Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Condollences

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

I just want to say to everyone that played Auto Assault that im sorry for there loss,   Ive been in your shoes when Earth and Beyond got canceled.

Ive seen canceled games kill friendships and devastate the mighiest Guilds.

Dont give up hope, you will find a new game with new people.

GL to all of you.

and to the Trolls....

how would you like if a game you loved was canceled,   its not about the game being good or bad,

Its about the people that were burned,  they have probably made good friends in game they wont hear from again.

So before you say something stupid and offensive put yourself in there shoes.

Comments

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

THank you.

The playerbase has been hit hard with this news.

MOst of us are hardcore into this game hence why we are still here regardless of population numbers.

YEs good friendships and mighty clans have been formed from this, a positive thing.

I'm soo glad this game didn't attract the WoW crowd tbh.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Originally posted by HeLL_SNX

I'm soo glad this game didn't attract the WoW crowd tbh.

hey im in the WoW crowd lol,    remember theres over 8 Million of us,     not all are bad

Im curious as to where everyone will be going to,    to me it looks like a lot of AA players came from refugees from other games.

People are talking about Fallen Earth, but it honestly looks like its far from finished.

If your looking for a game with a mostly mature community I recommend  EQ2 , probably a RP server also, I found that RP servers have a bit more mature community than regular ones in my history of gaming. EQ2 also has a high level of interactiveness.

Anyways im rambling now, wherever you guys go all that matters is you have fun.  I have seen games that have nintendo graphics but a awesome community just because people come to socialize.

Last thing I recommend the AA community picks a stable 3rd party forums so when the game goes down, they can still keep in touch with each other.

Goodluck guys.

• drummzz7drummzz7 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by rubydragon5

I just want to say to everyone that played Auto Assault that im sorry for there loss,   Ive been in your shoes when Earth and Beyond got canceled.

GL to all of you.

and to the Trolls....
    how would you like if a game you loved was canceled,   its not about the game being good or bad,
    Its about the people that were burned,  they have probably made good friends in game they wont hear from again.

Thx man.  Very well put. 

I intend on continuing to search for driving MMOs in the future.  I love them a lot more than other genres of video games.

Auto Assault ftw!

• DanjakDanjak Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

GL to all of you.

and to the Trolls....

This is the nicest thing I've ever read on these forums. 

• Daveman424Daveman424 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I also would like to wish the best to the Auto Assault community. For those of you who enjoyed the game, I'm sorry that you're losing a community. I hope you'll all be able to pick up another MMO at some point and get involved there (I highly recommend the Pirates of the Burning Sea community). Best of luck to you all!

~D

• ElgarethElgareth Member Posts: 588

Mmhm, one Question...

Since AA will officially be given up now... would Private Servers still be illegal? I mean the company wouldn't lose any customers anyway, so would they care?

Just asking, because for the few Days I played I really had fun, but it just was too empty for me... if one private Server would emerge now, for all Veterans and newcomers and guys who test out Free to Play games to play around...

Whaddaya think?

• vingvegavingvega Member Posts: 577

Guys should come over to EQ2, it is awesome.

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by vingvega

Guys should come over to EQ2, it is awesome.
    I'll vouch for that.  And it's only gotten better in the last few years, if you ask me.  Still... no cars, no guns and heavy on the elves, so I'm not sure it's for the AA crowd. ;)

• I'll throw my lot in as well. I was pretty irritated when Earth and Beyond got cancelled, and this game was pretty fun and different. Also I got to play as a bigotted anti-anything not human, and that's what really counts.

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

you could try space cowboy if youre looking for something similar to AA.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Elgareth

Mmhm, one Question...
    Since AA will officially be given up now... would Private Servers still be illegal? I mean the company wouldn't lose any customers anyway, so would they care?
    Just asking, because for the few Days I played I really had fun, but it just was too empty for me... if one private Server would emerge now, for all Veterans and newcomers and guys who test out Free to Play games to play around...
    Whaddaya think?

Whether it is closed down or not, it is still under copyright protection. So yes, as always, private servers would be illegal.

• bufmufrbufmufr Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Snipehunter

Still... no cars, no guns and heavy on the elves, so I'm not sure it's for the AA crowd. ;)

Yep.  That is one of the Best things about AA. 

It is/was a niche game.

It was marketed badly.  It had some serious hiccups just before/after launch which really slowed the subscription rates.

Add on to the content/fixes being slow and far between.

It got "written-off" NC's books last year, which meant it had to support itself.

So, with no money, less advertising, less development...just lead it into death-spiral.

It was a very good game.  Alot of good people.

It will be missed.  *sighs*

• kmilnerkmilner Member Posts: 35
    I too am sorry for your loss. I tried it in April during the free trial, and had a lot of fun. I probably would have played it for real if a) I had money to purchase it and b) I had time because I spent all the money I did have on WH40k miniatures that needed to be painted (and, for the record, are still unpainted :( )
  • boltronboltron Member UncommonPosts: 15

RIP AA. you will be missed.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

wow i am shocked.   though i never played the game i saw it as a beacon of individualness in the mass of MMO's.  i thought it would power along as a constant reminder that there can be games that break the swords and sorcery themes.  i too feel sorry for those who loved this game.  i would dearly hope you all find a new game to love.  and one last note i wish SOE would get the picture with SWG surely AA has a larger player base than SWG.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

just on a side note did NCSOFT say sorry at all? or offer an apology?

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• lobeslobes Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Death1942

i wish SOE would get the picture with SWG surely AA has a larger player base than SWG.

What? You can't be serious.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

It really sucks anytime a game is shut down. There will always be people that played it and enjoyed it no matter how few subs the game had.  On a side note I still use the head set I got from the Limited Edition of the game even though I never really played it. Cant beat a headset for 5.99. GL to all of you hope you find a new game.

• JudgemanxJudgemanx Member Posts: 32

I really wanted this game to be a success not just because it was fun but to show developers there are other choices for MMOs other than goblins and orcs. I played EQ for 5 years,AC for a day,AC2 for a week,AO for 2 years total off and on,DAOC for about a month,WoW for 2 months just to see what the hype was about and I failed to see it. I cant belive that im the only one thats tired of looking at dragons. It seems that car MMOs of any sort are destined to fail. MCO and AA are both  in the junkyard now 

Originally posted by lobes

Originally posted by Death1942

i wish SOE would get the picture with SWG surely AA has a larger player base than SWG.

What? You can't be serious.

No kidding.

AA Maybe..Maybe had a playerbase of 1k subscribers(as of a month ago).  I would guess closer to 400.  Based on the "Save AA" petitions, that guess might  even be too high.

SWG still has how many servers?

"And did NC offer an apology?"  I guess giving us a little over a Month of "Free" Play an apology.

The Assoc. Prod. did.  To a degree.

But, in the end, this game was a Very good game, that just never got the attention it needed from NC.  They sank too much money into this concept to begin with, anticipating 40k Peak-time subscribers.  *laughs*  Yeah right.

After release, and the Lousy reviews, Came the write-off.  That was the death-nell of this game.  Just couldn't get it fixed fast enough without any more money. 

Now I read that the Developer, Netdevil, is considering another Car MMO.  That has nothing to do with "Auto Assault".  Explains how bad the coding on AA was then if they are starting fresh(and why they didn't buy the IP).

• kestas18kestas18 Member Posts: 2

U all talk like u didn't knew this will hapen all i can say they were to greedy all they had to do is make free to play with internet shop as example cabal in 3 days they fulled 50 servers that means ower 200thousand ppl came in tree days after anouncing about free to play they made 3 times more money then with subcripsion the thing that attracts players to games is word free no keys subricions nothing just word game WOW alredy had name for itself so they cold do any payment system they wanted and autoassault is just to new all they had to do is make it free with net shop and then population ewerything wold have gone skyhigh game is good grpahicks are great but there was pach that makes game lag not too good for low req pc.Anyhow i bet noone can figure out what i'm babling so i just get to point game closed because of ignorence and stupidity of creators thats my opinion atlest

Originally posted by kestas18

Anyhow i bet noone can figure out what i'm babling so i just get to point game closed because of ignorence and stupidity of creators thats my opinion atlest
    No.

No one can read all that cause you don't use " ." 's or paragraphs.

Try spacing stuff out.  Make it readable and people will read it.

And to your point, the creators reached for the Moon, and when the subscription numbers didn't match that expectation, the Publisher wrote the game off.

There were alot of mistakes with this game.  The only ones acknowledged, have been by the developers(Netdevil).  So the creator's made mistakes,

You haven't?

Doesn't make them stupid, just ambitious.

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by bufmufr

There were alot of mistakes with this game.  The only ones acknowledged, have been by the developers(Netdevil).  So the creator's made mistakes,
    You haven't?
    Doesn't make them stupid, just ambitious.

QFT

• seven456seven456 Member Posts: 5

MOst of us are hardcore into this game hence why we are still here regardless of population numbers.