Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Reason WoW Will Not Die Off

I was recently reading an article created by G4 discussing the future of gaming, such as Blizzard, MMO consoles and such, and they had a big article on where World of Warcraft will be in 5 years. It said.. at the top, my jaw dropped, and say they have a lot of ground to make up after WoW last expansion there player base died at an extreme rate and caused many price drops, and perks added to the game. But do I think WoW will lose its fame, not in a million years, a promised expansion once every 12 months, probably the best updating system a game has seen, and you know why else, Blizzard is known for winning people over, SC2, will make them more money then WoW's sales, because its the sport of Korea, now the only reason WoW is dying at all, is people are done, they have done what the game offers and realized that some MMO's do end, now I read a nother article stating that if Blizzard moved into a Battle.net type system.. meaning free or cheap online, they would break 10 million subscribers, and I will not lie to any of you when I say, I HATE WOW now, but I would go back in a heartbeat, any game that can offer something cheap or free, that has that type of community and gameplay, is worthwhile, now you know that wouldnt happen for a long long time. But here is the catch, Blizzard realizes they have lost a ton of people, notice how they havent made any big changes to bring people back? They are waiting for new MMO's to release, WoW has a ton of players still in the game and some people arent even playing but keep paying cause they want that option of just playing once every 3 months, Blizzard's pockets are full, but they want more, I predict the release of War, AoC, and other games, not only will make Blizzard snap, but they will shoot out SC2, a new Expansion or big news, something huge, Blizzard wants to control every type of genre, they will have RTS by storm, they had MMO, they want Diablo 3 so bad, and soon enough another FPS will shoot stores, but heres the biggest catch WoW will move to consoles.. and so will SC2, they not only want PC's they want every system, I think WoW on a console would have to change completely, its a complex game but if they can do it well, shoot I will buy it. Blizzard has less employees, then every other leading MMO company, but can dish out games a lot faster, and with their fame they will never lose their player base, they will take over MMO again, they will take RTS, and FPS, the only thing I see in WoW's near future, is a lot of added content, low to high, new class, new spells, something to make the game more interesting, maybe PVP only spells, PVE only spells.

We All Love Blizzard. Just admit it. Anyway lets hear your thoughts.

Comments

• DKirbyDKirby Member UncommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by SLizer6893

they will take over MMO again, they will take RTS, and FPS,

And then they're going to California and Texas and New York and they're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then they're going to Washington DC TO TAKE BACK THE WHITE HOUSE

All kidding aside though, use paragraphs next time.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Paragraphs are your friend

• trev9999trev9999 Member Posts: 199

The same reason why Diablo II hasn't died off yet.

CURRENTLY PLAYING SHAIYA

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

The reason?

bots will keep playing!

www.youtube.com/watch

edit: flesh and blood human beings will not play.  It will be ruled by bots.

As he said in the video, "settin' it and forgettin it." LOL!

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• AthlAthl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 159

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

• CereberusCereberus Member Posts: 139

The reason wow will not die out is because it is a good mmorpg, wether it is short or not its still a fun mmo

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

i guess third time wasnt a charm.  maybe this 4th one will do it. 

this has been discussed A HUNDRED TIMES BEFORE.  the only thing that will kill wow is time it is inevitable and who knows when that will be.

• SLizer6893SLizer6893 Member Posts: 194

My bad with the whole paragraph thing I dont use normal web browsers, so it auto formats, but anyway who cares if you can read it, read it. Half the people on this site type like 5 year olds anyway.