Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Truth about SWG

2»

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by admriker444
    To the idiot who said credit duping was fixed... how dumb are you ? Does it really matter that its fixed now ? The damage is done nitwit. Take a look on E-Bay and you'll still see players selling 50 million credits. The economy is hoplessly ruined now becase of it.

You h ave completley lost any form my respect to you, admriker.  I have difference of opinions with many people here and I don't mind debating with people. But when you stoop as low as to call people an idiot, you have lost all respect of opinion and dignity to me.

It shows real maturity when you resort to childish and immature namecalling to get your point across.  Some people would even label it as trollish in nature.

Am I a swg fanboi? who knows...maybe I am.  But i wont stoop to your level of maturity to argue a point with you.

If I were you, think before you click that "post message" button or don't post at all if you feel the need to resort to name calling to get your point across

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Originally posted by panache

Originally posted by Hrnac

I saw the very same things happen during my 5+ years in UO. They are a sad reality in these types of games. I must ask you whether you think it is the games fault or the players. I tend to think that both are too blame, with the players being a bit more at fault.

-Hrnac

Hiya Hrnac

I have to say i firmly come down on the side of it being SOE's fault. There are always players who will find loopholes in any game or real life. But i don't think all the mmorpg's put together have the amount of things that can be exploited by less unscrupulous players that SWG has.

Like you said, you are basing your Opinion and Point on what you think. But NOT on any provable facts, numbers, figures, sources, or hard information. In terms of exploit troubles, Anarchy Online would come in first, then EQ, then all other MMORPGs tied for 3rd since ALL MMORPGs have had roughly the same amount of exploit problems. SWG most definatly does not have more exploit problems than "all other mmorpg's put together". You are a SWG basher who posts without bringing any facts, sources, to back you up.

I too sympathise with Admir's vendor problem. On Eclipse two great shopping mall metropolis's have sprung up 1k from Theed and Corellia putting the small time trader at some disadvantage.

Pan

1. SWG's economy is 99% player run. It works 99% just like in real life. The majority of players find this extreemly fun. For the upteenth time , there are OTHER PLANETS other than Naboo and Corellia! If the market by Theed and Coronet or on Corellia is bad for a new player trying to establish a store, then MOVE to another planet! If one is a brand new player to SWG, post on Stratics.com asking for a list of the newest servers, then set up shop on the newer servers where there are less veteran players.

2. Go play EQ and check out the economy! Go play AO, DAoC, AC, and even UO, and check out the economy! You do NOT know NICE  the economy in SWG is unless you have something to compare it to! In EQ there is noooo chance in heaven or hell a new player will ever be able to sell something of value, or make it as a merchant/vender. Same with DAoC, and in AC. AO is a very distant 2nd place after SWG in terms of a MMORPG  with a nice economy. With an economy that is friendly to new players.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Exploror

If you were in need of a new weapon or armour would you travel from corellia to naboo then to rori to one little shop who advertises armour or go the great shopping metropolis 1k away from coronet?? What would be the point of starting up a business in the back of beyond??

What about people trading lots across servers and running harvies far in excess of their allotted 10??

Remember Stry'ker on Eclipse who got his fingers burnt storing items on his vendors contrary to SOE rules and due to a bug subsequently lost millions and quit?

Your right about general weapons etc. being cheaper now.

See....we can aggree :)

Pan

Pan

Exploror

If you were in need of a new weapon or armour would you travel from corellia to naboo then to rori to one little shop who advertises armour or go the great shopping metropolis 1k away from coronet?? What would be the point of starting up a business in the back of beyond??

What makes you think ALL players live on Corellia and Naboo?

What about people trading lots across servers and running harvies far in excess of their allotted 10??

Remember Stry'ker on Eclipse who got his fingers burnt storing items on his vendors contrary to SOE rules and due to a bug subsequently lost millions and quit?

Your right about general weapons etc. being cheaper now.

See....we can aggree :)

Pan

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Forget trying to explain anything to these fanboys Panache, its pointless. You were correct in pointing out what I had stated earlier. No shops for small-time crafters can succeed in this game because of supermalls owned power guilds or power gamers. Then some (oh yeah, cant call anyone names because they might lose respect for me, breathe count to 100... they're only kids) "person" said place your shop on another planet. Well, your point was right on.... nobody shops on other planets.

Why go to the trouble of taking a shuttle to naboo, then to rori, then to a player town, then finding the vendor and HOPING its actually stocked ? Its just not done, and its just not me who's struggling. There are 10 vendor shops nearby my shop and all say the same thing... maybe once every two weeks they make a sale or two, thats it. And its not like we're in the middle of nowhere. There's a player town 10m behind me and 45 seconds north is the Tusken Fort.

Someone here made a comment about Walmart, well thats pretty accurate. Walmart type supermalls with 20 vendors stocked with thousands of items are killing the small business owner (just like in real life).

Its not like I don't know what I'm doing either. I have a BA degree in Advertising. I post messages about shop sales on forums (swg). I have a macro spam I use with my droid at the fort and theed. I joined a very large guild (125 members) to solicit business (unfortunately there's several power sellers already). I've had prize drawings for customers. I've offered several of the big guns (a few well established crafters that know me) bulk rate discounts. I made sure my shop supplied items useful to combat types at the nearby Tusken Fort. Things like muon, brandy, powerups, armor, etc. I also have power to sell to nearby towns really cheaply.

It just doesnt matter. All the players who come through all have crates of brandy, crates of powerups, crates of everything. I could sell my power at 0.5cpu and I still wouldnt see much traffic in my shop. 

• GrimesAAOOGrimesAAOO Member Posts: 1
    Well Admriker, im sorry your business in SWGs didnt take off but i find your statement false..  I became a crafter and established a steady income..  I have a handful of "regular customers" and a lot of just random people.  I joined a guild with about 55 people and opened two shops, one in my PA town and an other near MO on Dantooine.  Every time i log in i find i have sold some items.  I am a weapon and armorsmith.  I hope if you keep with it (although by the sound of it your already long gone) that your business kicks up or you find another profession that you enjoy.

Forget trying to explain anything to these fanboys Panache, its pointless.

so why in the world are you still here typing the same stuff? lol

Play soemthing else if you think the game sucks, good lord. No one has a friggin gun up to your head forcing you to play it.

P.S. I hit MAster Armorsmith today and I have made 2 million in sales and currently have 9 orders in my email since I mentioned I hit Master AS in the official forums.  So, I am sorry that your crafting didnt make you much money.  I'm not even of a popular server and Im making credits like crazy now

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Its not like I don't know what I'm doing either. I have a BA degree in Advertising.

When I worked for an insurance company for the past two years they paid for me to get a Master's in Business Adminstration.  I don't think the rules of economics in real life Capitalistic America is a direct clone of Star Wars Galaxies. 

For Example, my degree tells me to promote in heavy centers of traffic.  I do not.  I don't even have a droid or AFK spammer.  I posted Im an Armorsmith on the official forums...gave my location and poof money

Also, I'm on LoK so I disregarded another principle of setting up a place of business in a crowded and money-saturated area.

mmorpgs dont work exactly like real life 21st Century America

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

Probably worth pointing out that since all newbies start on Tatooine now its never been easier for a novice crafter to get a shop up and running to cater to the people that still need the lower end items and have the budget to match (Coronet is far too laggy because of the abundance of people and I applaude efforts to migrate players away from there)

I've had a shop on Tatooine since the start of retail (Eclipse) and I've never had a problem with business - I should also mention that 75% of my stock is bought from the bazaar and resold at a higher (more realistic) price - granted this market will close up once the holo grind is completely dead but there will always be people selling too low for one reason or another

The game _is_ casual friendly because its not _all_ about combat and killing Rancors/Krayts - if you can only see the combat side of this game then I'm not suprised you miss alot of its appeal

Bottom line is you can _never_ take anyones opinion as unbiased - People (especially the youngsters) are easily upset if a game fails to deliver what _they_ wanted, and those with an axe to grind are always more vocal than those that are happy - that said there are also fierce advocates of each game that defend the game with fanatical zeal

For my part having played AO, DAOC, Eve, Earth & Beyond, EQ, Neocron, Planetside I can honestly say that I enjoy SWG the most (it is the only one I am still playing).

I am not a PvP diehard (I do like to PvP if the environment is correct - ala Planetside) but enjoy combat although my bias is towards crafting. While I RP I believe that RP is an extension of everything you do in the game, rather than solely activity in itself (I dont hang out in Cantinas 'just because' nor am I a member of a PA or player city). I have experienced much 'high end' content (not always victoriously) with my group of friends despite my poor combat skills (only novice carbineer) but it would be just as easy, in most cases, to just turn up and get invited into a group (not always a tactically ideal situation)

Limited day trials exist for this reason - sure listen to what others have to say, but ultimately take the opportunity to make up your own mind. Some people dont like SWG because its not EQ (for which I am thankful - I hate camping and levelling) some people dont like SWG because its Star Wars and some people dont like SWG because its the latest and greatest and thus may/will cause a [temporary] decline in player numbers in their chosen MMORPG.

Every game has bugs and most are released too early (blame the developer/publisher/customer relationship), high profile games just get bashed more because of them. I have to say that I have encountered mercifully few game stopping/breaking bugs in the many months I have been playing SWG (certainly far less than most of the other games I have played) and those bugs that are still around are generally niggles and easy to put up with/work around

Short version - those that want to complaint will find anything and everything to complain about. Take the time to experience things yourself and make up your own mind.

Originally posted by xplororor

Originally posted by panache

Exploror

If anyone wants anything in this game being equipment or buffs you go to either one of the malls outside town or visit theed or coronet for buffs. Kor Vella, Moenia, Tyrena and every other place is deserted. I visited smaller cities during my time bounty hunting and they were always deserted. I bet it's only the bh community that visit many of the games other cities.

What about the server trading of lots question....Hmm???

Pan (enjoying the debate)

Pan

I hit MAster Armorsmith today and I have made 2 million in sales and currently have 9 orders in my email since I mentioned I hit Master AS in the official forums.  So, I am sorry that your crafting didnt make you much money.  I'm not even of a popular server and Im making credits like crazy now
    Enigma

Grat's on making master armoursmith mate. I think by playing on one of the less popular servers it may help anyone intending to be a crafter. The two servers i play on (Eclipse and Tempest) are very different. Where on Eclipse it is so easy to find equipment, Tempest requires a lot more work to find what your after.

Pan

Pan

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

You won't go far as a master armorsmith unless you either sell armor that others don't bother with (like padded or tantel) OR you spend 30 million credits buying SEA to get 12 experiment points. I used to be a successful master armorsmith and weaponsmith and have been tempted to get back into it. However I was crafting before the SEA craze hit (they didnt work back then) and simply am not interested in trying to outbid someone on the trade forums for a SEA so I can compete.

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

I think youre being a little short sighted if you only think that the ubersmiths are the ones making money - I'm willing to bet there a market for not-so-uber armour with a not-so-necessary-to-recoupe-30mill-so-SEA price tag on it (and after the combat balance when Composite gets 'adjusted' I think the armour market will change significantly)

Granted the ubersmiths will be getting the uber prices for their uber armour but there are lots of players (especially newbies) who just cant stretch to their prices - thus exists a market for lower-end armour (I know this for a fact as I am a newbie smith and have not problem selling my crappy Mabari, Chitin and Tantel suits, made with whatever I had to hand to all the newbies)

Sounds like your aiming too high and trying to compete with those willing to make the ulimate sacrifices for their trade but not willing to also make those sacrifices - its time to adjust your expectations but the first thing you have to accept is that youre not going to be #1 - only you know if you can deal with that

You won't go far as a master armorsmith unless you either sell armor that others don't bother with (like padded or tantel) OR you spend 30 million credits buying SEA to get 12 experiment points. I used to be a successful master armorsmith and weaponsmith and have been tempted to get back into it. However I was crafting before the SEA craze hit (they didnt work back then) and simply am not interested in trying to outbid someone on the trade forums for a SEA so I can compete.

I got my skill tapes in place as well as my apron for free image 

Today I sold 2.5 million credits worth of Ubesse Armor

and 8.5 million credits worth of Composite (i dont make padded)

I currently have 19 request as of 2:01 CST to make an additional 7 composite and 12 more Ubesse and I sell my composite for 190K and my Ubesse is currently undisclosed as I am having a mega sale for all the people who provided me resources at a very discounted rate (and I stress discounted)

To reach Master Armorsmith, it had cost me 352,500 credits.

However with the new patch coming up, I may have to drop commando to tackle Merchant as the rumour right now is that Crafters will have to have their wares in a merchants vendor to sale ...i.e, a  more realistic economy:  You sale your wares to a merchant and the merchant in turn, sales it at a slightly higher price for profit. So I may become both, but we'll see

• Mr_ManMr_Man Member Posts: 77

Someone here made a comment about Walmart, well thats pretty accurate. Walmart type supermalls with 20 vendors stocked with thousands of items are killing the small business owner (just like in real life).

Stocked vendors?  In this game?  I could only be so lucky. 

Exploror

If anyone wants anything in this game being equipment or buffs you go to either one of the malls outside town or visit theed or coronet for buffs. Kor Vella, Moenia, Tyrena and every other place is deserted. I visited smaller cities during my time bounty hunting and they were always deserted. I bet it's only the bh community that visit many of the games other cities.

You missed the point I am trying to make. All those cities you recently listed - Kor Vella, Moneia, Tyrena, are all on the SAME planet Naboo! Once again, if the market on a planet is not doing well for your crafter and/or merchant buisness, move to another planet.

Do you think with the advent of the automobile,,..... companies that made horse-drawn carriages complained? Yes. But the law of the market changed. Those who see it first are ready for it. Those who keep rebelling, and complaining about the laws of the market (when it changes) will get burned. SWG has a very realistic player economy which is 90+% dictated by supply and demand. Every planet is different, and many times even the cities on 1 planet are different.

Heck, you can even still craft your wares on Naboo, mine your resources on Naboo. But then travel to other planets and plant your items for sale in Bazaars on other planets. Or even open up 2 or more shops on 2 other different planets.

You can even hook up with more established well known veteran player merchants and become their supplier, (for 1 item, or many items) selling them items wholesale, which they then sell to players. Yes, just like it's done in real life. Just like it works in real life.

And also make a list of all the veteran merchants. Get in touch with them just to say hi. Sooner or later 1 or some of them will get tired of their buisness and will move on to another part of the game. You become the first to jump into the vacume and fill it when they close shop, or they on purpose allow their buisness to dwindle.

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------

• Originally posted by admriker444

Forget trying to explain anything to these fanboys Panache, its pointless. You were correct in pointing out what I had stated earlier. No shops for small-time crafters can succeed in this game because of supermalls owned power guilds or power gamers.

Show and point us to any other MMORPG that has a better player economy than SWG? That gives new players a better chance to make money and join the economy?

Next, do you have any ideas yourself on how SWG can make its economy even more new player friendly?

Then some (oh yeah, cant call anyone names because they might lose respect for me, breathe count to 100... they're only kids) "person" said place your shop on another planet. Well, your point was right on.... nobody shops on other planets.

What server do you play on right now? I will personally make a new character and planet hop and see if anyone on your entire server shops on just one planet on the entire server.

Why go to the trouble of taking a shuttle to naboo, then to rori, then to a player town, then finding the vendor and HOPING its actually stocked ? Its just not done, and its just not me who's struggling. There are 10 vendor shops nearby my shop and all say the same thing... maybe once every two weeks they make a sale or two, thats it. And its not like we're in the middle of nowhere. There's a player town 10m behind me and 45 seconds north is the Tusken Fort.

You never mention what planet you are on. Or what server you play on. Since you say you are on the same planet as Tusken Fort I'm guessing you are on Tantooine. The problem here is you are not saying what server you are on. The other poster complaining about not making sales is also not saying what server he is on. He does say he is on Naboo. You say you are on Tantooine. He is complaining about not being able to make sales on Naboo. You are NOW complaining about not being able to make sales on Tantooine. You have a different problem than he does because you are on a different planet (and likely a different server!). Which means you both are up against different veteran players.

Next, SWG leans towards being a MMO meaning it is not intended to be a solo game. Join a PA. Form a PA. Call it "Struggling New Player Merchants Association". There is strength in numbers. Or even join a veteran PA and LEARN how they operate, how they become successful. Location is part of it, also learning how to keep regular customers happy, learning regular customers scheduales, what their future orders will be, what they are looking for, browing the Bazaar for nice deals then re-selling, are other things to learn. Another thing successful vetran player merchants are nice at is making contacts. This mirrors successful real life salespeople.

Also regularly post on the official SWG forums. On whatever server you play on. Also post your ideas, opinions, constructive criticisms, recommendations on how to make SWG even better, etc... on the other many different forums at the official SWG site - WITH your character info, and shop location, server name, info all in your signature. It is a way to get legitimate and VERY  visible advertising for your shop/shops. Make an effort to get involved in the official forum community. Do the same at stratics.com which is one of the most well known fansites.

Its not like I don't know what I'm doing either. I have a BA degree in Advertising. I post messages about shop sales on forums (swg). I have a macro spam I use with my droid at the fort and theed. I joined a very large guild (125 members) to solicit business (unfortunately there's several power sellers already). I've had prize drawings for customers. I've offered several of the big guns (a few well established crafters that know me) bulk rate discounts. I made sure my shop supplied items useful to combat types at the nearby Tusken Fort. Things like muon, brandy, powerups, armor, etc. I also have power to sell to nearby towns really cheaply.

There you go! Nice for you! Try many new things. But again, what server do you play on? Every single server has different markets and economies. Tantooine might be a happening place on Eclipse server, but an oversaturated market on Sunrunner server. If Tantooine is a bad market on your server, move to another planet. Corellia, Naboo, Talus, etc... Visit the Bazaars on other planets and plant some of your items for sale. I will even give you a HUGE "secret" veteran player merchants do:

- Get a cheap item and put 1-2 of it for sale in the Bazaar on a bunch of plents. In the Item name and/or description name it your shop location.

It just doesnt matter. All the players who come through all have crates of brandy, crates of powerups, crates of everything. I could sell my power at 0.5cpu and I still wouldnt see much traffic in my shop. 

In that case talk to those players and ask them what item or items are they looking for. Communicate with buyers. Visit other planets and ask players what items they are looking for. Then plan accordingly. It is called reading the market.

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------

•  

I want to say something about those who say "In real life I have a degree in this or that. Because I have my degree it (automatically) means I know what I am doing". In real life there are tons of unemployed people who have degrees in this or that. I have seen this posted on other forums at other sites, and even at the official SWG forum.

Having a real life degree means zero. Here is why I say this - There are thousands of people who come to America off the boat or airplane and they do not have any fancy degrees from any collage. They have life experience. They open buisnesses, shops, become merchants, and make tons of money. They buy $200,000.oo to $400,000.oo homes outright. Paying in cash, or one lump sum. Koreans, Indonesians, Italians, Russians, East Europeans, people from Africa, Indians, and other Asians. Heck, they never even thought about getting a degree because no way in Heaven or Hell would they be able to afford one.

Also look at all the merchants in the history of the world all the way up to roughly the 1950's. Even up to the 1970's. None of them - to the majority of them..... never ever had a degree. And they become sucessful. Stan Lee, the Vanderbilts, Rockerfellers (aka Billy the Kid after he retired from Bankrobbing), Rothchilds, Harley-Davidson, Mercedes-Benz, the Dodge brothers, Ford, Morgan, the guy who made McDonalds, etc.... The son would learn from the father who learned from his father, etc.. etc... Or go to work for a successful salesperson/buisness owner and learn from them.

And of course look at the tons of present day merchants who still succeed even though they don't have any degrees.

The fact that someone with a degree even says and/or thinks "I should know what I'm doing because I now have a degree" shows how sad, bad, and horrible it is. And how little they actually know.  Then how the heck come ALL the merchants in the history of the world for the past 12,000 years were able to succeed since the majority of them never had degrees? How come Stan Lee was able to succeed? How come present day people off the boat are able to succeed?

Everything someone with a degree paid thousands for can be learned from life experience. And even a bit from going to a libary and checking out various economic books for free. But life experience is the best teacher. Go actually work for a store, watch how the owner makes successful sales. Work for many different stores to get an even more well rounded life experience.

It is like in martial arts with the "belt" system. For the past 12,000 years there were no green belt, white belt, blue belt, etc... You either lived or died. If you lived then you were good and proved you really knew what you were doing. It wasn't until the mid 1900's when martial arts was officially introduced to the USA that America promoted the belt system. Made it official. Um yeah, a white belt will automatically beat a green belt?!? "My belt is used for holding my pants up" - Mr. Miagi from Karate Kid....... and also Bruce Lee mentioned this. Bruce Lee destroyed many "Black Belt" masters while he had no belt. Lee later got his butt kicked by a guy also. Life experience!

In the modern world getting a degree is suppose to mean one is officially educated. It is suppose to mean they will automatically get a job, automatically know what they are doing. Yeah, ask any military vet who he preferrs taking orders from - a NCO or an officer with real war/military experience. Which officer really, really, knows what he is doing.

Is it ok to have and get a degree? Yes. When in Rome do as the Romans do. In modern times, society looks down on those without a degree. BUT be aware of the fact that having a degree does NOT substitute actual life experience. Does not mean one automatically knows what they are doing, or know everything. Does NOT mean one no longer has anymore to learn. Does NOT mean one no longer has to spend the REST of one's life continously learning and educating theirselves.

As proven by the fact that even in modern society tons of people off the boat are able to open sucessful buisnesses even though they do not have a degree. Learning is continous, never stopping, it is lifelong. No matter how many years ago one got their degree, if they were top in their class.

(Anyone remember the most famous vaporwar MMORPG in history.... the title of that MMORPG game was Dawn? The people behind that game had degrees out of their asses! Some were FIRST in their classes at some of the most prestigious universities in America. And they failed... failed... failed horribly! image )

So if one wishes to become a succesful merchant in the MMORPG SWG, first check out how impossible it is to become one in other MMORPGs. This will give one a far greater appreciation for the efforts made by the SWG game DEVs. Next post on the official SWG game site asking for advice. Post at Stractics.com asking for advice. Just for starters. The SWG forums at this here site MMORPG.com are very rarely looked at by any of the 200,000+ SWG fans and players.

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Many people who know me here knows how I feel about SOE and SWG.  For many months I was very skeptical about SWG untill I downloaded the [free] 14 day trial from FilePlanet.

After I tried the game for 14 days I must say this is one of the better MMORPGs out there to date.  I joined an European server and it's been one of the best communites I've ever seen.  My first day someone just gave me 50k credits and helped me out for the full two weeks, explaining everything I needed to know.

Graphics are top notch, then again my PC is also top notch to run the game @ 1600x1200 with x8 filters on. image

The game is skill based so doing things over and over sometimes gets very annoying, therefor they made this "ingame" macro system you can use while you're away at school or work. :)

To make a long story short, this is one of the best MMORPGs I've played since 1994 [UO Alpha].  There hasn't been many games that can top the ecnomony, graphics and share fun from this game...

Just remember I am me, and just because I like this game doesn't mean you can prescribe a full can of flames for me...  I like what I like, and it happens to be SWG... 

Who knew?!  image

What will he do next?

Exploror

You missed the point I am trying to make. All those cities you recently listed - Kor Vella, Moneia, Tyrena, are all on the SAME planet Naboo! Once again, if the market on a planet is not doing well for your crafter and/or merchant buisness, move to another planet.

Exploror

Exploror..... Isn't Kor Vella and Tyrena, on corellia??? For someone as far travelled as you claim to be in the SWG universe i can only assume it's a mistake on your part :) or do you only travel to the useless other cities as infrequently as i do!

Are you dodging my question about cross server trade of lots??

Pan :) 

Pan

• JustinianJustinian Member Posts: 41

biggest problem with SWG?  Marketing dept. rules it.  Even the EQ devs admited that marketing has ruined that game (during the guild summit) and have promised to break away from it and gain more rights again.  However, the SWG devs continue to get deeper into the marketing department's control.  Its sad really...

oh about the vendor move away from Theed/Coronet....who the bloody heck is going to shop anywhere but Theed or Coronet?  There is zero reason for someone to go out of the way like that, especially when there are about fifty billion vendors around with just about everything you could want.  It's too easy to make money in the game to bother wasting your time on a 10-5 minute shuttle wait.

Originally posted by Mr_Man

Stocked vendors?  In this game?  I could only be so lucky. 

lol u need to go out more

There's tons of stocked vendors or my server at least

Exploror

Exploror..... Isn't Kor Vella and Tyrena, on corellia??? For someone as far travelled as you claim to be in the SWG universe i can only assume it's a mistake on your part :) or do you only travel to the useless other cities as infrequently as i do!

Are you dodging my question about cross server trade of lots??

Pan :) 

Yes those cities are on the planet Corellia. imageimage The other guy was complaining only about cities on Corellia, and you mostly complained about cities on Tantooine (you specifically mention Fort tusken.)

But my point still holds, there are many, many, other planets. Not just Naboo, or Corellia. Many other planets with potiential markets.

-> Cross Server Trade. Specifically Cross Server LAND/LOT Trade. Yes it does happen. But not like in other MMORPGs. In SWG characters cannot change and switch servers. Items, credits, loot, weapons, gear, etc... all cannot be traded between characters on different servers.

For the lurkers unfamiliar with SWG, the "cross server Land/Lot trade" in SWG Panache is talking about is this:

- Player A plays on Eclipse server. He posts at a fansite ( Stractics.com for example) or at a PA site on the internet (there's a list of them at Blade's Battlestation)http://www.rpgplanet.com/starwars/groups/ 

- Every player in SWG gets a certain amount of maximum finite land they can own and build structures on in SWG. 

- Player A has built on and used up ALL of the maximum total amount of land the game allows him to own. He then posts on a PA site, or fansite, saying he is on Eclipse server and wants to trade land with someone. He needs to find some one else who plays on a different server than him.

- Player B plays on Starsider server. He has also used up ALL of the maximum total amount of land the game allows him to own. He responds to Player A on the fansite and/or PA site saying he is intrested in doing a cross server LAND trade. He tells Player A he plays on Starsider server.

- Player A then makes a NEW character on Starsider server, names him "Mumu" and meets up with Player B. Player B tells Player A's new character Mumu where to build the new buildings and structures Player B wants. Player B will even give Mumu whatever credits, resources, protection from wildlife, etc.. he might need. Mumu then sets the settings so that Player B can use the structures. Player B can then collect whatever resurces the structures mine, or use the sturctures as extra storage, etc.. etc...

And/or player B gives Mumu a TON of credits to Mumu to keep the structures maintinance paid for.

- Player B then makes a NEW character on Eclipse server, names him "Shushu" and meets up with Player A. Player A tells Player B's new character Shushu where to build the new buildings and structures Player A wants. Player A will even give Shushu whatever credits, resurces, protection from wildlife, etc... he might need. Shushu then sets the settings so Player A can use the structures. Player A can then collect whatever resources the structures mine, or use the structures as extra storage, etc.. etc...

And/or Player A gives Shushu a TON of credits to Shushu  to keep the structures maintinance paid for.

-------

In the end, this is 100% legit and legal. There is nothing SWG can do to stop it. Is anyone hurt by it? Anyone can do it. It is not an exploit. It is super-smart thinking. It is in a way getting a psuedo-mule, or even a newbie-level pseudo-multi-account. The REAL question is does this make SWG unplayable?

The answer is NO. Also 1 player can only do this 1 time IF he wants to have a LIFE. He can theoretically do this 24 times with 24 different players from the 24 OTHER servers. But he would have to have absolutly NO LIFE in order to maintain that much land! LOL!

The ONLY thing doing this does is allow the players who do it to be able to play SWG uber-hardcore. To make credits super-quicker than normal, thus to reach the "end game" quicker than they normally would. They will be among the first on their server to make 1 million credits, etc.... So what. Casual players, and regular players from the getgo intend to play at their own pace. Let the uber-hardcore players burn theirselves out. They end up getting "bored" with SWG and leaving SWG. While the casual players and regular players who play SWG at their own pace, and without trading land and lots cross server, enjoy SWG and as a result have more fun, and do not end up getting "bored" and leaving. Plus sooner or later the  casual players and regular players will also make their 1 million credits, and reach "end game".

It is just like in EQ. Players with 8 multi-accounts will reach end game far quicker. Will make 1 million Platinum super-quicker. Will be among the first on their server to make 1 million Plat. They cannot be stopped. What they are doing is not illegal, it is 100% legit and legal. Same with players in EQ who make 5+ mules and use them for specific things. Like a Mule who has stats specifically geared only to buy items (High Charisma). They trade loot and items from their main character to their mule who then sells the items. Or they trade Plat (money) from their main character to their mule who then buys items for their main character. Or they use a combination of mules to get specific items from various MOBs/monsters for their main character. Etc... etc... same in AO. Players make mules to "blitz" certain dungeons to get items for their main characters. Not caring if the mule dies.

Last, go play other MMORPGs and you will see that the lengths uber-hardcore players go to is NOTHING compared to players in SWG doing cross server land/lot trading. The fact that SWG is SCS sets SWG millions of years apart from every single other MMORPG out. SCS signifigantly stops all the mayhem that happens in all other MMORPGs.

IF you Panache reelly do dislike players "getting over" in MMORPGs, then you should support and like SWG even more! Because even though this still happens in SWG, it happens far, far, far, less vs what goes on in ALL other MMORPGs. The ramifications of it in SWG are far, far, far, less vs what goes on in ALL other MMORPGs.

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------

• DriztDrizt Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Drizt

curently the game is bugged to hell...the devs are much more concerned about the jedi system than the regular player problems..such as not getting paid for missions...and the pvp combat is horrible...i advise people not to lay a finger on this game...the only reason i still play it is bbecause of the friendships in the game...when EQ2 comes out goodbye swg and hello eq2

You had zero, 0, zero posts before making this quote of yours. It looks like you are a fan of EQ and EQ2 since you blatantly post about EQ2 in a forum that is NOT about EQ2. Combat in EQ (and EQ2) is babyfood vs the combat in SWG which requires far more planning, and thinking. Since you like the EQ series soo much... go play EQ and EQ2. image SWG was ment on purpose to be different than EQ (and EQ2.) Just like there are thoudsands of players who dislike the super successful EQ, there are going to be players who dislike SWG. I too find it funny you expect EQ2 to be bug free, scam free, with no problems in combat balances, etc.... heheh. Especially when EQ has the record of having bugs for the LONGEST! Years of having the same bugs. And years of having unbalanced combat, nerfed combat, etc.... *helps Drizit pack up and move over to EQ2*

Since you are making such a serious statement about SWG...... Just so we have a better idea where you are coming from:

- What server name do you play on?

- How long have you played SWG? When was the last time you played SWG?

- What is the name of your character? What name to you post under at the Official SWG forums?

- Did you join any PAs? Which one?

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------