfare or the international tournament. But engaging in combat is always the player's choice; there is no player-killing in cooperative areas of the world.

Finally, unlike existing MMOs, all characters in Guild Wars inhabit the same virtual world -- they are not divided onto different servers or shards -- so players can always team up with or compete against any other player in the world.

Romar

www.rowguild.tk
    www.rowguildforums.tk

Romar

www.gamer.mysticsoftware.net/ROWindex1.htm

I'm not trying to pick on you Rampage, please remember this.
    main = Most important; principal, the chief or largest part.
    mean = To intend to convey or indicate; denote.
    just got a little confused at first when I was reading your posts.

I am sorry. forgive me, i am dutch and my english(?) is not so good.image

Me kill you good...

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680
    I have to ask about it being an mmorpg or not....does it really matter.  When you really think about it mmorpg is just a title and can mean alot, to meaning almost nothing.  So is it really important...not really.  Its massive, and its a multiplayer.  Doesn't really matter after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal server

I still think it is a great game you know.image

Me kill you good...