Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It warmed my little stone heart!

DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Just doing my nightly beta forums browsing and I came accross this

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=98774&P=1&ReplyCount=56#post98774

If you read the thread you'll hear about something called "seeding" that's where people use their bittorent clients to help upload the game-patch so that people downloading it else where, can download at a faster rate, since the blizz servers are constantly getting hammered.

If you read the thread you'll see there's a LOT of people seeding JUST to help other people get into the game, they don't gain anything by it, they could leave their bittorent off and not seed, but they do so willingly. I just read all those posts and my belief that there are good gaming communities out there just became revitalized.

So to all you nay sayers and "b-net" haters, not EVERYONE who plays WoW is a selfish immature hacking toddler... Ahhh, good wholesome fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static
"With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

Comments

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338

Bittorent is used mainly by piraters, I use it to much as I download about 5 gig a week of anime from japan. I guiess the software is becoming so out there now it's being used commercially. Good to see really, it also puts less strain on the copmpany sharing the info. Sites for it to see it in acation are listed below.

They are some times just refered to as torrents.

www.animesuki.com

www.baka-updates.com

www.animelabs.com

www.supanova.org

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

BT is a good idea for large files, it makes the d.l go faster if you have a lot of people seeding it.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

The concept of BT is fantastic for distributing files. Sure pirates jumped onboard first, but that doesnt negate the fact that its a great concept with much legitimate potential.

As for people seeding on purpose to help out, thumbs up to them. The more people seed the better BT works.

<BR>
    Played: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside

• GaurdianKingGaurdianKing Member Posts: 338

Thanks, that lightened up my day. LOL I have been seeding anime for a few years now. LOL and a couple of movies, ow yea and so the freaking lawers sake I do it because I am trying to lend my dvd's and stuff to my family across the world, I can't help it if people take advantage of me for it. I am the victim, me I am the victim, my poor bandwith. LOL!

P.s I did not say anothing negative about torrenting, If it was'nt for that I would not have around 300gb of vidoe, ow yeas and again it is anime and it's for the anime club and the research in japans culture. HAHAHAH! sue me not companies, I am covered eithier way. LOL!

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it.

J.d.slanger-everything apeares to be a scam in this world when you first see it does'nt it. image