Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lag / Ping times

ginettiginetti Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 301

Hi, i'm on a 1500 set up and i just started playing anarchy online, taking advantage of the free base game.

I've tried both servers and find that after i kill a mob, there's like 2 - 3 seconds before the game gives me xp for it.

Is my lag that bad or is that just the game system?

Either way, its a fun game, albiet with a steep learning curve, but i dont mind that.

But just wondering why such the harsh lag.

I'm located in australia, and downloaded the file at a speed of 650kbp per second

----
MMORPG's I've Played: World of Warcraft: 10/10 - Rappelz: 7/10 - Ragnarok Online: 8/10 - DnD Online: 2/10 - Runescape: 6/10 - LotR Online: 5/10 - Anarchy Online: 7/10 - CoV: 8/10 - Rohan Online: 8/10 - Guild Wars: 7/10 - Flyff: 8/10 - Warhammer Online: 8/10

My HARDCORE Story

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by ginetti
    (...)
    I'm located in australia, and downloaded the file at a speed of 650kbp per second

Wikipedia has a good article explaining lag which you are experiencing. Your bandwidth doesn't mater, its the physical distance between you & the server. (Although the server could be responding slow & that is seen also as "lag" for the user).
  • KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Happens to me as well. In fact, it's done that ever since the game began as far as I can remember. I think it has something to do with the client rather than latency especially since it never really gets any worse or better.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• norvaknorvak Member UncommonPosts: 53

AO has always been laggy.  Ive played alot of MMOs, but AO in its primetime was an awesome game.  I still love it, and play it every now and again.

AO2 PLZ!!!!!!!

• jerryk72jerryk72 Member Posts: 10

It's been like that since I've started playing in '02. It's not really lag. It's a latency issue between the client and server. You being in Australia probably makes the time seem that much longer. Don't worry about it. Kill all the mobs you can, the system will catch up and you won't lose any XP.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Never had more lag in AO then any other MMO i played.