Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth it?

So... I want to know if this game is worth it? Some main questions I have are...

1) Is there variety in things to do? Or is all I can do is go fight pirates, loot them, and trade off the remains?

2) Is the cash shop really unbalancing? Will others buying from it affect me that much?

3) Community. Is there any chance that I can find some friends or just dock somewhere and enter a conversation?

4) Can you talk to anyone out at sea? Is there channels to talk in, mail, or just near by chat for talking with nearby ships? I don't want to be sailing around for hours on end just being alone.

5) Anything else I should be aware of?

(See here, I like games like EVE online and stuff like that. I hear that this game has some EVE players or people who like EVE. I like the idea of not always being stuck in the fantasy game mold of healing pots and goblins. So is it like EVE, or similar in that way?)

Comments

• dlilindlilin Member Posts: 13
    Why the cashship is unbalance?
  • TsollessTsolless Member Posts: 448
    I don't know, is it? That's what I'm asking you.
  • junkroomjunkroom Member Posts: 82
    I shall try to answer all questions. I only tested it briefly coz it's not my cup of tea so I dun remember all the terms properly but you'll still get the idea anywayz so here goes.

1) You can do lots of other things like becoming a Trader, Crafter, and 2 or  more type. You can interchange among them by going to the NPC and join their guild easy, it's just you may need different ships to do different things or modify the one you have with a price (not too expensive). To me, the fighting pirates seem to be a bit slow pace. This game is not so much on whacking whacking whacking but other things too.

2) Not able to help you with this, sorry.

3)&4) It doesn't look like there is a shout channel coz i don't see ppl shouting/talking all the time, shrugs... In fact, I don't see many people talking at all. Maybe i'm a newbie place, i dunno. Lots of people have stores set up selling things though. You can mine, chop woods etc etc AFK too so don't put too much hope in getting people to talk when you are doing those coz most time they are AFK anywayz.

5)I find that the tutorial doesn't explain all the things you need to know.... There were things, i had to figure out myself ... I also find that walking thru the place finding NPCs I need to go to is a bit hard, so i used the map mode... it feels a lot easier that way BUT by using that, I can't see if people are chatting with me... I felt that it's very slow pace even during battle with NPCs pirates...

Hope this help... Having said that, i think this is a pretty good game for those that like to do other things than just hitting monsters with simple crafting system... Cheers
  • MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606
    I would have to say yes its worth more than nothing, last i checked ITS FREE so try it...lol

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• ZmogusZmogus Member Posts: 3

try it .its very goodd.yes to all expect q2.i was playing 3months and its was best game i hawe ever played(played a lot)

• bigtankerbigtanker Member Posts: 19

i found it a game hard to get in to

• MrchompyMrchompy Member Posts: 58

I just started playing recently, have enjoyed the game very much.

1) Lots of things to do. Collecting, crafting, land and sea fighting, exploring, treasure hunting....lots more.

2) Haven't really seen this to be yet, though I will have to buy a bank safety box in a bit I think, just to hold more junk.

3) You have your fair share of tool boxes, but there are lots of cool people I've met so far.

4) absolutely! Also, except for crossing the major oceans, you'll be going from port to port a lot, so you're not really at sea for hours at a time.

5) Let's see....it's free, will only cost you download time to check it out. The charactor  animations aren't great, a few basic looking attacks, but the graphics are very good. There are 2 types of sea areas "high seas" where you're traveling, and when you go into battle, pick up drifters or dock you go into "offshore" mode, closer views of your ship, ect. so you can ppick stuff up, fight, ect. Haven't played EVE, but it's got more facets than most MMOs.

• SathonySathony Member Posts: 5

the game is a little complicated at first due to the toooooooooooo many things u can do in the game which makes it really enjoyable game the game play kicks ass since the pvp in it is so gr8 the siege has many strategies wars are awesome after a while things begin to make since and u'll get used to it the item mall things don't interfeir that much in the game but they do help is skill lvling but u can manage without them the community is gr8 but most people are figrably speaking old age people and many metalheads in game  

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Tsolless
    1) Is there variety in things to do? Or is all I can do is go fight pirates, loot them, and trade off the remains?

Crafting is a large part of the game, as well as exploration, merchanting, and assisting your guild (assuming you have one) with gaining ranks and fighting other guilds. Leveling and upgrading your ship will also take up a considerable amount of time.

2) Is the cash shop really unbalancing? Will others buying from it affect me that much?

It's really obvious who used the cash shop and who didn't. I didn't see anything in the shop that would help with ship combat, but there are plenty of player outfits and weapons. I stayed away from it myself and managed to do just fine.

3) Community. Is there any chance that I can find some friends or just dock somewhere and enter a conversation?

I mentioned guilds before, and I'll do it again. Find a guild... there are plenty of them to join and they are (for the most part) good people. Just avoid the obvious idiots and you'll be okay. There are the occasional children who will run up, call you offensive names, and then just stand there waiting for a response. If you ignore them, they get bored and leave. In general, the community was great.

4) Can you talk to anyone out at sea? Is there channels to talk in, mail, or just near by chat for talking with nearby ships? I don't want to be sailing around for hours on end just being alone.

It is possible to chat at sea, and your text will appear in a bubble over your ship. It's not something people usually do though, as being at sea uses rations over time, so it's best to travel as quickly as possible to wherever you are going and then chat there.

• GunscarGunscar Member Posts: 20

I have only been playing this game for a little bit but i think that it's fun inavative it also might be one of the best mmorpgs out there...I have not sailed too much yet because i don't want to die and lose a bunch of stuff so i'm not very experienced but it's a good game so far

• LordDeemsLordDeems Member Posts: 10

This game sucks, its too overrated. You get bored of doing the same things over and over again. There are alot of skills you can raise wich at first seems fun, but later on the game you realize you are repeating the same process. Also leveling up your Military Equipment and Manueverability and getting your ship lvl up is very boring and takes alot of time. I recommend that you try is out, it is an ok game...I would rather play Silkroad.

Arbiter to the 7Knights

• CapsLockCapsLock Member Posts: 7

WORTH IT? why everybody always ask worth it? when its FREE :D

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Aethios

Crafting is a large part of the game, as well as exploration, merchanting, and assisting your guild (assuming you have one) with gaining ranks and fighting other guilds. Leveling and upgrading your ship will also take up a considerable amount of time.

It's really obvious who used the cash shop and who didn't. I didn't see anything in the shop that would help with ship combat, but there are plenty of player outfits and weapons. I stayed away from it myself and managed to do just fine.

I mentioned guilds before, and I'll do it again. Find a guild... there are plenty of them to join and they are (for the most part) good people. Just avoid the obvious idiots and you'll be okay. There are the occasional children who will run up, call you offensive names, and then just stand there waiting for a response. If you ignore them, they get bored and leave. In general, the community was great.

It is possible to chat at sea, and your text will appear in a bubble over your ship. It's not something people usually do though, as being at sea uses rations over time, so it's best to travel as quickly as possible to wherever you are going and then chat there.

I agree 100%...the game is great. and while it can seem a little overwhelming at the start. You can catch on quickly. Its worth a shot.

• GunscarGunscar Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by LordDeems

This game sucks, its too overrated. You get bored of doing the same things over and over again. There are alot of skills you can raise wich at first seems fun, but later on the game you realize you are repeating the same process. Also leveling up your Military Equipment and Manueverability and getting your ship lvl up is very boring and takes alot of time. I recommend that you try is out, it is an ok game...I would rather play Silkroad.

Ahmen brother Silkroad is the best Free MMORPG out there and i'm playing the Silkroad Europe tonight and i'm going to own it ^_^ but back to this game. All i have to say is that i havn't played it much but what I played was pretty fun but I think i might acctually like to play Runescape more than this....Wait No I didn't just say that, Runescape sucks.  But yeah i can't really say much about this game because i didn't really give it any real chance yet but i might start playing this again.

Cheers

• erwong105erwong105 Member Posts: 3

This game's pretty good overall except for the fact it crashes if you have the wrong kind of video graphics card but other than that it's okay. The graphics are great and you can do a lot of stuff in the game besdies just selling stuff and sailing. If your a guy who like customizing your character, don't play this game. A lot of the time yopu find yourself in a group of people who look just like you. The learning curve isn't that bad either. And plus, it's free so if you find that you don't like it, you don't have to pay anything.

• Starfighter1Starfighter1 Member Posts: 7

Another game to try is Bounty Bay Online BBO it Kinda like VCO, but no Item Mall and a lot of other features. Right now it is in Closed Beta, But in a week or so it will go into Open Beta. It's pretty good try in out

AKA JAY_MAN

• EmorygEmoryg Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Gunscar

Ahmen brother Silkroad is the best Free MMORPG out there and i'm playing the Silkroad Europe tonight and i'm going to own it ^_^ but back to this game. All i have to say is that i havn't played it much but what I played was pretty fun but I think i might acctually like to play Runescape more than this....Wait No I didn't just say that, Runescape sucks.  But yeah i can't really say much about this game because i didn't really give it any real chance yet but i might start playing this again.

Cheers

youve GOT to be kidding me...silkroad stinks. as for voyage...i like it...rather play Last Chaos (1000x btr than Silkroad) but a good game...lots of skills (lost of skills in Last Chaos also  )  and yes runescape sucks ....but if your new to MMORPGs voyage is fine  

• LordDeemsLordDeems Member Posts: 10

I can't believe I wrote this garbage

I would honestly rather paly Voyage Century than Silkroad

Silkroad is garbage...it's honestly not worth trying

So is Voyage Century, but hey today all MMOs are suckage

Arbiter to the 7Knights