Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project X Gets Pushed

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Hello all,

Due to typical development setbacks we are having to push back the beta for "X" until late July.  The developer we hired for the project is behind schedule from where we planned...and due to our own budget it actually worked out pretty good on this end.

"X" will initially consist of 3 "pieces" and 2 of those are now complete...leaving the toughest and most time consuming piece left.  What is cool about "X" is that over time we will add all kinds of new "pieces" to the project expanding its functions.  Well enough useless clues for now image

We have signed up more than 4000 beta applicants and are very excited about the response we have gotten from this incredible community.

Thank you!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

times like these I hate being a minor...

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Many thanks for the update, things can and do happen.  It's to be expected, and I think your doing a good thing.  I'm not dissapointed at all by the set back, it will happen when its ready.  So carry on with the good job your doing and we all await for future clues.  Although it does sound like a puzzle, lol, just by reading your post.  I'm sure its not, but sounded like it.

Cheers to you all and keep it up.

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

It is a "modular" system.  It will start out very simple...and eventually it will encompass many, many things.

Thanks for all the kind words Cedori! image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• Stith16Stith16 Member Posts: 113
    so the beta people have been picked already?  I really wish game developers would email all those that werent selected for the closed betas saying that their application had been reviewed and not chosen.  I sign up for so many betas and I never get a word back on any of them.

AO, DAOC, AC, AC II

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602
    No, we have not chosen anyone yet.  We will let you know when the first wave goes out. image

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

LOL, I don't no why someone would think they have chosen the beta testers yet.

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Can i stil sign up?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    beta application submitted

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• BildgeratBildgerat Member Posts: 85
    Thank you for the update as well as the continued flaunting of this to me, I am looking forward more now than ever to it so the marketing is working.

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

LOL everywhere happens this in programm developing!::::04::::::01::::::03::

It can happens that at end of july I'm in up to 5 different betas at the same time!
    ::::02::::::01::::::24::::::20::::::35::::::34::::::39::::::28::::::19::::::17::

Betatesting: Unknown game coming soon! :D :P
    Betatested: AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.
    Playing: Horizons; AC1
    Retired: EQ; DAoC; SWG; Shadowbane; UO free shards, Ashen Empires
    Attempt to test or play: Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light, WoW, Mourning

• AmunetAmunet Member Posts: 136
    Cant wait to find out what it is!! ^^

• AnmarioAnmario Member Posts: 10
    i'm getting excited for the beta testing. Well i would just wait for the selection.

• GrummEGrummE Member Posts: 7

hehe.. i am looking forward to see what this exciting "project X" is.. I hope i will be one of the beta testers, but i really doubt it This is my first post in this forum, and i usually don't write so much, but i LOVE playing the games ::::02::::::04::::::01::::::19::

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375
    Well I don't want to say I'm happy you guys had to push back the beta release, but I'll probably be in the field all of july(I'm in the military) so if I get pick it will work out great.  I'll be back just in time to start testing!  image

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• Se_arSe_ar Member Posts: 74
    Well, i'm not even sure if it's a "game" in fact i'm pretty sure the admin's even told us it wouldn't be? Maybe i'm mistaken, but still it would be very interesting to test.

The sword of light illuminates the dark. I am that light.

The sword of light illuminates the dark. I am that light.

• ZepeZepe Member Posts: 16
    So, when r u guys goin to tell us something concrete about this misteryous project x? Only when it starts(end July). Oh, u cant do this to us, were WAY 2 curious image

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

Admin`s till now only say what its not so what i remembered from old thred it is NOT a game and its not web page and its not some blackjack or kidnaping action.At least they say that image

I just hope its something worth of our waiting,warming up and loosing our nervs.... image

What about next more concretely hint Admin?btw i hope that it is not a some kind of media player software or etc...maybe spyware image

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::
    lordken->Friendly Mastermind

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

Maybe its a "Graphical Chat Client" [Ie-Second Life/There]

• Q_XozQ_Xoz Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Amunet
    Maybe its a "Graphical Chat Client" [Ie-Second Life/There]

hmm

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

Originally posted by Amunet
    Maybe its a "Graphical Chat Client" [Ie-Second Life/There]image

errr. I really hope is not that
    ::::31::

Yup Yup, Those get TOTTALY boring after awhille! [Plus, they have many many perverts >.<]

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Well, I can tell you that 'X' will not be aimed at being "entertaining" so to speak...at least not in earlier phases image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

But Admin, i find it entertaining.... image 

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

I have NO idea in what Project-x will be. I just hope I get in :)

This discussion has been closed.