Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please pull the plug on John Travolta's career.

MilkyMilky Member Posts: 339

Please, for the love of all good things in the world pull the plug on John Travolta's career.

Anyone else see the preview for the Hairspray movie?

Comments

• malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221

/stamp

In complete agreement. I am still in shock from "Battlefield Earth" No more.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I've been saying this for years...it died with Welcome Back Cotter.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Originally posted by Draenor

"miiiiiister caaaaughter" lol

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

.... then don't see his movies.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

He's obviosuly well liked otherwise people would not put him in movies. Joh Travolta is ok. Ive seen worse; much worse.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Lets face it Richard Simmons is popular.... its a wonder JT isnt worshiped as a god in that perspective.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Originally posted by malak118

/stamp

QFFT! I still have nightmares about that atrocious movie :(

O_o o_O

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

/stamp

You can hardly blame Travolta for Battlefield Earth.  It’s based on what could possibly be the worst book ever written.  
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

/stamp

That movie was so bad it was good. "Man-animals".

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I'm not complaining. I'd close my lips, this movie may be a sleeping hit. Anyway, I'll let him go in my book. . . .  FACE OFF.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Originally posted by Bigdavo

/stamp

QFFT! I still have nightmares about that atrocious movie :(

On my next "Bad Movie" day, I'm gonna watch "Battlefield Earth" and then "From Justin to Kelly."

I expect to be so numb that you could kick me in the jewels and I won't even blink.  

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

He doesn't need the plug pulled.  Pulp Fiction, Get Shorty, Face off, Phenomenom,  Broken Arrow, The General's Daughter, Swordfish, Basic, and Be cool were all good movies imo.  Those are from the 90s and 2000s, so that isn't too bad a record.   I have also heard that wild hogs isn't too bad as well. 

But yes Battlefield Earth should be destroyed.  Every single copy should be gathered up and burned. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

How bout pulling the plug on Keanu Reeves' career. Or did someone do that already.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by seabass2003

How bout pulling the plug on Keanu Reeves' career. Or did someone do that already.

Yeah I think he did when he agreed to do the Matrix 2&3, it went from The Matrix = New exciting film with exciting ideas, a great script and great actors with great action. To The Matrix 3 = a well made action flick with a so-so script, forgetable action with recycled ideas and actors who made the best of it.

And BTW I liked Battlefield Earth and think it was a really good sci-fi film, if you want to see a really bad film try watching "Moonwalker" or try anything Woody Allen made post mid '70s (I think "Sleepers" or "Take the money and run" was his last truly funny film).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

John Travolta does questionable films but then he comes out and does a film like Be Cool, which is hilarious. Seriously, its one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I'd suggest watching it if you haven't seen it yet.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

Originally posted by lomiller

/stamp

You can hardly blame Travolta for Battlefield Earth.  It’s based on what could possibly be the worst book ever written.  

umm yes you can he produced and directed it. Picking the source material was his first mistake.

Originally posted by Cabe2323

He doesn't need the plug pulled.  Pulp Fiction, Get Shorty, Face off, Phenomenom,  Broken Arrow, The General's Daughter, Swordfish, Basic, and Be cool were all good movies imo.  Those are from the 90s and 2000s, so that isn't too bad a record.   I have also heard that wild hogs isn't too bad as well. 

But yes Battlefield Earth should be destroyed.  Every single copy should be gathered up and burned. 

you have got to be kidding? face off brings up another dishonorable mention nick cage. cage and jerry bruckhemier need to be deserted on an island somewhere for the good of humanity

• UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

Pulp Fiction?

The Generals Daughter?

Phenomenon?

Wish Darkfall would release.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by Urdig

Pulp Fiction?

The Generals Daughter?

Phenomenon?

I'll give you Pulp Fiction is a classic and that Phenomenon was a good movie (though not because of Travolta)...but The Generals Daughter SUCKED imo

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Originally posted by Agricola1

Yeah I think he did when he agreed to do the Matrix 2&3, it went from The Matrix = New exciting film with exciting ideas, a great script and great actors with great action. To The Matrix 3 = a well made action flick with a so-so script, forgetable action with recycled ideas and actors who made the best of it.

And BTW I liked Battlefield Earth and think it was a really good sci-fi film, if you want to see a really bad film try watching "Moonwalker" or try anything Woody Allen made post mid '70s (I think "Sleepers" or "Take the money and run" was his last truly funny film).

The Beach House was actually a pretty good movie, even for a chic flick.

The Matrix, all three of them, are the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen. 

But then you think Battlefield Earth is good.

Pulp Fiction?

The Generals Daughter?

Phenomenon?

I'll give you Pulp Fiction is a classic and that Phenomenon was a good movie (though not because of Travolta)...but The Generals Daughter SUCKED imo

Ah man.  I loved the Generals Daughter!  Crazyness I say, crazyness

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Originally posted by Agricola1

The Beach House was actually a pretty good movie, even for a chic flick.

The Matrix, all three of them, are the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen. 

But then you think Battlefield Earth is good.

I don't have anything against most of the movies he has been in. Its his inability to act that just ruins every movie he is in with 2 exceptions. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey was probably the best acting he ever did.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Originally posted by lomiller

/stamp

umm yes you can he produced and directed it. Picking the source material was his first mistake.

He’s a scientologist so his opinion on the book was obviously a little skewed. He is an idiot for following scientology but that says nothing about his other work.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I liked the movie Be Cool. I thought that was pretty fun to watch.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• MilkyMilky Member Posts: 339

I really didn't even like his performance in Pulp Fiction.  Although its a good movie.  Face off and Swordfish was just cheesy.  After Battlefield Earth it really went downhill for him and his career has been on life support, just trudging on.  Pull the plug already.  I mean, dear lord........   HAIRSPRAY .  Did anyone else see the preview for that and just wanted to slay something?  I mean seriously people, he's in Hairspray.  Does anyone normal on this planet actually want to see that?  He's all washed up and has been for a long time now.  Its going to be like watching Eddie Murphy in Norbit.