Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look what these MMO devs do for money.

I Called it. They dont need to make a good game they just need to get your money.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/109904/page/1

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/109736/page/1

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/834193#834193

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/84271/page/1

Remeber how everyone said mircosoft didnt drop VG and SOE didnt buy it. lmao lmao lmao mircosoft made a great deal dropping this game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/77279/page/1

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/77153/page/1

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/76917/page/1

Just trying to show you guys how these dang dev do nothign but lie. We need to stop buying this crap so we can get a good game made. Nothign good coming out for the next 3 years????????????? its all the same crap. Lie lie lie lie lie li eliel lieleileieli then relsase and say the other stuff is comming and let the game die. Stop paying to play unfinished crappy games.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• CharslesTCharslesT Member Posts: 366

I agree.  We need to stop buying unfinished games.

Btw, as I play EQ 1 on the private server, it is amazing how much ... well, how bad games are.  EQ 1 is still better in some ways than virtually every fantasy game released since. Heh.

Boycott EA Games. RIP Sim City.

• Some real solid gold stuff in those old threads :)  Like this one....

"what does that sound like to you? sounds to me like they (Microsoft) tried to speed things up and ship earlier than brad and sigil wanted.

take it however you want, but it is quite obvious that is what happened to me.......thats as close as you could possibly get to saying "we left Microsoft because they wanted to ship before we were ready"

how many times have we seen brad stress the fact that he will do everything in his power to protect "the vision"? how many times has he said that he refuses to put out vanguard before it is ready?

this is all starting to make sense to me, disagree with me? thats fine but IMHO it is quite obvious now....."

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

Devs don't lie, they just make promises they can't keep.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

I don't get it.

In wich of those posts is a developer of any game posting?

How does the title of this thread have any relation to the links you provided of posts on this site?

How do the responces of gamers have anything to do with developers lying?

How do any of those posts indicate how a developer makes money?

Wish Darkfall would release.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by Urdig

I don't get it.
    How does the title of this thread have any relation to the links you provided of posts on this site?

Well I gotta agree.  While I'm not a big fan of Urdig zealously defending a mediocre game at best, he does have a very valid point here.

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431
    Originally posted by Recant

Devs don't lie, they just make promises they can't keep.

LOL, excellent post :)

eqnext.wikia.com

• Benz00Benz00 Member Posts: 122

I don't get it.

Look what devs do for money........................... They haped this lame game and did nothign But lie about mircosoft dropping the game ans SOE picking it up. It was posted a million times on how Sigel will run this game to trash and sell it to SOE who will in turn add muppet babies.

What do devs do for money? Brad sold his mmo soul for  your money. If you think that lame dude dosent have a ton of money in RL your nuts.

What do devs do for money? Lie to all their fans for years and years.

IF you been a fan of VG for te years its been being made you would know that this game is a huge lie  The web site took down half the stuff it promised. Brad promised up and down it wouldnt be relesed early.

We were lied too. by the devs for money. THe year old post perdict what these crappy devs do for money.

how do devs make money. By saying a game cost 60 million to make.( how the hell could a game cost that much) saying its gonna have a ton a of cool stuff.(lies) then releaseing it

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765

Originally posted by Benz00

Look what devs do for money........................... They haped this lame game and did nothign But lie about mircosoft dropping the game ans SOE picking it up. It was posted a million times on how Sigel will run this game to trash and sell it to SOE who will in turn add muppet babies.
    What do devs do for money? Brad sold his mmo soul for  your money. If you think that lame dude dosent have a ton of money in RL your nuts.
    What do devs do for money? Lie to all their fans for years and years.
    IF you been a fan of VG for te years its been being made you would know that this game is a huge lie  The web site took down half the stuff it promised. Brad promised up and down it wouldnt be relesed early.

We were lied too. by the devs for money. THe year old post perdict what these crappy devs do for money.

how do devs make money. By saying a game cost 60 million to make.( how the hell could a game cost that much) saying its gonna have a ton a of cool stuff.(lies) then releaseing it
    Dude, I am no fan of Brad, but what you are saying is not making any sense. Let me give you a bit of advise: when cooking up nice conspiracy theories, cook them real well, cause if the premise is a man (Brad) who is out there ONLY to make money, this was one of the silliest ways to achieve that. Think things over with the premise and end goal in mind, then you will realize if a conspiracy theory is purely bull or not!

Nothing makes money in gaming better than a very good game, and that's the simple truth. Yes it takes a lot of work, and professionals, but the payoff is huge (look at WoW).

So let's take your premise, of Brad being the evil schmuck, out there only to make loads and tons of money, and he cares of nothing else. What would he do? Create a failure, with an amateur team, only to sell it off for some quick (not so) money to another company, OR invest more in the beginning, get a better (aka professional) team, keep deadlines and make a good game, that pays off a lot better than selling out, and (this is most important) keep his reputation intact, enabling him to get even more money, by creating more successful games.

Dude! It's a no brainer!

What actually happened, is he got the "We created EQ, so you mofo shut the fuck up, I am king here" kind of overconfidence, and being the sloppy team leader that he is, simply screwed up (basically ruining his chance of making his dream come true). The lies that followed were to save the sinking ship, and therein lies his guilt. As it also turns out, Brad isn't the type of captain to sink with the ship.

There is no conspiracy, obviously, there was a man, Brad, who thought he had a worthy vision, he also had good will, and tried to live the american dream. He failed miserably, and lost a lot on this deal. Sure, he might have money, but that which mattered to him most, is gone.

• sirespersiresper Member Posts: 317

Alright, with that subject heading I came into this thread expecting pics of developers on a street corner or behind a bus station. Or maybe on the cover of some risque magazine.

As it stands I feel completely deceived. I want my money back.

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

I don't get it.

He's got to be the only one on the internet who can't find a post from Brad.