Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Save Auto Assault Campaign!

SigoyaSigoya Member Posts: 5

NC Soft is going to close Auto Assault server September 1st, even though the game still has a considerable community. AA community might be small but it is very dedicated and committed to the game.

Auto Assault might have not been a WoW-killer, but it still is a unique and out-of-the-box game, that challenged the usual and mundane and delivered something new. Throughout more than a year of its existence, AA have evolved and ironed out many of its problems that plagued the release.

We don't want to see another quality title go down like EnB, so I implore all of those who enjoy gaming and MMOs to support our community and sign the two petitions below.

These petitions are aimed at AA publisher & developer asking to sell the game back to NetDevil and continue support for the game:

-NC Soft Corp Petition

-NetDevil, Ltd. Petition

You can follow our online campaign on BIOMEK.ORG and your support would be appreciated greatly!

Thank You!

Comments

• cpthowdycpthowdy Member Posts: 113

they ever fix the out of sync issues in ground zero? the whole point of the end game was pvp in GZ and they couldnt even get that to work correctly. heck players didnt even want to pvp, they ended up making deals with the other factions for control of outposts. i quit right before they merged all the servers into one, lvl 80 commando nothing to do, GZ devoid of mutants with a few meks to play around with. unless they have fixed the issues with PvP and made it meaningful i wouldnt play it if it was free. good luck on your campaign.

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

SHow your support and sign the petitions!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Actually, I believe ND needs to move on now,
    while I like AA I won't sign, for their sake...

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• rhonnrhonn Member UncommonPosts: 16

The community of Auto Assault should take a step in and and show our support for Auto Assault.

Here is what we can, and should do:

1) Sign and spread the word for the below petitions directed towards the two companies responsible for Auto Assault:

-NCsoft Corp Online Petition - Save or Sell Auto Assault

-NetDevil, Ltd. Online Petition - Buy Auto Assault

2) Contact NCsoft Corp and NC Soft North America and urge them to either sustain or sell Auto Assault:

NC Austin

6801 N. Capitol of Texas Hwy. Building 1,

Suite# 102, Austin, TX 78731

Phone: 512-498-4000, 512-225-6359 or 866-367-9516

Inquiries on PR in the Headquarters (South Korea) : [email protected]

Inquiries on PR in North America : [email protected]

Inquiries on IR : [Email][email protected]
    [/Email]

3) Contact NetDevil, Ltd. and urge them to buy the Auto Assault IPR from NCsoft Corp:

NetDevil, Ltd.

1795 Dogwood Street

Suite 240

Louisville, CO 80027

USA

Phone: (720)890-0411

Fax: (720)890-0415

Email: [email protected]

• rhonnrhonn Member UncommonPosts: 16

Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed,

Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed,

Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed, Signed,

• lobeslobes Member UncommonPosts: 127

While I admire your efforts and determination, the only people that would be truly motivated to sign that petition, are the people playing it. And as we all know, there are not enough people playing it to keep it up and running. This isn't my opinion, these are the facts that Netdevil and NCSoft based their decision on to close the game.

Unless your petition includes very large sums of monetary donations as well, your efforts, while I am sure appreciated by everyone close to the game, will be in vain.

That being said, I wish you luck.

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

If only we can save it from bugs and in-games issues, i did sign.

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• ChinwaKneeHoChinwaKneeHo Member Posts: 37

Didn't AA sell lifetime subs when they first released?

Anyway, NC is closing down the game because it is simply not making a profit.  

This isn't like you are trying to save the whales or somthing important in life that people group together for and march and sign petitions to change a law or get a park built.

This is a GAME that is not SELLING well and lossing money for the company involved.

Unless those that signed the petition actually go buy a subscription (which sure as hell ain't gonna happen because the game is shutting down) what good does signing an internet petition do?

I am not sure an internet petition even means anything in the scheme of things.  May as well start an email spam

Hello,my name is GasketTrunk, I am an autoassualt video game player, one of the last of my kind.  NCSOFT is shutting down the game I play because it is not making a profit for them.  Please send this email to 8117 of your friends within the next 6 seconds or I will die and my 2 year old little 3 headed sister will not get her pink party dress with the rollacoaster breast plates and flame shooting tailpipe.

Now doesn't that sound silly?   

So does signing a petition to save a failing VIDEO game.   Sorry about your game.

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by ChinwaKneeHo

This isn't like you are trying to save the whales or somthing important in life that people group together for and march and sign petitions to change a law or get a park built.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. For the playerbase, this game does symbolically represent something wonderful.. That there are companies in the world who try to do innovative stuff and not just jump on the quickbuck bandwagon.
    SO yeh, supporting this game is kind of important to a lot of players.

This is a GAME that is not SELLING well and lossing money for the company involved.
    Unless those that signed the petition actually go buy a subscription (which sure as hell ain't gonna happen because the game is shutting down) what good does signing an internet petition do?
    Most that HAVE signed the petition are subscribers (go check the IG names).
    THis thread is asking for YOUR SUPPORT AS AN MMOG PLAYER towards the game being kept alive, not for your money.
    DO you want the game to be rescued by either being made free to play or veing bought by NetDevil and run (this is what happened to JumpGate btw which is STILL running).

Even if you dont give a **** about AA, do you believe its an inovative attempt at a game thats worthy of saving and being fixed?

I am not sure an internet petition even means anything in the scheme of things. May as well start an email spam

It shows solidarity amongst a 'supposed' community.
    Look it up in the dictionary.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• lobeslobes Member UncommonPosts: 127

As I mentioned in a different thread, I had a brand new, sealed copy of AA on my shelf from a contest here a while back. I brought it into work today to open it up and check it out. Not to install it, just to read the manual and learn a little about it. While I threw out everything, I did put the "security card" which has my serial code and 14-day trial serial code in my drawer to save, just in case one day it ever returns.

Would like to see it become free-to-play (just like I would like to see Asheron's Call become free as well).

Along with AA, NCSoft also sent me a copy of Lineage II, some artwork, and a couple of comic books from its CoT game. Not a bad prize package.

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

not everyone likes car games. i dont.  plus ncsoft has alot of better games out anyway maybe its costing them money to keep this game up.

• Firebird1Firebird1 Member Posts: 222

Good luck on the petitions.  But at this point, I'm not sure how well they will work.  It seems that the game's population (and the money from it) is the problem here.  You may not have enough signatures to really make a difference in this case.

• ChinwaKneeHoChinwaKneeHo Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by HeLL_SNX

Originally posted by ChinwaKneeHo

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. For the playerbase, this game does symbolically represent something wonderful.. That there are companies in the world who try to do innovative stuff and not just jump on the quickbuck bandwagon.

SO yeh, supporting this game is kind of important to a lot of players.

Most that HAVE signed the petition are subscribers (go check the IG names).

THis thread is asking for YOUR SUPPORT AS AN MMOG PLAYER towards the game being kept alive, not for your money.

DO you want the game to be rescued by either being made free to play or veing bought by NetDevil and run (this is what happened to JumpGate btw which is STILL running).

Even if you dont give a **** about AA, do you believe its an inovative attempt at a game thats worthy of saving and being fixed?

I am not sure an internet petition even means anything in the scheme of things. May as well start an email spam

It shows solidarity amongst a 'supposed' community.

Look it up in the dictionary.

NCSoft has every right to shut down a service that is not making a profit.  The game did not make it - get over it already.

Solidarity amongst a "supposed" community?  Are you speaking of the entire gaming industry? 

Hey there you go - lets get EVERY gamer in the world to sign a petition, hell lets all write our congressmen and senator s- lets get laws past that state a gaming company can only shut down a game if the GAMERS say it is ok and it doesn't matter if the company makes a profit with itt or not - we demand that the decision to shut down a game should be by the gamers themselves and not the company that manufactured it.

That will teach them!  Riiiight that would teach the entire industry to never make a game again and find another way to turn a profit.

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Want to save the game?

MONEY talks and BS walks.

Everyone of you that wants the game to continue, go out and buy every boxed copy of the game you can find and activate the accounts.

Money is the motivation. Its a business, not a charity or a spiritual commune.

Or you can offer to pony up the dough and buy all rights to the game and then purchase servers and host it yourself (for free?).

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255

Its a wild goose chase in all honesty. As much as I love Auto Assault and enjoyed the times I spent on it (subbing on and off) there is no hope for an online petition. Most players have been talking with their wallets every month since release and thats not enough to make them want to keep the game going, then a list of names certainly wont. As much as I would love the game to keep going, I doubt it will.

I personally would love it if the server files were released under a free liscence so the community can at least set-up and attempt to keep the game they enjoy going. They can't really sell the files to a failed game, and they aren't making money from subscriptions after they close down, so it would be great if they would hand us the files as final thanks for our support. I doubt this will happen either for whatever reason.

I would rather see the game die quickly, without pain and suffering, and with its dignity than to see it struggle on for a few more months struggling to breathe like a beached whale.

• MrVicchioMrVicchio Member Posts: 598

While I ADMIRE the dedication you guys have, and I feel bad that players who put time, effort and money into the game are going to lose something special...

What is the purpose of trying to save a game that failed on the market?

Let's face facts folks, AA was a very niche game with a narrow appeal and whatever it's faults, whatever it's promise, it's good points, it doesn't have that magical thing an MMO requires.  Paying players.

Subpar products are weeded out not by greedy suits (though, they don't help matters most of the time) but by failing to make money.  Money is what makes games go.  

AA had it's chance, AA failed.

RIP AA, the Bug zapper awaits you 01Sept07

Always change your signature.

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542

I liked the game but it's boring as there's no one there to play with. I got to the top level 80 but left because of complete boredom so unless something is done it deserves to close.

I won't vote and I stopped playing a few months back. I would of stayed had there been more players and more to do but there wasn't. It's a shame its closing now but maybe its time they put it to sleep.

They should take SWG and Vanguard with it as those two are even worse then this one.

• LycurgusSFLycurgusSF Member Posts: 6

The best way to save Auto Assault is to encourage development of a future title from the developer that incorporates the lessons of what failed this time.  Obviously it could have been a bigger hit.  Write Netdevil and tell them to do AA2 free of NCSoft!

• SolarTigerSolarTiger Member Posts: 43

No...sorry...your grief counselor's office is to the left of Earth@Beyond's  place...take a number...

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by SolarTiger

No...sorry...your grief counselor's office is to the left of Earth@Beyond's  place...take a number...

Earth & Beyond, what a great game that was. I'm still pissed that its gone. I loved that game. The fate of Earth & Beyond is the only reason why I am afraid that EA controls the plug on Warhammer. I'm scared they will pull the plug on another great game.

I personally could never really get into auto assault for some reason.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

This is a job for ....... SoE

And seriously if SoE haven't offered to take it off NCSoft's hands the game must be dead!

And just a reminder that (a section of) the Ryzom community did set about trying to save the game. Wasn't the first step people pledging $100 (not giving but pledging). If the community is sufficiently motivated then a fair amount of money could be raised which might get NCSoft interested.

• myrrdinirlmyrrdinirl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 314

not exactly a plethora of signatures lol

• bufmufrbufmufr Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by myrrdinirl

not exactly a plethora of signatures lol

Exactly.  This game had its time. 

Hopefully ND gets it right on the next one they do.

Mourning is over.

Time to give my money to some other mmo.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Why is it that everytime a game closes down, there are a number of fanbois on forums who will ask you to "Sign this petition to keep the game alive!!!". Petition like this are NOT, I repeat, NOT going to change anything whatsoever. The game did NOT have a considerable amount of subscribers.

Its sad that your favorite game will close down, but you're just wasting your time with this petition.

• bufmufrbufmufr Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Gameloading

Why is it that everytime a game closes down, there are a number of fanbois on forums who will ask you to "Sign this petition to keep the game alive!!!". Petition like this are NOT, I repeat, NOT going to change anything whatsoever. The game did NOT have a considerable amount of subscribers.
    Its sad that your favorite game will close down, but you're just wasting your time with this petition.
    That is your opinion.

And you are allowed to post it.

But why can't people show they care for a game?  Isn't that allowed?

So I will ask this question of you?

Why is it everytime a game closes down, someone bashes the people who are trying to save the game?

*shrugs*

And for the record, I knew this game couldn't be saved.  I knew the sub numbers were less then 500 players.  But, it didn't stop me from signing petition.  Why?  Cause I love this game.

I will move on.  It is only a game.  But we Do get to show our support of it.  Don't we?